What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould - The Biography

Hypothetically, would you buy a copy?

• Might be interesting....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he is a tosser and i wouldnt wipe my arse with the pages....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dragon

Coach
No doubt we are coming to the point wherein Phil 'Gus' Gould will release a biography of his life and times in rugby league.

Are people interested in Goulds life story?

Was he tormented as a child?

Vote now....

drake

First Grade
Can you imagine the self congratulatory roosters pushing tripe he'd spill.
It would have to be put in the "fantasy/Sci Fi" section.

Gould's autobiography came out in 1996, you dumbos! Written with Ray Chesterton and called "Good as Gould".

Jeez, you lot are big football fans, aren't you? :roll:

But I guess you've got your studies to worry about ...

drake

First Grade
Obviously we're so enamoured of the other 'Renowned league expert', Goose Gould.

Nice sig, does it help you sleep at night?

Kiwi

First Grade
Renowned League Expert said:
Gould's autobiography came out in 1996, you dumbos! Written with Ray Chesterton and called "Good as Gould".

Jeez, you lot are big football fans, aren't you? :roll:

But I guess you've got your studies to worry about ...

Actually you must remember most of us think he is a tosser and really couldn't be bothered with a book with what 200 - 300 pages of "I am so great", "I hate news ltd", "I am so great", "everyone look at me", "I am so great", "I'm gonna quit the game", "I am so great", "did I mention I was great".

Which means we may have seen the book on the shelf, but thats where it stayed and was forgotten about, rightfully so too me thinks.

taxidriver

Coach
Jeez, you lot are big football fans, aren't you?

Being a football fan doesn't revolve around your club or reading a book about the Ego.

But my personal favourite has to be

An AUTObiography written by someone else ????, glad you didn't call yourself Renowned English Expert :lol:

DJ1

Juniors

Great book. It was soft yet strong, and thoroughly absorbant :)

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
"Good as Gould".

You gota hate puns in book titles. Thats terrible

Mind you, there could be a worse one about Wayne Bennett.

"What's under the Bennett ?" No that's truly terrible.

miccle

Bench
taxidriver said:
An AUTObiography written by someone else ????, glad you didn't call yourself Renowned English Expert :lol:

It actually happens 99.9999999% of the time with sports autobio's actually taxidriver. Tallis's one is another good example. They tell the stories in their own words etc. and it's compiled and edited etc. by a sports journo usually. In this case, Ray Chersterton. In Gordie's case it was Mike Colman.

taxidriver

Coach
Miccle - Raging Bull is credited to Gordon Tallis (with Mike Coleman)

Good as Gould is credited to Ray Chesterton

subtle difference I know, but it was in response to someone who called us dumbos and questioned our bona fides as league supporters for being unaware of a BIOGRAPHY on the Ego.

miccle

Bench
ah ok fair enough - I read a post up higher that said it was an autobiography, not a biography. Meh - we all know how capable both Gordon and Gould would be at writing a book themselves anyway. A translator/editor is a must :lol:

Razor

Coach
taxidriver said:
Jeez, you lot are big football fans, aren't you?

Being a football fan doesn't revolve around your club or reading a book about the Ego.

But my personal favourite has to be

Ray Charleston didn't write it himself, he wrote it with Gould.

No sportsperson autobiographies are written by themselves. They don't have the writing talent to do so. But since they tell the story and the writer writes it, it's still an autobiography because it's the person telling the story, not the writer telling the story.

miccle

Bench
Cheers razor - someone did back me up :) I think the correct way to write it on the title is "By Phil Gould with Ray Chesterton" and "By Gordon Tallis with Mike Colman". They basically spin all the yarns to the journos who then write it for them. Basically.

Latest posts