What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone taps put Sharks under pressure

Isurus

Juniors
Newman - its just specualtion based on the fact that they haven't laid charges yet. I have no experience in this area, but it would seem common sense that if there was irrefutable evidence of doping against players, the players in question and the NRL would have been advised as soon as this evidence came to hand?

As for the the staff being sacked/stood down, yes it does make alarm bells ring, but again, the lack of any evidence supporting their sackings makes us all question what they really have. Combined with the fact that at the time it felt like it was just a board in damage control who were protecting their own self interest.

As I said before it may well be just wishful thinking and the majority of us not wanting to believe that our players have done anything wrong.

millersnose

Post Whore
Why does everybody believe they have no evidence, or the evidence they do have is weak?

Genuine question.

On the one hand no one has been charged

Imagine the uproar if asada had evidence of drug cheats and didn't act

If I was the good coast I would sue them

Ditto for any other club that lost while having to play against drug cheats and losing

Imagine if they sat on conclusive evidence during an Olympics while drug cheats won a pile of heats

ThIs in itself is not evidence they have"nothing"

On the other hand we know they have sqeelers and that irvine was convinced of players guilt yet in the interview he said he hadn't seen the evidence

It's not compelling either way

newman

First Grade
On the one hand no one has been charged

Imagine the uproar if asada had evidence of drug cheats and didn't act

If I was the good coast I would sue them

Ditto for any other club that lost while having to play against drug cheats and losing

Imagine if they sat on conclusive evidence during an Olympics while drug cheats won a pile of heats

ThIs in itself is not evidence they have"nothing"

On the other hand we know they have sqeelers and that irvine was convinced of players guilt yet in the interview he said he hadn't seen the evidence

It's not compelling either way

I see, and thats interesting about allowing players to play on.

I just cant believe that the board would take such drastic action without a very good reason to do so. Up until this point we all thought that they were capable and competent. I cant see them becoming incompetent hacks overnight.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Why does everybody believe they have no evidence, or the evidence they do have is weak?

Genuine question.

My logic, ill informed as it may be.

ASADA/ACC have been investigating this for a long time.

Whatever evidence they have, I therefore assume they have had for some time.

I also assume they are not confident at this stage it will hold up, otherwise players would have been charged already.

I do not much new evidence presenting itself.

Therefore the evidence they have is not strong. I dont doubt they have some evidence and some players may be in a bit of trouble, but how many? Who the f**k knows, I doubt it will be 14.

Just please dont be Gal or Graham!

Surely

Post Whore

I just cant believe that the board would take such drastic action without a very good reason to do so. Up until this point we all thought that they were capable and competent. I cant see them becoming incompetent hacks overnight.

Maybe the boards concern was covering the clubs arse, didn't this all blow up when they asked players to sign away their right to take legal action ?

carcharias

Immortal
I would think they would save club first
Then all else dead last.

Players come and go ... Like bitches.

The longer this drags on with ASADA less chance of anyone being charged, or even those players being at the club remember, half the squad from 2011 have already gone, if nothing comes about by end of this season.

1. The ASADA investigation will be stopped by Tony
2. You would say another 7 of the squad will have moved on, so come 2014 might only be 6 players left at club.

The sand through the hour glass and this is days of our lives

PHaTMaN

Juniors

People do funny things when they get scared.

If ASADA has convinced them there is even half a chance that the players will get done and sue the club (and the directors be personally liable) then the board may have shat themselves and panicked.

A lot of smart and sensible people have done very dumb things under pressure.

Last edited:

Stinkler

Juniors
My concern is that the board acted after being shown evidence by the ACC, not ASADA.

The ugly bitch said that sacking Flanno and co was not due to the ASADA investigation. They may have been briefed by the ACC, but bound to secrecy. They could still act on what they have been told.

THAT is my concern.

We can only speculate I guess.

What I find ridiculous is this simple point...

If they have phone taps, credit card receipts and whistle blowers, why is there any speculation, why is there pressure being applied, why did our Stalinist government make announcements, why didn't ASADA just issue their report on specific players to issue bans.

This has been handled disgracefully and clearly with the main purpose to get someone, anyone to link them to other people of interest.

Destroy clubs and careers along the way.

I had really switched off from all the political crap in this country, however I for one intend to return the favour and be one vote to have the worst PM this country has seen, out of her job too!

ACC have intelligence linking players with legal substances
ACC passess intelligence to ASADA
ASADA has an issue - have players used the legal substances in a way which contravenes their rules?
ASADA drug testing has no positives to prove this
ASADA needs either a whistleblower or a confession from a player
If it is a whistleblower, will that person's evidence stand up in court?
If it does, can it be substantiated that the player took it knowingly?
If it is a player, did the player know what was being taken, was it provided by an individual or by a club employee in ignorance of other club employees and/or the Board and/or was it part of a systemic doping policy?
If it wasn't deliberate, did it really contravene ASADA rules?
When the legal substance was allegedly taken, was it before or after the substance was specifically added to the ASADA banned substance list?
PROVE IT....!

spider

Coach
Obviously something was substantiated to the board in light of them sacking 4 and standing down 1

They would have been briefed on ACC evidence, not ASADA evidence

Obvioulsy weighty enough for proof - Hence the reaction

And i certainly believe something was of weight for the ex-chairman to make the equine statements to a journalist and then make the admission he made them

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Obviously something was substantiated to the board in light of them sacking 4 and standing down 1

They would have been briefed on ACC evidence, not ASADA evidence

If that is the case, the players are home free. IF anybody in ay organisation whether it be the Sharks, the firebrigade, the NSW police, anything. If there is 1 bit of information that has been gathered that is now departmental or public knowledge, its OVER> COMPLETELY & utterly OVER. The entire investigation, on all levels.

spider

Coach
Well reef, what was it that forced the boards hand, let alone the statements Irvine made.

They could have sat back and zipped up, but they didnt.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well reef, what was it that forced the boards hand, let alone the statements Irvine made.

They could have sat back and zipped up, but they didnt.
The internal investigations carried out by teh lefty government working cuties Dr Who's wife & Oprahs husband.
If there is anything abot any player been handed to the board about phone tapps , credit card receipts etc then the ACC investigation is poisoned & inadmissable.
What is likely to be reality is the investigations has got Zero. Big fat Zero that can pieced together into a winnable court case.
Part of tha tprocedure is to create rumours through the media. The investigation then listens in to the "noise" (T. Copyright ).

spider

Coach
So do you think the clubs investigation turned up enough evidence to sack 4, but the ACC have zero?

Latest posts