What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Rothfield

El Diablo

Post Whore
lol

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/23c97f2546c8c5dbb38c3912423d0db3

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg fired-up over “crisis merchants” after Phil Rothfield tweet

DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
April 15, 2018 5:20pm

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has instructed all clubs to publicly promote, endorse and support rugby league – not bag the game.

Wanting the game to fall into line behind him, Greenberg has been visiting all clubs calling on players and officials to refrain from criticising any aspects of the NRL.

His request has been supported in some areas - but criticised in others.

One fan labelled Greenberg “delusional.”

Greenberg took to social media to talk up rugby league despite recent criticism over the excessive amount of penalties being awarded and his controversial decision to allow Matt Lodge back into the NRL.

His hash tag on Twitter was #talkthegameup.

The NRL CEO even described those being negative as “crisis merchants.”

It appears Greenberg’s comments came in response to a provocative tweet from The Daily Telegraph sports editor-at-large Phil ‘Buzz’ Rothfield.

Fed-up with the penalties being given, Rothfield posted: “Rugby league is now a shit game.”

Greenberg fired back.

“In 2018 our crowds are UP...TV ratings are UP....participation/junior registrations are UP....investment into grassroots is UP....investment into our clubs & players is UP...Premiership games played in the bush are UP...Revenues are UP...Costs are DOWN.... #NRLtalkthegameup,” Greenberg posted.

“I’ve been visiting all 16 Clubs in recent weeks & my simple message when I’m standing in front of our players & coaches is this….when you get an opportunity to talk about the game - Talk it UP, not down”. #NRLtalkthegameup.

“We will always be debating the performances of Clubs, players, administrators, referees, rules, etc but if you love Rugby League then talk it up & share your positivity. Ignore the crisis merchants & support your club & the game! #NRLtalkthegameup

“I’ve never suggested we are perfect & debate will always fill the conversation across multiple issues & agendas ....but let’s try and talk it up. We all love the game. #NRLtalkthegameup.

“We can always disagree on certain issues. That is natural and normal and has been part of rugby league since 1908! But we are all part of the most amazing sport which continues to inspire & entertain us. Healthy debate with all views is a good thing #NRLtalkthegameup.”

“The game is not broke! We are well positioned financially & are investing more money into Players & Clubs & Grassroots than ever before!”

Not everyone though was convinced.

Greenberg’s comments drew a sharp response from those posting on Twitter.

“I find it amusing to see NRL administration now preaching their head-in-sand approach to others. I love Rugby League, but like many, becoming increasingly frustrated with the way it is administered. Hard to talk it up at the moment,” one fan posted.

And another wrote: “C’mon mate stop being delusional, you must first stop and be honest about the current status of the game and then move on with fixing the top 5 issues.”

Another posted: “Todd is making the negative few within the press look juvenile & foolish. Positivity & balanced perspective will always win. It’s good vs evil stuff. Strap yourself in for the upswing.”

j5o6hn

Juniors
Rothfield works(drinks) for the Murdoch owned Tele, now if ever there was a piece of shit masquerading as a Newspaper that's it
Murdoch has sunk his cash into AFL,& gave instructions his organization would support AFL to the hilt,ditto his employees if you don't toe the Murdoch line you don't have a job
From what I can glean his ratings on Fox Footy for AFL are not that crash hot & Rugby League seems to be going better than before which wont please his nibs

nrlnrl

First Grade
The guy has made his living from rugby league. At least he did admit on Sunday Night With Matty Johns that what he writes is a 2 page gossip column. He said it's because feel good stories don't get the hits that a story like Dugan being kicked out an RSL do.

One thing his silly tweet has done is bring out strong support from others about being positive.

Spot On

Coach
The guy has made his living from rugby league. At least he did admit on Sunday Night With Matty Johns that what he writes is a 2 page gossip column. He said it's because feel good stories don't get the hits that a story like Dugan being kicked out an RSL do.

One thing his silly tweet has done is bring out strong support from others about being positive.

I must be in the minority.... I couldn't give a shit of Dugan gets kicked out of an RSL.

insert.pause

First Grade
lol

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/23c97f2546c8c5dbb38c3912423d0db3

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg fired-up over “crisis merchants” after Phil Rothfield tweet

DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
April 15, 2018 5:20pm

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has instructed all clubs to publicly promote, endorse and support rugby league – not bag the game.

Wanting the game to fall into line behind him, Greenberg has been visiting all clubs calling on players and officials to refrain from criticising any aspects of the NRL.

