What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

phill gould GET HIM OFF 9

AdamH

Juniors
yeah I agree. I notice, he made a similar comment regarding Mini's high shot on J.Smith last week.

Pretty poor sportsmanship, although it seems he was right...but still

xwizit

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
This coverage is a joke.

"One of the best wins in the club's history"

"The Roosters are back"

"They may very well be headed to the grand final again"

I don't think they could've praised the Roosters any harder... and while it was a good win... fair dinkum, they were pretty average. Yeah I know they only had 12 men but Canterbury's incompetence won them that match more than anything else.

whilst i agree the comments made by gould were a joke, saying canterburys incompetence won easts the match makes you a bigger joke.

jk

but honestly, they played good in patches, but wether roosters are "back" or not is still in doubt. gf again? no way. not like this. not yet anyway.

Kaz

junior
In QLD we don't get to hear Gould when they are showing the Broncos or Cowboys games.

Ratings used to go down when he was on, so Channel 9 banned him from calling QLD games.

Plus I think he used to scare the kids.

Kid

Juniors
Riddell said:
ok yeh people we get it - gould sucks and he is insanely biased towards the roosters. but the point is we all love bagging the sh*t outta him every week and its stupide creating a thread each week just so we can rant on about him
Basically what i was trying to say earlier and got called "stupid " for. There are some sharp people on here :roll:

Eddie.

Bench
Look Gould should not commentate Roosters game.

Why? because he is passionate about them, as he said after the game "i cant help it i get so excited when the Roosters win".

Hes passionate about them, its not a crime.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
I turned the sound off he really hit an all time high with his one eyed crap tonight. I hope seven gets the coverage next time.

TigerMo

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Gould is a cat
assumes he knows everything
and his bias to the roosters in these situations is hysterical
he sonded like he wante dto fight sterlo there on that bulldogs no try

Tell me how and why the f*** Phil Gould is a 'cat'? You don't even know wtf you're on about. :roll:

BD5733

Juniors
What about Gould questioning Sterlo on wether Anastas foot was off the ground or not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"It was 2 feet in the air. THATS how I could tell Gus" is what Sterlo should have said.

weasel

First Grade
When Gould was saying Anasta was off-side before they disallowed that try, I thought he'd finally given up on trying to even pretend he wasn't biased towards the roosters, and was allowing himself to be completely blind to the bleeding obvious. I couldn't believe it when it came up no try. :S

msjd

Juniors
Gould is a Wanker. Get him outa there he is the biggest biast basted ive ever seen. Get that twig off 9. Doesnt praise anyone but his so called Allmight Roosters.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
msjd said:
Gould is a Wanker. Get him outa there he is the biggest biast basted ive ever seen. Get that twig off 9. Doesnt praise anyone but his so called Allmight Roosters.

in fairness he always praises alot of the less fancied . He is a big fan of Souths , Tigers & Cowboys i believe....unless there playing easts

Kid

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
msjd said:

in fairness he always praises alot of the less fancied . He is a big fan of Souths , Tigers & Cowboys i believe....unless there playing easts
Finally someone is 3/4 of the way to telling some truth. I often wonder, is it Phil Gould that shits people, or the fact the Roosters have been successful with someone to ram that point home?

P.S i only go for the Tiges so it has never bothered me before.

rugged

Juniors
Did you hear Gould say some comment about "he gets three times that amount", talking about someone in the Roosters' salary. Was supposed to be a joke I think. /Then Sterling said something like "that's what the reports are in the media" or "just because he's with the Roosters".

I hate looking at Phil Gould. I hate listening to Phil Gould. The only time I want to see him is on Origin night so I feel justified in hating NSW as much as I do.

Kid

Juniors
rugged said:
Did you hear Gould say some comment about "he gets three times that amount", talking about someone's in the Roosters' salary. Was supposed to be a joke I think. /Then Sterling said something like "that's what the reports are in the media" or "just because he's with the Roosters".

I hate looking at Phil Gould. I hate listening to Phil Gould. The only time I want to see him is on Origin night so I feel justified in hating NSW as much as I do.
Thats fair. I feel a change in the air from NSW supporters towards QLD to cause the youngins have no idea about the GRASSHOPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My God we have let our youth down. I didn't realise it till i saw you pic :shock:

Eddie.

Bench
I think it is jealousy from some people in there attitude towards Gould.

He mentioned Sherwin and Anastas brilliant kicking game, he said Omealy had a wow of a game and in general he provides more expert analysis then the whole team put together. If you listened to him last week he sounded passionate about Souths performance, hes passionate about the game, all the other commentators sounded half asleep. After the tigers beat the Roosters he wrote a whole article praising the Tigers enourmously, not a bad word mentioned (unlike Stuart who blamed the ref for the loss)

Sure he is bias towards the roosters, he is employed by them, he coached them for how many years, hes passionate about them.

Anasta was off side by the way.

Just my view.