What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phillip Hughes has passed away at the age of 25

Danish

Referee
Anyone know what the go is with all the ties the cricketers are wearing?

They have a little emblem embroidered on them. Don't look like an aussie team tie, almost like a school tie or something.

ellskimore

Juniors
Still can't believe all this has happened. :(

I feel exactly the same way. It just doesn't feel real. Seeing the videos of him laughing and enjoying his time with the players and then the camera panning back to those same players in tears really hit home for me. It was a wonderful tribute to him today with some amazing stories shared.

chigurh

I never really get upset when famous people I don't know die. Never. I feel a little sympathy for those that knew them, but otherwise it doesn't affect me.

So the fact that I've just stopped sobbing uncontrollably is a new one for me, affecting me in ways no death other than those of people in my immediate family haveZ

So, so sad.

Yeah, came in to post the same thoughts. Still haven't got my head around the fact that he is actually gone.

RIP Phillip

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good service and now we can do what Phillip would have wanted- hug your family tonight. Remember that everyone you never know when your time is up

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tony Abbott waving at the crowd, didn't know this was a photo opportunity dickhead :?

No one else was waving, what a merkin.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It was a beautiful funeral. I got tears at Forever Young and Clarke's speech. Clarke has shown in the last week what a top class bloke he is. He has always been harshly compared to Border and Waugh but this puts him up there in that category as a leader of men and an inspiration in the toughest of times.

Last edited:

mattyg

Bench
Was tearing up massively when his family and Clarke were talking. James Sutherland has done a great job throughout all of this and deserves to be given credit. Looking forward to the first test. I dare say that Clarke will be doing whatever he can to get out there and if he was to get a century it would be something quite special I think. Almost considering taking Tuesday off work to fly down to Adelaide for it..

magpie4ever

First Grade
So very, very sad. If you didn't feel your heart breaking when you see the grief of his family (especially, his poor mum) you are not human,

Well done Mick (great speech), Les and Deb would be more proud of you today than at any time during your great cricketing career.