His request has been supported in some areas - but criticised in others.

One fan labelled Greenberg “delusional.”

Greenberg took to social media to talk up rugby league despite recent criticism over the excessive amount of penalties being awarded and his controversial decision to allow Matt Lodge back into the NRL.

His hash tag on Twitter was #talkthegameup.

The NRL CEO even described those being negative as “crisis merchants.”

It appears Greenberg’s comments came in response to a provocative tweet from The Daily Telegraph sports editor-at-large Phil ‘Buzz’ Rothfield.

Fed-up with the penalties being given, Rothfield posted: “Rugby league is now a shit game.”

Greenberg fired back.

“In 2018 our crowds are UP...TV ratings are UP....participation/junior registrations are UP....investment into grassroots is UP....investment into our clubs & players is UP...Premiership games played in the bush are UP...Revenues are UP...Costs are DOWN.... #NRLtalkthegameup,” Greenberg posted.

“I’ve been visiting all 16 Clubs in recent weeks & my simple message when I’m standing in front of our players & coaches is this….when you get an opportunity to talk about the game - Talk it UP, not down”. #NRLtalkthegameup.

“We will always be debating the performances of Clubs, players, administrators, referees, rules, etc but if you love Rugby League then talk it up & share your positivity. Ignore the crisis merchants & support your club & the game! #NRLtalkthegameup

“I’ve never suggested we are perfect & debate will always fill the conversation across multiple issues & agendas ....but let’s try and talk it up. We all love the game. #NRLtalkthegameup.

“We can always disagree on certain issues. That is natural and normal and has been part of rugby league since 1908! But we are all part of the most amazing sport which continues to inspire & entertain us. Healthy debate with all views is a good thing #NRLtalkthegameup.”

“The game is not broke! We are well positioned financially & are investing more money into Players & Clubs & Grassroots than ever before!”

Not everyone though was convinced.

Greenberg’s comments drew a sharp response from those posting on Twitter.

“I find it amusing to see NRL administration now preaching their head-in-sand approach to others. I love Rugby League, but like many, becoming increasingly frustrated with the way it is administered. Hard to talk it up at the moment,” one fan posted.

And another wrote: “C’mon mate stop being delusional, you must first stop and be honest about the current status of the game and then move on with fixing the top 5 issues.”

Another posted: “Todd is making the negative few within the press look juvenile & foolish. Positivity & balanced perspective will always win. It’s good vs evil stuff. Strap yourself in for the upswing.”
Ritchie is such a sad wanker! The majority of the comments were positive about Greenberg wanting the game talked up, yet he makes out it was the minority view. Pathetic.

Life's Good

Coach
It wouldnt surprise me that this whole thing was orchestrated to start with. The puff piece interview with Johns and Buzz was done a at least a week ago. Buzz conveniently dribbles his sh*t on Twatter and BAM they run this on the MJ Show immediately after the sh*t storm that follows.
I've said before that Buzz thinks he is the news because he is incapable of reporting on it.

magpie_man

Juniors
i reckon this is aimed at his tweet

Well said Toddy.
Parasitic crisis-merchants have been getting away with this sort of treatment of the game for too long. It reached an all-time low during the David "umm ahh" Gallop era, it's good to see our CEO finally taking a stand against this nonsense and, at least, a vocal minority of players supporting him.

taipan

Referee
He's the sort of guy, who would try to flog feelthy post cards in a Cairo slum.Just to get noticed.

Most rl fans serve it up to the NRL admin, at times over refs,administration,lack of monetary support for juniors,,but ATST most rl fans appear to acknowledge things that are positive happenings within the game at times.
The Vic media works on the basis,OK something bad happened today in the AFL off field ,acknowledge it and get on with it for the good of the game.
Not Rothfield and some of the useless nimrods and the swill at the Telegraph ,old rl dramas are brought up time and time again, even if they go back 10 years.

I couldn't give a turtle's t*t if Billy Ballsoff the flying winger picked his nose in a high class restaurant two years back,the foods been eaten and the offield incident dag is long gone.

This from the global media organisation that gave the world phone tapping on unsuspecting people,and cared zilch for contracts so introduced Super league, that has senior Fox execs involved in sexual harassment.Yep the fountain of everything that is good in society LOL.

Springs09

Juniors
I must be in the minority.... I couldn't give a shit of Dugan gets kicked out of an RSL.

You are when it comes to the general population.

Most rugby league fans don't give a shit about insignificant gossip. The general public who gossip about celebrities and watch asinine reality TV shows are where the hits come from.