What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plane Crashes Into World Trade Centre

Warlock

Juniors
but I can guarantee you will regret deleting all your posts in a moment of frustration five minutes after you do it.

Bullshit Legend! I did it and don't regret it for one split second. Best damn thing I ever did!
Don't listen to them Steve. Piss em off mate. You'll be a better man for it. Apart from a handfull of posters, this place is a shit hole that's run by hypocrite managers. Bastards who'll make rules but won't practise what they preach. Two of those bastards have been swearing like crazy of late (particularly since my departure) but no-one says shit! When I had my stoush with El Dick on the Boxing thread, one of the bastards was on my back like white on rice deleting my posts left and right.
Like I said before, thank god for the handfull of elite posters that post here. If it wasn't for them, this place would reek like stale piss.
W'lock

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I feel the positive vibes from here...
Geez, the bloke is having more comebacks then Dame Nellie Melba.

Warlock: as a matter of interest, have you ever actually left? In any case, you can come and go as you please. But I will say this for ya,...you're one weird character.

Quite frankly, I've never fully understood why anyone would want to go out in some pathetic blaze of glory and then delete their own posts as if to say 'there, they made fun of me... so thats gunna make them all pay'. Its only the internet for shits sake.

Each to their own I guess.

L

legend

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were trying to get at there Steve. I often miss the subtle messages people try to get across. I won't, however, delete my post.:p

Warlock, i'm not even sure if most people would know who the managers are around here because this forum is pretty much self moderating compared to othersbut I just had a look and you posted once to give us all a serveand unjoined again. Good work mate. Your actions speak a lot louder than anything I can say.

Warlock - No point beating around the bush, that other comment was aimed in my direction, and i accept it. I did make a post a few weeks ago starting with "f**k Manly", or something along those lines. I was a bit heated at the time, and i was in the wrong. In retrospect, i should have deleted it. Point taken. But i hope that you can also take the point, that when you make a post with "f..k this, f..k that" and general abuse of people its not going to be acceptable. Neither were acceptable, they both should've been deleted (my post and yours). Due to my error in judgement, only one of them was.

I mean, most people in here would probably swear in 'real life'. I dont have a problem with an odd expletive here and therein posts. Its just when the post is loaded with them, i dont see the value of it.

As for the video, im not going to comment, as the footage really doesn't show much at all. As Bronco said, its very small and i can't see bugger all to be honest. I'll reserve judgement and wait for the full length video :)

Cheers,
Moffo

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"i'm not even sure if most people would know who the managers are..."
...or would care for that matter.

One thing thatWarlock doesntseem to fathomis that themanagers are contributors and the contributors are the managers.

LWOS was started in June 2001. The reasoning has always been that wewanted a place were people can discuss a wide range of issues, mainly sport. Naturally, the managers were the amongst the first but even when there were only six contributing, anyone was welcomed to join in the discussions. It really is as simple as that.

Anyone... and I do mean anyone, can come forward and make any reasonable suggestion to improve the forum. They do this by email or but simply making a post in the site comments section. Almost every suggestion is implemented.

I've been involved with plenty of forums and the thing that struck me about LWOS when I joined was that when I made a suggestion, it was acted on instantly. It was done so because the management were grateful for the imput. That culture still exists even though since then, another 350 members have joined.

One more thing, no one here as ever been banned. Thats a proud claim. Moreover, LWOS is by and large anti-censorship and managers are very reluctant to delete any post due to its content. The only time a manager will intervene is if the post is deemed to be excessively offensive.
Street talk isnt excessive.

Warlock seems to have issues with the place... thats fine by me... there's nothing we can do about that. Even though he is missing the whole point of why this place was set up, he is still welcomed to hang around.

imported_bronco

Juniors
I was an assistant manager on this forum a while ago. I unjoined my account so I could sign back up with my new email address. Of course I lost the assistant managers tag but didn't notice for ages till I realised a few days ago that someone had put me back as one. It just shows that assistant managers don't have to do anything really around here. I've only heard managers talk of deleting something twice in my time on this forum. Compare this to the "dark side" and we're not a touch on some of those power hungry moderators that exsist over there.

C

CanadianSteve

When I made my comment about quitting and deleting my posts, I was making a joking reference to what Warlock had done, though I meant him no disrespect. I was trying to express that I wasn't taking the whole UFO business seriously, by pretending to over-react. Sorry if I stirred up an argument. :(

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nahh, don't worry about it Steve, after you said it was a joke it was obvious you were doing a send up... well obvious to most. ;)
I just didnt know you Canadians could be so dry in your humour... had me wondering. :D

C

CanadianSteve

Actually, a lot of Canadian comedians or comic actors have done well in US TV and movies. Mike Myers, John Candy, Dan Aykroyd, Martin Short, Michael J. Fox are just a few. Tom Green is also Canadian, but you wouldn't exactly call his humour dry.

tim hates you

Juniors
"I've only heard managers talk of deleting something twice in my time on this forum. Compare this to the "dark side" and we're not a touch on some of those power hungry moderators that exsist over there."

In all fairness Jeremy, I've been over there recently and to my experience mods only lock threads when people start to hurt each other. It's a good forum once you get to know the blokes and Shiela's, except halfy, he's a wanker lol

dog86

L

legend

Ok guys, enough of the comparisons again. I don't want another forum war with rleague and if people want to come and go as they please, then so be it but we have been a seperate forum for well over a year now and i'd like to think we have formed our own identity and stepped out of the shadow of rleague.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Warlock: Mate, I've always enjoyed your posts when you frequented here but what you have done since you departed is not right in MHO.
Either come on back and frequent mate (don't listen to what another said here eirlier on this thread, he only speaks for himself) or stay away for good.
Seriously mate....
Make a chioce big guy.
:)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The UN has made it clear that Iraq are not a nuclear threat and Iraq have said that that inspectors are welcomed to have a gander.

George W Bush addressed the UN and reminded them all that this is war against terrorism.He basically told them to pull their heads in.
Tony Blair and John W Howard are also as keen as mustard to invade Iraq.

This is despite a growing public sentiment that war is not the solution.

Previously, the War-hungry leaders were saying that Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction and we must be fearful of this.

Now the rhetoric has charged dramatically with George W saying that "we shouldnt be judging Iraq on what they have now... we should instead be judging them on what they have done in the past..."

If we're gunna startjudging countries for past actions we better begin with few indiscretions of our own.

It seems that nothing will sway these guys and all reports indicate that an invasion of Iraq has already been set down for next February.

El Duque

Bench
"Either come on back and frequent mate (don't listen to what another said here eirlier on this thread, he only speaks for himself) or stay away for good. "

And you speak for everyone??
I'm glad you seem to think so.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'll try again... ;)

Can anyoneguess as to why we never see much of Saddam Hussein on TV? Apart from the same stock footage of him sitting behind a big desk or firing an automatic weapon, we see(and hear) bugger-all of him.

Why is that he hasn't had the opportunity to address the UN General Assembly in the way that George W did.