What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Bailey????

ali

Bench
Booyah said:
Morpheus said:
Mcgoldrick has been the stand out trainer in the backs and has packed on 4 kgs of upper body weight without losing speed.

He will be a chance for origin selection this year based on his early training performances, if he plays up to that, and remains fit, he will play himself nicely into the NSW team where centres are not at a premium currently, one only needs to view our recent test centre troubles to know that.

I'm pretty sure he's a Queenslander though.

You are right. Anyway I'll think he'll be lucky to play first grade. Going by what I've seen of him in the past he didn't have much with ball in hand. Solid in defence but overall pretty ordinary. Not a patch on Lyan, Gasnier, Cross, Lewis and many more. He'd need a miracle transformation to become an Origin player.

SirShire

First Grade
maxpower3000 said:
OH Right!, he was our top try scorer when the blokes could'nt catch the flippin ball and yes he was good enough to represent Australia in the centres even if he was the teachers pet.

Most of those tries were soft. Even though I was happy to see him play in the test series, I don't think he was good enough for it.

maxpower3000

Juniors
Well I guess we will just have to wait for the first round of 2004 to see where the coach puts him,

I do know one thing for sure and that is whatever position he plays he will no doubt prove all of you jokers wrong who think that he is not good enough.

And finally GOODBYE Treister, I am sure there is a spot for you at Metro cup ar some park footy comp that are short of players :p

SirShire

First Grade
maxpower3000 said:
Well I guess we will just have to wait for the first round of 2004 to see where the coach puts him,

I do know one thing for sure and that is whatever position he plays he will no doubt prove all of you jokers wrong who think that he is not good enough.

And finally GOODBYE Treister, I am sure there is a spot for you at Metro cup ar some park footy comp that are short of players :p

Prat

wittyfan

Referee
maxpower3000 said:

:shock: I can't believe anyone could seriously say that who watched Dean play.

eastsrule

Bench
McGoldrick playing for Easts (in Union) did pretty well in attack. His defence is what let him down. But he definately was an attacking weapon.

From what I have seen of Bailey, he should play second row and put Vagana and McGoldrick in the centers. How many games has Vagana played in a 6 jersey?

southwestshark

Juniors
From what I remember of an interview with Bailey earlier this year, he mentioned that he would prefer to play in the forwards.

IMO he is better suited as a wide running backrower.

My team would be:

Peachey
Kent
Franze
Vagana
Merritt
Bird
Kimmorley
Hilder
Bailey
Nutley
Stevens
Bosnich
Beattie

Sullivan
Lomu
Gallen
Bickerstaff

Merritt would start in place of Reick because of his better attacking flair although his defence could prove to be a problem.

coolumsharkie

Referee
eastsrule said:
McGoldrick playing for Easts (in Union) did pretty well in attack. His defence is what let him down. But he definately was an attacking weapon.

From what I have seen of Bailey, he should play second row and put Vagana and McGoldrick in the centers. How many games has Vagana played in a 6 jersey?

what about Franze???????

Wobbygong

First Grade
According to the print media last weekend, Bailey will be with us for next season, but may be looking for greener pastures for 2005 and beyond. It was reported that he wasn't happy with the offer we made him.

Disappointing as I would like to keep him in a our second row, worst feeling I have is that he is more than likely going to join the Dragqueens.

f**k Phil Bailey off. While he's been under contract to us he's expressed a desire to play for the Tigers or Manly and after hawking himself around to just about every Sydney club he's been heavily linked to the Dregs. Who does he think he is, Judas? Unhappy with the offer that was well above anything he would have attracted from anywhere else? We dont need him. We should get rid of him for 2004 and he can play for peanuts out with the savages Campbelltown if that's his go.

Houdini

First Grade
Wobbygong said:
According to the print media last weekend, Bailey will be with us for next season, but may be looking for greener pastures for 2005 and beyond. It was reported that he wasn't happy with the offer we made him.

I saw this too. In the article Bailey actually mentioned he was looking for a longer contract, something like 3 or 4yrs but Sharks wouldn't offer it to him. No reason why was given.

Shark

Bench
I heard only an hour ago that he's only locked up for 2004, beyond that he's looking for more cash to sign for any longer.

If he's trying to bully his way into a bigger contract, then I'm with Shireshark. Get rid of him, and I'd even go so far as to say don't wait until the end of the season, get it over and done with now. We don't want someone who is only putting in good performances with a view to improving their value on the open marken for 2005 and beyond.

Macca

Coach
That's a bit harsh El Garbo. Frenzy is not even here to defend himself. His info is right most of the time. Second Hand is right but I'm pretty pleased with who the first hand is. ;-)

Booyah

Bench
He stays, he goes. Either way I'm not particularly fussed - unless he has an absolutley stellar year next season. :lol:

Latest posts