What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PJ marsh might be available

PJ is laughably the third string hooker behind that unprofessional, obese hick Mark Riddell and soft John Morris at Parramatta. He might shop himself around.

If we took him, Sully could go and Hilder could take Bird's bench spot, and Bird could be dumped at the sewage outlet off the Cronulla coast. We'd be doing him a favour, because no one else wants him.

I guess it comes down to this - who would you prefer - Marsh or Sully?

Special K

Coach
Tough question... PJ and his neck make me lean towards Sully but the pre neck injury Marsh I'd take.

He killed us in that final against the warriors in 2002. He was marking Kimmorley all game and gave him no room the prick

coolumsharkie

Referee
Marsh is damaged goods imo...

Yet to see him be the player he was before that horrific injury

I'd stick with Sully for the time being

Frenzy.

Post Whore
PJ's neck injury is only as bad as Doom's yet many, including me want Doom back ASAP.

I think it's a non issue.

Marsh for mine if he were available and affordable. Added advantage in that he is a great playmaking halfback.

newman

First Grade
Personally, id rather persist with Sully. I think hes got the potentially to be freakishly good, better than Marsh even.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Marsh is one of the most talented players in the NRL.
In the top 10 fastest players in the game where speed matters most.
between the ears.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
PeacheyPower said:
So,we all don't like Sully now because..........?

and why do we want PJ Marsh?

1) Read the weeks threads - been discussed at length

2) He's a better footballer than Sully and may be available.

3) Sully not a happy camper with us - may wanna leave anyway.

PeacheyPower

Juniors
I remember quite a group of people on here last year saying they would'nt mind Riddell playing for us.

I don't think those same people would still be saying it now. The same thing will happen with Marsh.

IMO if we have to,we can do better.

cheese

Bench
How much would marsh command a season ........2-300?(souths would throw im 3hunj without blinking)

I see danger in it

It looks likely that we'll also be throwing huge amounts at mason or bailey too

kim - 4hunj
dykesy - a smidge off 3
peach - 2-3
mase or bails - mid to upper 3's
marsh - 2-3hunj if a bidding war with souths occured
stevo if he stays - 2-3
(*disclaimer - i really have no f**king idea how much theyre on)

I just reckon our priorities should be sewing up our underpayed proven performers, like galls, nuts, peach, bails, williams is coming on strong, big doom........MEZ..........etc

I know we're no where near as bad as newcastle, but look what happens when you spend almost half your cap on a handful of players, especially injury prone players .......its hard to retain the toilers who would bleed for your club ...like what happened to robbie O ..........

If we can develop a solid hooker, i reckon that'd be the better option ........though i think its almost an impossibility while rapes sticks with this interchange crap

i havent given up on sully at the moment though .....he's playing ****, but when you see him when he's on his game, like against the roosters last year, its hard not to get wood .......he can be dynamic ....he brings people through the gates ...and he also brings many a blokes girlfriend though the gates too

he just needs some yoga .....that shit'll chill him out

SirShire

First Grade
Marsh is a natural rake, Sully aint.

Marsh's form this year has been unreal, he has been in everything for Parra. I would happily have him over Sully.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
PeacheyPower said:
I remember quite a group of people on here last year saying they would'nt mind Riddell playing for us.

I don't think those same people would still be saying it now. The same thing will happen with Marsh.

IMO if we have to,we can do better.

Probably means that people weren't happy with Sully as hooker last year.

Maybe we can do better, but we haven't heard of any other real hookers on the market as yet

cheese said:
How much would marsh command a season ........2-300?(souths would throw im 3hunj without blinking)

I wouldn't think anything like that considering the injury. Sully's on around $150k - I'd put Marsh at around the same value. Maybe a bidding war would up his price and then I'd change my mind probably

But getting back to basics the question was Sully or Marsh - if given a choice. It would have to be Marsh.

its hard not to get wood .......

sullyfan enters the discussion :lol:

cheese

Bench
In terms of who is the better player now, pj takes the cake

but souths would throw him fugloads if he was on the open market.....and also dangle an nrl halfback carrot .....they've got well over a mill, and would be tearing themselves if a playermaker like peej was to come on the market

so my point is ........is a player who was close to never walking again be worth mid-high 2's without a season under his belt to see if his injury will hold up

He's got a young family to feed, so i guarantee money will be a driving factor

Before we buy Marsh would like to see Kingston have run in firsts and even Doig if one of these guys develop, we could save money on hooker and use elsewhere, both these guys have to at least be given a chance before we throw $200k at Marsh with suspect neck

Frenzy.

Post Whore
cheese said:
In terms of who is the better player now, pj takes the cake

but souths would throw him fugloads if he was on the open market.....and also dangle an nrl halfback carrot .....they've got well over a mill, and would be tearing themselves if a playermaker like peej was to come on the market

so my point is ........is a player who was close to never walking again be worth mid-high 2's without a season under his belt to see if his injury will hold up

He's got a young family to feed, so i guarantee money will be a driving factor

Gorden Tallis...........

His injury will hold up. In fact it'll be stronger because the thing has been fused.

BTW Don't be surprised if we have just as much to spend as the Rabbits.