What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Philips Kangaroo logo

legend

Coach
Hi guys, can anyone give me a link to any articles or websites that have the current Philips Kangaroo tour logo on it? I can't find it anywhere.

Cheers.

yakstorm

First Grade
AustralianKangaroos.jpg

I think this is a really good logo, but I wish they wouldn't change it all the freakin time.

Also, why do our rep teams have so many damn logos.

Kangaroos: The ARL logo, the Australian coat of arms, the ARL coat of arms (the roos and the trophy one) and the Philips one. JUST PICK ONE AND STICK WITH IT. We have had the same jersey for 70 odd years and yet we actually change it every year by changing logos all the time.

Many other rep teams have similar problems, it just makes the game look a bit silly IMO.

Parra_Eels

Bench
the sponsors logos haven't been noticiable on the jersey though. i thought the striped jersey we had this year looked awful

Jeffles

Bench
I loved the stripes. Heritage and a good look too.

And they had Philips across the back and on the front (right breast). Better that then having your jersey massacred by a big logo across the front and centre. The ARL have a good compromise. Sponcors will endear more to the Kangaroos if they let the logos appear as they do on the playing jerseys, on jerseys they sell.

griff

Bench
I actually think the new Kangaroos logo is pretty bad.

Logos should be very simple, stylised and not have too much intricate detail. They need to be visible even when the logo is produced at a small size. If possible, they need to be re-producable in black and white as well as colour.

Compare the Kangaroo on this logo to the Qantas logo for example. Or look at Yakstorm's excellent WIRLF logo. Simple, clean, elegant.

This one is way too complex, and looks a bit dated. The blue Philips logo doesn't help but the problems are deeper than that.

It's an excellent idea to include the twin Gold Vees, but why do they have to be curved? They even do it on the Kangaroos jersey now and it just looks crap.

I think you could include the three design elements of a football, a kangaroo and gold vees in a way that doesn't include a badly drawn kangaroo and crap looking text.

Mystery Man

Juniors
griff said:
It's an excellent idea to include the twin Gold Vees, but why do they have to be curved? They even do it on the Kangaroos jersey now and it just looks crap.

They don't actually have curved vees on the jersey. Instead of the vee going up to the shoulders as it always did in the past, it was changed, a few years ago, so that it goes out to the sleeves.

I do agree, though, that it looks crap, as do the unnecessary ARL logos on the collar.