What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pirate Rugby League PC on Ebay ?

knowsleyroader

Juniors
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=68253&item=8121031975&rd=1

Looking on ebay and found the above item. Seems like 10 pirate copies if you ask me. Advertises the game on blank disk with no packaging.

Dont have your email Mario so thought I would post it on here so your aware and could possibly contact ebay with regards to removing it if indeed it proves to be pirate copies.

Certainly looks that way but appologies if it turns out to be a genuinely badly worded item.

Juniors
i've seen plenty of pirate versions of this game, its a shame, companies these days for all titles dont get the money their entitled to because of piracy, i for one dont agree or condone it, just wish people wouldn't do it for rugby league, we want a goddam sequel !!!!!!!!

inertia666

Juniors
commericial pirating sucks. i know no company is ever going to condone private copying or downloading games but that's another issue.

i was caught on ebay with a copy of f1 2000 grand prix a few years back. it came on a "real" cd with a booklet but no packaging. when i installed the game it didn't setup the icons properly and it run on the hard disc without the cd! I knew it was a safedisc game and that shouldn't happen. The guy gave me my money back and denied all knowledge of it being a copy.

the worst thing about this kind of piracy is that people think they are getting the real thing on a cheap deal which is defintely denying the company money.

inertia666

Juniors
commericial pirating sucks. i know no company is ever going to condone private copying or downloading games but that's another issue.

i was caught on ebay with a copy of f1 2000 grand prix a few years back. it came on a "real" cd with a booklet but no packaging. when i installed the game it didn't setup the icons properly and it run on the hard disc without the cd! I knew it was a safedisc game and that shouldn't happen. The guy gave me my money back and denied all knowledge of it being a copy.

the worst thing about this kind of piracy is that people think they are getting the real thing on a cheap deal which is defintely denying the company money.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
While I realise there is little Mario and the Sidhe team can do little about the guy on the local markets selling pirate copies of the game, advertisements for pirate copies of the game on Ebay could be stopped by reporting it to Ebay staff. The offending advert would be removed and a few less copies of the game have been passed on from pirates.

I looked at it this way when I saw it, I would rather make someone aware of it even if they decide to do nothing about it than just turn a blind eye and not even give them a chance to do something about it.

Justin666

Juniors
How do you know that it is a priate copy anyway? Maybe the seller is a shop keeper who isnt able to sell the games in his store, so he tries to sell them on ebay? He is selling the games at rock bottom prices, but he might be desperate. Anyway, if they are pirate copies I hope he gets banned from ebay.

inertia666

Juniors
Justin666 said:
How do you know that it is a priate copy anyway? Maybe the seller is a shop keeper who isnt able to sell the games in his store, so he tries to sell them on ebay? He is selling the games at rock bottom prices, but he might be desperate. Anyway, if they are pirate copies I hope he gets banned from ebay.

"Game comes on blank disk in plastic sleeve to keep postage costs down"

no box? no manual? a blank disk?

the postage cost isnt that much in the dvd case that it comes in and the postage cost is up to the buyer anyway so he or she should decide if the postage cost should be minimised.

the seller even has the cheek to pass on the £1 postage cost to the buyer.

Mario

Juniors
Thanks knowsley. We take piracy of Rugby League very seriously, and have brought pirates to the attention of the police and Internal Affairs in the past (with good results).

Mario said:
Thanks knowsley. We take piracy of Rugby League very seriously, and have brought pirates to the attention of the police and Internal Affairs in the past (with good results).
you mean you got loads of compensation :lol:

Mario

Juniors
Deano wire till i die said:
Mario said:

Compensation is generally unheard of. However, pirates have been prosecuted resulting in fines, community service, seizing of computer equipment, police records etc.

Mario

Juniors
Timmo said:
I notice the product has now been removed from ebay :)

1 point for the good guys :)

If anybody else notices this sort of stuff, please report them to us here or via our website.

Jonotallica

Juniors
Mario said:
Deano wire till i die said:
Mario said:

Compensation is generally unheard of. However, pirates have been prosecuted resulting in fines, community service, seizing of computer equipment, police records etc.
Seizing of computer equipment, ouch!

Good work guys.

Latest posts