What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of OLD Lang Park?

Teddyboy

First Grade
Ah yes well anyway, I made the comment about that game in 1968. here are some pics from the game. Hope you like them.

IMG_0001-55.jpg

IMG_0002-53.jpg

That Souths player with his sleeves rolled up looks like he come straight from the early 1990's.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Nothing has changed in 80 years for me - a good pot of Castlemaine Fourex is still the best tonic procurable ! :D

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Chelseabree, that is some of the best contributions to this forum I've seen. Well done!

Where on Earth did you get this stuff? The program for the Souths/Combined Brisbane game is magnificent.

Hope RL1908 picks up on this thread, would love to read his take on the events (always thought you needed to add a little Brisbane Rugby League history to your work Sean ;) ).

chelseabree

Juniors
I have managed to pick it up in many different places over time- a lot on e-bay but you would be amazed the sorts of things people have just given me. I'm glad people like to look at pictures of my collection. I like to see our history recorded.
Anyway here are some pages from a 1961 program
IMG-73.jpg

IMG_0001-58.jpg

IMG_0002-56.jpg

chelseabree

Juniors
Here is a great moment in Qld history. They beat the visiting Englishmen- a very good side! ++++ The Australian side was picked and 8 Queenslanders chosen. Interesting comment about the crowd. it said it was big- how big it does not say but the First Test in Brisbane got 39,200. The state game in Sydney got 50,000- not bad for 1928!

IMG-77.jpg

Teddyboy

First Grade
Here is a great moment in Qld history. They beat the visiting Englishmen- a very good side! ++++ The Australian side was picked and 8 Queenslanders chosen. Interesting comment about the crowd. it said it was big- how big it does not say but the First Test in Brisbane got 39,200. The state game in Sydney got 50,000- not bad for 1928!

IMG-77.jpg

There used to be a good website called the vaults which had every Rugby League test crowd stats but it's gone missing sadly.I can find most club games for the NSWRL/ARL/NRL crowds but can not find state games before 1980.