What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick the scores

skeepe

Immortal
dodge said:
No.

Newcastle were injury-plagued rounds 1-14.

Canberra were injury-plagued rounds 12-26.

Canterbury were injury-plagued rounds 1-26.

Wake up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you actually pay attention to any teams other than your own? Both Canberra and Newcastle had injury lists over 10 all year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
skeepe said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you actually pay attention to any teams other than your own? Both Canberra and Newcastle had injury lists over 10 all year.

Canberra performed above and beyond in the first half of the season, then fell away with bad form and an increased injury toll.

Canberra Round 6, 2005, Casualty Ward:
R O'Hara, A Rothery, D Alley-Tovio, M Hodgson, T Martin, N Smith

6 does not = 10

Add to that, how many of those were internationals?

Newcastle started horribly and were struck down moreso in the early part of the season. They recovered with less injuries in the back end of the year and as such got back on their feet with 8 wins all up.

Newcastle Knights Round 24, 2005, Casualty Ward:
M Hughes, M Gidley, K Reynoldson, D Abraham

One former international. 4 does not = 10.

In the periods stated, injuries were a viable excuse for the teams to perform poorly yes.

The Bulldogs had an international representative on the sideline every week, and at times, anywhere up to five of them off the park. Add to that, the second graders that had already been blooded in late 04/early 05 had been injured already. We did superbly well for the first 20 weeks but after losing Magic, Patts, Sherwin, never having SBW for more than 5 minutes, and of course Tonga for most of the year, what do you expect? I've come here giving you names of players that spent long periods in the stands - you've offered nothing from Canberra's end.

Just f**king accept it!

RABK

Referee
Do they mention the 10 or so regulars or back ups that were injured for the Knights and Canberra? No.

If you want me to in depth to prove you wrong i will.

Timmah

Staff member
Red and Blue Knight said:
Do they mention the 10 or so regulars or back ups that were injured for the Knights and Canberra? No.

If you want me to in depth to prove you wrong i will.

Are you f**king denying we had no injury problems?

Tool!

RABK

Referee
No i'm not. Just getting you're head around the fact that Knights and Canberra had a far worse Injury toll. Numbers and Quality wise.

Johns and Smith been out for our sides for the 8 or so weeks was like you going without all your internationals for 10 weeks.

That's how important they are to our sides.

cookie36

Juniors
I thought this was about picking the scores for next years first round?

Knights v Eels 10-24
Rabbitohs v Roosters 12-32
Sea Eagles v Raiders 24-12
Broncos v Cowboys 12-14
Warriors v Storm 6-24
Tigers v Dragons 8-32
Bulldogs v Panthers 32-24

Timmah

Staff member
Red and Blue Knight said:
No i'm not. Just getting you're head around the fact that Knights and Canberra had a far worse Injury toll. Numbers and Quality wise.

Johns and Smith been out for our sides for the 8 or so weeks was like you going without all your internationals for 10 weeks.

That's how important they are to our sides.

Worse? :lol: On par at best.

Only two of our players were on field all season:

Jamaal Lolesi, Tony Grimaldi. Canberra had one in Lincoln Withers, Newcastle one in Reegan Tanner.

For Newcastle, Johns was 8th in appearances for the club, with 16 games. For Canberra, Smith appeared 19 times, 7th in appearances.

For Canterbury:
SBW appeared 5 times (inc twice off the bench)
Willie Mason appeared 9 times (inc twice off the bench)
Willie Tonga appeared 8 times
Mark O'Meley 14
Luke Patten 16
That's Johns.
El Masri 18
Sherwin 19
Now, we're up to the opposition big name in Jason Smith.

Johns missed 8 games, Smith 5. 13 appearances missed between them vs 83 missed appearances.

You were saying?

RABK

Referee
Yes but there match winners. Only SBW is near them.

Johns and Smith are the two best players in the world. Name all the overated internationals you want...you can't win.

