What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick your core NSW side to build around

Spot On

Coach
Campese showed form about two years ago. Pretty much zip since. His running game, which made him look like a star, is gone.

Noa

First Grade
1. Hayne -
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
13. Greg Bird - Id play Lewis in the 2nd row, does his best work on the edges anyway
9. Farah

Play them together for 5 or 6 games in a row and NSW might be a chance come 2012.

joseph1

Juniors
Bit of a pity brian smith has taken half a season to put carney at 5/8. We havent got to see him play there yet. He and pearce could be great together.

Geohood

Bench
I would chuck Carney in at 6 anyway.... we know his ability and he has been great at times when jumping in the 6/7 position this year during games, and itll be a pick for the future anyway. People who saw him and Pearce together in the halves at times during the trials said they had a great combo and excited seeing him at 6 if Smith played him here this year.

Could have Soward on the bench if we can find a way to reshuffle a bit for his speed near half time.

Last edited:

timka4

Bench
Campese showed form about two years ago. Pretty much zip since. His running game, which made him look like a star, is gone.

Yeah that is the problem with his performances so far this season. But the thing is that at the moment. Canberra are playing him at first receiver, with McCrone as second receiver. Campese is finding himself doing the majority of the ball playing and organising, rather than playing more of a running roll a little wider out.

Whether or not his old form will re appear given the right half back and being able to play his natural game out wide is yet too be seen.

First game of 2009 didn't count, with the sh*t ball he was getting

maple_69

Bench
Hayne is still to prove himself as our long term option. I'd prefer his and Coote's style over Dugan's given our playmaking struggles.
Put him and Lewis in the 1. and 13. and you take a lot of pressure off 6. and 7.
With that in mind I'd have Pearce and Soward in the halves. Buddy Lewis with Soward in defence ala Lockyer/Carroll and we have good organisation, kicking, running and passing games in their.

gronkathon

First Grade
Ennis is a lock on the 9 jersey whilst ever Bellamy & Daley have anything to do with Origin.

Just get used to it people

adamkungl

Immortal
Another strong game by Pearce today, got the 2 points on LU. Would have got 3 if we didn't f**king lose

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Merritt
6. Walsh
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Farah (C)
10. Weyman
11. Heighington
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Galloway
15. Mannah
16. Sutton
17. Gidley

perverse

Referee
1. Dugan
2. Hayne

7. Pearce
8. Snowden

11. Gallen
12. Watmough
13. Bird/Lewis

14. Mannah
15. Lewis/Bird

i would lock these names in for game 1 next year.

eels_fan

First Grade
1. Hayne
6. Campese/Soward
7. Pearce
9. Farah

Stick with that spine and there is no reason we cant build momentum

Backrow stocks are strong with Lewis, Watmough, Bird, Gallen, Hindy, Waterhouse
Front Row, young but strong, with Weyman, Mannah, Snowdon, Douglas, Poore
Centres - Jennings has one covered for years, then you have scott, tahu, morris, gasnier, lawrence
Wing - Morris has one locked in.

Team for 2011 and 2012 - and we will win a series if we stick to it

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Gasnier
5. Gordon ?? This is probably open to change as its not a crucial position
6. Campese/Soward - they have to give someone a shot and leave them there
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Douglas/Snowdon
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Gidley
15. Mannah
16. Snowdon/Douglas
17. Poore/Tolman

Minotaur

Juniors
1. Hayne
3. Jennings
7. Pearce
9. Farah
11. Watmough

Stick with this nucleaus over the next few years and the blues will once again dominate origin.

1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
5. Morris
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Lewis
15. Learoyd-Lahrs

Jono1987

Juniors
1. J. Dugan
2. B. Morris
3. M. Jennings
4. C. Lawrence
5. J. Hayne
6. J. Soward
7. M. Pearce
8. K. Snowden
9. R. Farah (C)
10. K. Galloway
11. L. Lewis
12. A. Watmough
13. P. Gallen

14. M. Weyman
15. T. Mannah
16. T. Leoroyd-Lahrs
17. G. Bird

18. L. Douglas
19. C. Heighington
20. B. Champion
21. T. Carney

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
You all have Pearce as your preferred choice for halfback for the next few years. If I was a NSW fan I would be preying for the next Steve, Ricky, Geoff, Brandy, Sterlo, or Joey to come along.

Pearce is not classy enough.

Gaba

First Grade
You all have Pearce as your preferred choice for halfback for the next few years. If I was a NSW fan I would be preying for the next Steve, Ricky, Geoff, Brandy, Sterlo, or Joey to come along.

Pearce is not classy enough.
exactly he got dominated by tim smith , any halfback who gets dominated by a player like tim smith isnt nrl standard.

It shows how embarrassing it is for nsw to have pearce at halfback