What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phillip Hughes has passed away at the age of 25

jargan83

Coach
Does anyone know if any of the networks are streaming it online? I was hoping to sneak out to head down to WACA to watch it but not sure of my chances.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Does anyone know if any of the networks are streaming it online? I was hoping to sneak out to head down to WACA to watch it but not sure of my chances.

Cricket Australia are streaming it on their app, download the app. Pretty sure ABC will stream it online as well.

alien

Referee
Permanent tributes to Phil Hughes considered at Homebush Boys High School and Pratten Park
ROHAN SMITH INNER WEST COURIER INNER CITY DECEMBER 02, 2014 12:01PM

964598-17bd431a-75f9-11e4-a01a-e7f605dc0c99.jpg

Phillip Hughes will be remembered at Pratten Park and HBHS. Picture: Ryan Pierse

SILENCE is about all that comes close to doing justice to the passing of one of the inner west’s favourite sporting sons. Words don’t seem to say enough.

Homebush Boys High School, where Phil Hughes completed Year 12, held a minute’s silence, as did local cricketers before the weekend’s contest at Concord.

Black arm bands were wrapped around players’ whites in a symbol of one of cricket’s most promising young players taken far too soon.

Around Australia and around the world tributes flowed in for Hughes who died on Thursday from injuries sustained when a ball snuck under the guard at the back of his helmet at the SCG two days earlier.

964624-9a4fc572-777b-11e4-9714-a6c54bb33492.jpg

Players from Yaralla Cricket Club and Beavers Cricket Club hold a minutes silence for Phil Hughes before their game at Goddard Park, Concord. Picture: Craig Wilson

965616-9c6e7c68-777b-11e4-9714-a6c54bb33492.jpg

A tribute was left on the oval at Concord. Picture: Craig Wilson

PHIL HUGHES REMEMBERED BY HIS SCHOOL, FORMER CLUB

Wests Ashfield, where Hughes played grade cricket before stints with NSW, South Australia and the Australian Test side, released a statement about the “polite, unassuming boy” who moved from the NSW north coast to follow his cricketing dream.

“The board, management and staff of Wests Ashfield Leagues have been deeply saddened by the terrible accident,” the statement read.

“As an aspiring young cricketer with Wests, Phil (worked) in the club’s stores department for a period in 2006.

“Phil was enormously popular with his work colleagues who gained great satisfaction in watching his subsequent heroics at Pura Cup and ultimately Test level.”

964678-440d678c-76c2-11e4-818e-b148cac61bb9.jpg

The Homebush Boys High School cricket side in 2006 with Phil Hughes centre.

Club president Dave Gilbert said he would hold talks with Ashfield Council about a permanent tribute at Pratten Park.

Staff at HBHS said Hughes was a role model for other students and a joy to be around.

“He came here with a plan (in 2006) and he trained hard,” Principal Tim Jurd said.

“He made friends very quickly because, as a country boy, he came in with a very easy going attitude.

“Even though he was only here for a year, we’ve all been profoundly affected by him.”

Mr Jurd said the school would establish a permanent tribute to his memory.

Hughes will be remembered at a funeral in his hometown of Macksville on Wednesday.

Two large screens will be set up to cater to the expected overflow of wellwishers.

964732-2219714c-76b9-11e4-818e-b148cac61bb9.jpg

Phil Hughes playing a shot for Wests Ashfield.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...and-pratten-park/story-fngr8h4f-1227141964758

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

ABC are also broadcasting it live and everything the ABC broadcasts is available from ABC Online form their website.

Better get in quick before Uncle Tone slashes their budgets again.

some11

Referee
Bit weird watching a funeral for someone you don't personally know but it's whats needed for everyone to say goodbye and move forward.

Timbo

Staff member
It's being covered on six channels, says how much people cared about the young man.

It's so strange, I didn't know him personally or anything but I was leaking like a tap during the entrance procession.

This is just so awful on every level.

skeepe

Immortal
I never really get upset when famous people I don't know die. Never. I feel a little sympathy for those that knew them, but otherwise it doesn't affect me.

So the fact that I've just stopped sobbing uncontrollably is a new one for me, affecting me in ways no death other than those of people in my immediate family haveZ

So, so sad.

Danish

Referee
His family are solid as rocks when talking. Honestly very impressive to be able to hold it together so well when speaking at a funeral