And who's to say Clint Newton missing for 8 games this year wasn't as bad as Mason missing 15 for you? Heck on form Mason isn't fit to wipe Newtons boots.

Timmah

Staff member
In your opinion... deal with it.

In terms of injuries, Canterbury had either a worse toll, or even with that of Canberra and Newcastle.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Round 1 - 2006
Knights 16 - 34 Eels
Rabbitohs 28 - 24 Roosters
Sea Eagles 28 - 10 Raiders
Broncos 20 - 36 Cowboys
Warriors 32 - 16 Storm
Tigers 22 - 20 Dragons
Bulldogs 20 - 26 Panthers
Sharks BYE

Jono078

Referee
Thanks for the bump effnic, I wasnt sure if a thread existed and was about to make one.

So far i'll stick with my predictions :).

effnic

Bench
Jono078 said:
Round 1 - 2006
Knights 25 - 18 Eels
Rabbitohs 20 - 22 Roosters
Sea Eagles 32 - 24 Raiders :D
Broncos 18 - 14 Cowboys
Warriors 16 - 28 Storm
Tigers 20 - 16 Dragons
Bulldogs 20 - 14 Panthers
Sharks BYE
Im liking your predictions already lol.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Round 1 - 2006
Knights 10 - 22 Eels (Parra start slow so I'm kinda expecting a loss but just can't bring myself to actually tip it)
Rabbitohs 26 - 20 Roosters (Souths always go well in the opening 5 rounds then....)
Sea Eagles 18 - 12 Raiders
Broncos 23 - 19 Cowboys (19 all at full time goes to golden point)
Warriors 24 - 12 Storm
Tigers 28 - 16 Dragons
Bulldogs 32 - 30 Panthers

effnic

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
Round 1 - 2006
Knights 10 - 22 Eels (Parra start slow so I'm kinda expecting a loss but just can't bring myself to actually tip it)
Rabbitohs 26 - 20 Roosters (Souths always go well in the opening 5 rounds then....)
Sea Eagles 18 - 12 Raiders
Broncos 23 - 19 Cowboys (19 all at full time goes to golden point)
Warriors 24 - 12 Storm
Tigers 28 - 16 Dragons
Bulldogs 32 - 30 Panthers
For some reason reading that one in particular gave me heart flutters i just pictured the closness of the game and could wait to get this DAMN OFF SEASON OVER WITH.

choc_soldier

Coach
dodge said:
Watch the credibility - he thinks Penrith will put 34 on us.

Quite credible - we still have the attack to pile on the points. Whether or not we can turn it on is another thing.

Personally, any win will do. :)

Hurriflatch

Referee
dodge said:
Worse? :lol: On par at best.

Only two of our players were on field all season:

Jamaal Lolesi, Tony Grimaldi. Canberra had one in Lincoln Withers, Newcastle one in Reegan Tanner.

For Newcastle, Johns was 8th in appearances for the club, with 16 games. For Canberra, Smith appeared 19 times, 7th in appearances.

For Canterbury:
SBW appeared 5 times (inc twice off the bench)
Willie Mason appeared 9 times (inc twice off the bench)
Willie Tonga appeared 8 times
Mark O'Meley 14
Luke Patten 16
That's Johns.
El Masri 18
Sherwin 19
Now, we're up to the opposition big name in Jason Smith.

Johns missed 8 games, Smith 5. 13 appearances missed between them vs 83 missed appearances.

You were saying?

Yeah and it 2004 the Dogs had basically zero injuries and those they did have were easily covered.

and in 2003 - Hindamrsh missed 14 games and Cayless missed 15 games and others if I could be bothered looking it up
2002 - Lyon missed 12 games and others
2004 - CAyless only played 8 games, Vaealiki 8, Lyon 1 plus others

The point is all teams go through bad season(s) with injuries so get over it (Raiders, Knights, Dogs fans whoever)

Latest posts