What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould Flashback

I've said it before, and his performance tonight showed it, Gould should be nowhere near an International fixture when it comes to commentary.

NZ play a good solid set after scoring a try and are in the lead of a WORLD CUP FINAL "Oh...that was poor play for NZ" And on and on it went.

Fair dinkum, he's an absolute nuffy.

lucablight

First Grade
I've said it before, and his performance tonight showed it, Gould should be nowhere near an International fixture when it comes to commentary.

NZ play a good solid set after scoring a try and are in the lead of a WORLD CUP FINAL "Oh...that was poor play for NZ" And on and on it went.

I just thought he was telling it how it was. NZ were the underdogs and he was frustrated when they made brain explosions. What's wrong with that?

The Clan

Juniors
I've said it for years about Gould, his calls while in the heat of a game betray him as so patriotic that he borders on being a racist.

Leon should buy some Blackpool rock and get Hoppoate to ram it up Goulds Arsen Wenger.

typicalfan

Coach

well he was right the next phase of play Inglis scored. I dont like his commentary most of the time, but he was 100% right there

Loudstrat

Coach
Well, at least Gus gave his opinion, right up until the end. Ikin - who speaks gibberish from the warm ups, shuts up when the QLDers are not firing.

Gus is fine.

rlo

Juniors
Tough gig for Phil Gould - he's contractually obligated to be a commentator and not a hater. Hence his pro-minnow comments in the PNG and Fiji matches.

Although he was full on "this isn't finished yet" at the 68th minute when New Zealand scored again and Thurston missed his conversion.

He's still a lot better than Ikin though. Come on, "reggae football"?!

Brutus

Referee
There's a difference between simply thinking Australia will win and making degrading comments about the tournament in giving your tip.

Many of these 'experts', in giving their tip, did so in a degrading, who cares type of manner.

Suck eggs to the lot of them who did that.

Hanscholo

Bench
I nearly thru my TV out the window when those 3 idiots were talking about the NZ winger getting the ball down. Everyone else saw his leg out, and those 3 just had to go on about something that wasnt even relevant. Shows how closely they actually watch the game. I usually dont mind Gould but f**k he annoyed me tonight, world cup final isnt about him.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
He was right in saying about NZ had no chance in winning the match...in fact i think only about 30 people in the World believed NZ had any chance in the final, and that was the Kiwis team.

nqboy

First Grade
Well, at least Gus gave his opinion, right up until the end. Ikin - who speaks gibberish from the warm ups, shuts up when the QLDers are not firing.

Gus is fine.
As the clock wound down, the commentary team went quiet. I haven't heard them so quiet since it became obvious that the Roosters (a Sydney team) were going to lose to Brisbane (a non-Sydney team) in the 2000 GF. I'll clarify that by saying that I can't recall if they commentated on the 3N final loss and what they were like if they did. Their bias is astonishing.