What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone taps put Sharks under pressure

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Right or wrong

No action has incriminated the sharks more than sacking and declaration of horse drug use by the board

And if that is the means by which asada gets their pound of flesh the board members of the time will go down in history as the definitive reason why you don't elect fan club amatuers to run your club
In fairness, it was better than the debt accumulating "professionals" that took the club to its knees prior.. Its all well & good to say dont elect them, but did you see the alternatives? I think there were 3 others, & none had more crdentials than those that were elected.
In fact I think the initial broomstick board was a good one.We had those 2 women on their that were well connected in the banking & finance industry. Ricky Surace who was running a multi million dollar business. Plus the others whos names escape me that more than made up for the less well equipped on the board. Those people voted Irvine in as chairman
The simple undeniable fact Millers is that if that board had not have been elected, the previous board would have killed the club within a year. Every strategy on every level of the business was wrong & wasteful.
Having said that, the current situation has mae their roles untenable & they all should resign, especially kerr. None of them should be allowed to run again at these next elections & wait unti lthe next lot of elections to contest a seat again.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
In fairness, it was better than the debt accumulating "professionals" that took the club to its knees prior.. Its all well & good to say dont elect them, but did you see the alternatives? I think there were 3 others, & none had more crdentials than those that were elected.
In fact I think the initial broomstick board was a good one.We had those 2 women on their that were well connected in the banking & finance industry. Ricky Surace who was running a multi million dollar business. Plus the others whos names escape me that more than made up for the less well equipped on the board. Those people voted Irvine in as chairman
The simple undeniable fact Millers is that if that board had not have been elected, the previous board would have killed the club within a year. Every strategy on every level of the business was wrong & wasteful.
Having said that, the current situation has mae their roles untenable & they all should resign, especially kerr. None of them should be allowed to run again at these next elections & wait unti lthe next lot of elections to contest a seat again.

I can guarantee Kerr doesn't have the support of the entire current board. There is some level of division there.

And I can guarantee he doesn't have the support of many of the people considering running in the election next month. Many of these people have questioned his handling of the situation.

Surely

Post Whore
Is every Sharks fan as far to the right as Attila the Hun? ffs.

Well if you mean would we like the players to suffer the burden of proving innocence as proposed by govt legislation then yeah we are to the right, except for a couple of lemmings.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
Is every Sharks fan as far to the right as Attila the Hun? ffs.

I personally haven't ever voted for the Liberal Party in the past, although I think the Labour Party is now a bit of a relic and a poor representative of left wing (whatever that actually means) political sentiment.

But these proposed changes to ASADA's powers, and in my opinion the entire process, is hardly consistent with left wing ideology. Even the Greens opposed it ffs!

This is not as much about ideology as it is about incompetence imo

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Well if you mean would we like the players to suffer the burden of proving innocence as proposed by govt legislation then yeah we are to the right, except for a couple of lemmings.

Hey, you are the guy who bangs on about giving the police more power. ASADA are the police force for drug use in sport.

Try and understand what it is that you are advocating for in general. I'm surprised you don't want the perpetrators tasered.

Last edited:
Hey, you are the guy who bangs on about giving the police more power. ASADA are the police force for drug use in sport.

Try and understand what it is that you are advocating. I'm surprised you don't want the perpetrators tasered.

It would make my day if you were tasered! For hours

Spot On

Coach
Credit card receipts and recorded phone conversations ]

I can believe players would talk over the phone re all sorts of things - although they should know better - but credit card receipts???? Surely they are not that f**king dumb to purchase stuff they shouldn't have and leave a paper trail. Surely.

bubs

Juniors
Wasn't that Gazelle bloke and Dank working for a sports science company off the web?? Theres your credit card receipts and tracking.

webShark

I can believe players would talk over the phone re all sorts of things - although they should know better - but credit card receipts???? Surely they are not that f**king dumb to purchase stuff they shouldn't have and leave a paper trail. Surely.

Exactly what I thought. All 14 of them cant be that dumb. They can only have believed they were legal. Footballers aren't like us common folk. They don't think you need a passport to go to NZ. Are we going to use the 'we are stupid ' defence? Oscar Pretorious is claiming innocence too. Spare me.

Last edited:

Surely

Post Whore

Try and understand what it is that you are advocating for in general. I'm surprised you don't want the perpetrators tasered.

I'd rather then tasered than suspended.

But anyway where have I advocated a person should have to prove his innocence.

Surely

Post Whore

If you believed what you were taking was a legal supplement why wouldn't you use your credit card.

Madsharkie

First Grade

Unless... They didn't know/think they were illegal supplements at the time.

kmav23

Juniors

Lol these are footballers
Some struggle to talk.
They are not paid for their brains.

webShark

Should have clubbed together and asked for a bulk purchase discount. The stupid defence is fine until it comes to needles.

Latest posts