What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick the scores

skeepe

Immortal
Why not? The Eels and Tigers both put 50 on you and not a lot has changed in the team, except for the loss of Lolesi and Anasta.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
skeepe said:
Why not? The Eels and Tigers both put 50 on you and not a lot has changed in the team, except for the loss of Lolesi and Anasta.

:|

That team was missing Hazem El Masri, Brent Sherwin, Sonny Bill Williams, Luke Patten plus about 10 reserve graders who normally would cover those spots sufficiently.

effnic

Bench
dodge said:

That team was missing Hazem El Masri, Brent Sherwin, Sonny Bill Williams, Luke Patten plus about 10 reserve graders who normally would cover those spots sufficiently.
i think the nrl world is sick of hearing that.

effnic

Bench
We did better than what every manly fan thought we would do no excuses at all we had a good year.

skeepe

Immortal
dodge said:

Cry me a river. The Raiders had many more players out yet still managed to remain competitive apart from round 25 against the Eels, although even then we were competitve for half the match.

The Bulldogs' lack of heart would be a huge worry if I were a supporter.

Timmah

Staff member
skeepe said:
Cry me a river. The Raiders had many more players out yet still managed to remain competitive apart from round 25 against the Eels, although even then we were competitve for half the match.

We remained competitive until Round 20 despite our injuries ALL YEAR, not just in the back end.

Oh, and Canberra remained competitive?

ROUND 6
1. Canberra -- 12pts

FINAL LADDER

14. Canberra -- 22pts

skeepe

Immortal
You know what I mean by competitive you pillock. I mean we at least put an effort in. We beat the minor premiers at home, and came close to the premiers and runners up. Conversely, the dogs didn't even show up to most matches. Yes the result is the same, but you can't question the heart of the Raiders players. The same cannot be said for the Bulldogs.

Parra Guru

Coach
Knights v Eels 18-19
Rabbitohs v Roosters 18-8
Sea Eagles v Raiders 44-20
Broncos v Cowboys 16-18
Warriors v Storm 22-30
Sharks BYE
Tigers v Dragons 24-26
Bulldogs v Panthers 12-16

RABK

Referee
Knights v Eels 26-12
Rabbitohs v Roosters 12-16
Sea Eagles v Raiders 44-6
Broncos v Cowboys 10-12
Warriors v Storm 22-20
Tigers v Dragons 12-16
Bulldogs v Panthers 10-24

Timmah

Staff member
skeepe said:
You know what I mean by competitive you pillock. I mean we at least put an effort in. We beat the minor premiers at home, and came close to the premiers and runners up. Conversely, the dogs didn't even show up to most matches. Yes the result is the same, but you can't question the heart of the Raiders players. The same cannot be said for the Bulldogs.

29-22 victory over the frontrunners in Round 20, and earlier in the season defeating Parramatta, coming within 60 seconds of beating Brisbane the first time, defeats of Melbourne, the list goes on. A six week period where we started OK and fell away in most games isn't a "club crisis" like you make it out to be. Missing a chunk of playmakers in the arse end of the season is a bit different to lacking some forwards in the early parts. Patten, El Masri, Tonga, Sherwin, Williams and Utai all missing at some point in the final six weeks, playing with a sub-standard backline that was given one game to gel before being reshuffled?

Give me a break. We did superbly well under the circumstances for the first 20 weeks. Again, you go for perennial bottom-feeders and you have the hide to criticise my club?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Knights v Eels -32-24
Rabbitohs v Roosters 18-25
Sea Eagles v Raiders 20-30
Broncos v Cowboys 14-12
Warriors v Storm 24-20
Tigers v Dragons 18-26
Bulldogs v Panthers 6-42

Timmah

Staff member
Red and Blue Knight said:
Bye vs Covell

Bye 40
Covell 2

:lol:

Giving Covell a little too much credit there methinks

skeepe

Immortal
dodge said:
29-22 victory over the frontrunners in Round 20, and earlier in the season defeating Parramatta, coming within 60 seconds of beating Brisbane the first time, defeats of Melbourne, the list goes on. A six week period where we started OK and fell away in most games isn't a "club crisis" like you make it out to be. Missing a chunk of playmakers in the arse end of the season is a bit different to lacking some forwards in the early parts. Patten, El Masri, Tonga, Sherwin, Williams and Utai all missing at some point in the final six weeks, playing with a sub-standard backline that was given one game to gel before being reshuffled?

Give me a break. We did superbly well under the circumstances for the first 20 weeks. Again, you go for perennial bottom-feeders and you have the hide to criticise my club?

Absolutely I do. Premiers to 12th in 12 months, the stats do not lie. Need I remind you that your "glorious" club only finished 1 point ahead of my "perennial bottom-feeders"? And only 3 points away from the spoon?

Timmah

Staff member
skeepe said:
Absolutely I do. Premiers to 12th in 12 months, the stats do not lie. Need I remind you that your "glorious" club only finished 1 point ahead of my "perennial bottom-feeders"? And only 3 points away from the spoon?

Need I remind you we've gone closer than you on more occasions since the 1994 premiership? You lot spiked in 2000 but have offered nothing for almost ten seasons. We've been in three Grand Finals and won two since.

You've still ignored the huge injury toll.

skeepe

Immortal
Who cares about injuries? If you want to blame injuries, then the Knights and the Raiders have more of a case than your pathetic excuse for a team.

Timmah

Staff member
skeepe said:
Who cares about injuries? If you want to blame injuries, then the Knights and the Raiders have more of a case than your pathetic excuse for a team.

No.

Newcastle were injury-plagued rounds 1-14.

Canberra were injury-plagued rounds 12-26.

Canterbury were injury-plagued rounds 1-26.

Wake up.