What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Bailey????

Wobbygong

First Grade
Guys,

Anyone have the lowdown on whether Phil has resigned with us as yet or is close?

I know a few weeks back he was made a very generous offer by the club, (215k a season) but I haven't anything since.

I hope we hear something soon.

Cheers.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Tht's great news, thanks for that! :D

The offer we made was pretty damm good, I'm suprised he didn't sign right away.

Nuffs

Bench
he'll be playing centres when Raper says that Vagana isn't in his plans

Vagana will play out the year in Divvy and then move to the Panthers next year

:lol:

maxpower3000

Juniors
I for one hope he stays in the centres, with all of the new forward signings for next season we still lack some depth in the backs,

I would love to see
Peachey
Reick
Bailey
Vagana
Franze
??????
Kimmorley

I think that Kent, Merritt, Ross and Co need to prove themselves before given a spot in the top grade.

imasharkie

Coach
No way Bails has to be in the forwards he's too slow for the centres....thats where the opposition targetted us last season and ran around him every time

maxpower3000

Juniors
HA!!!, they ran around us whether he was there or not, with players like JA, milford, kent and the out of form Reick at the time what was one man going to do on his own.

OH Right!, he was our top try scorer when the blokes could'nt catch the flippin ball and yes he was good enough to represent Australia in the centres even if he was the teachers pet.

Special K

Coach
Kent doesn't need to prove himself. He already has. He was our only back who could tackle this year without including Peach or Bails.

Kent has earnt Riecks wing spot IMO.

And Bailey back to the forwards and Franze to get his centre spot back.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Kent was in great form at the end of season and he, Rieck and McGoldrick will be fighting for the two spare spots in the backs.

Morpheus

Juniors
Mcgoldrick has been the stand out trainer in the backs and has packed on 4 kgs of upper body weight without losing speed.

He will be a chance for origin selection this year based on his early training performances, if he plays up to that, and remains fit, he will play himself nicely into the NSW team where centres are not at a premium currently, one only needs to view our recent test centre troubles to know that.

Booyah

Bench
Morpheus said:
Mcgoldrick has been the stand out trainer in the backs and has packed on 4 kgs of upper body weight without losing speed.

He will be a chance for origin selection this year based on his early training performances, if he plays up to that, and remains fit, he will play himself nicely into the NSW team where centres are not at a premium currently, one only needs to view our recent test centre troubles to know that.

I'm pretty sure he's a Queenslander though.

Marduk

Juniors
That's great news if Phil Bailey has agreed to terms. I'd also like to see him in the back-row again. His aggression was being wasted out in the backs.

Latest posts