Plane Crashes Into World Trade Centre

Discussion in 'LWOS' started by imported_Willow, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Guest

This message has been deleted by the author.

2. El Duque

El Duque Bench

The World is a f**ked up place my friends.
    This is a sad day.

3. Guest

4. imported_Willow

imported_Willow Coach

Yes, it's been confirmed that one of the World Trade Center Towers have collapsed. I've been in these buildings and I'm absolutely stunned.
    For a massive building to collapse in a densely populated area can only mean disaster.
    But for it happen in one of the worlds most populated cities... I can but imagine the enormity of this tragedy.

Another report now... an explosion on Capital Hill (Washington).

5. El Duque

El Duque Bench

Now it looks like the 2nd tower might go down.

6. imported_Willow

imported_Willow Coach

According to the news, the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine have claimed responsibilty for this catastrophe.

It appears that a car bomb has exploded in front of the State Building (the Capital Hill explosion) in Washington.

The 2nd Tower has just collasped.
    Both of the Twin Towers have collasped.
    They're gone.

7. Guest

8. Guest

9. imported_Willow

imported_Willow Coach

The buildings can hold tens of thousands of people but how many got out?
    The skyline of NYC has completely changed. The place is in a state of chaos.

10. G@v

[email protected] Juniors

Each tower had a workforce of 25,000 people. Let's hope there were'nt that many at the time. Even so, this is a major tragedy.

11. imported_Willow

imported_Willow Coach

Each Tower has 40,000 people and up 150,000 people were in the precinct below.
    We can only hope that the evacuation was swift prior to the collaspse of the World Trade Centre Towers.

A 4th explosion in NYC has been now been reported.

12. imported_Willow

imported_Willow Coach

Now a 2nd plane has crashed into the 2nd tower of the World Trade Centre.
    ... looks like a deliberate attack now.
    Amazing footage.

13. imported_Willow

imported_Willow Coach

The footage shows what looks like a commercial sized aircraft hitting the 2nd tower.
    This is no fly zone and there is no way that this is an accident.
    The crashes occurred 18 minutes apart.

This seems to be a kamikaze attack and one which will become big news for a years to come.

14. G@v

[email protected] Juniors

One was a Boeing 767, the other a 737, both of which were hijacked from Boston. There are also reports that a third jet has been hijacked.

The Pentagon has been hit

15. imported_Willow

imported_Willow Coach

An explosion... perhaps another plane or helicopter crashhas occurred at the Pentagon in Washington. Very sketchy details.
    Apparently there has been at least one plane hijacked earlier in the day, a Boeing 767.

And now the White House is being evacuated.

All air travel has been suspended and government departments are being evacuated.

All main roads and tunnels in the capital are being closed.

The US President W Bush has boarded Airforce One and is heading towards Washington.

16. Guest

17. imported_Willow

imported_Willow Coach

Sorry Gav... just repeated some of your post.. thought I was chatting to myself. Incredible stuff.

18. Moffo

Moffo Referee

8 years...craziness

what an interesting read

19. broncos_warriors_storm

broncos_warriors_storm Juniors

this is scary stuff. as an 8 year old, i understood lives are being lost but i never expected this. i was crushed because dragon ball z wasent playing, and that makes me feel like sh*t now.

r.i.p all of those who lost their lives

20. alien

alien Referee

I haven't seen this thread before. I'm just reading through this now. I was in New York state when this happened. The tv was on and I was in another room but I could hear on the tv that a plane hit one of the World Trade Centre towers. I came back into the room and when the news reporters first started to talk about it they thought it was just a small plane but then there was alot of smoke and the news reporters started to think that maybe it wasn't a small plane at all. These news reporters were in New York City on the top of another building. You could actually see the towers behind the reporters in the distance. Shortly after I actually saw the second plane hit the other tower as it actually happened and some of the reporters and I guess the camera crew started swearing and yelling like "holy sh*t" and "oh my god" and stuff like that. Some of them started crying I think. I'm wondering if anyone over here saw that footage? I don't remember what channel this was on over there. After the second plane hit they knew it was terrorist attacks and later during the day they were discussing what terrorist group it could be. One of the towers fell, then the other. Later they said there was an explosion at the Pentagon, and there was also news about the plane that went down in Pennsylvania. They said they were evacuating the White House too because they thought there might be another plane coming towards Washington. I was infront of the tv the whole day. It was hard to believe that it was all actually happening. It almost felt like a movie, a very bad movie. When I left the USA in Feb 2002 the airports had alot more security compared to when I arrived in Aug 2001. They had soldiers with M16s inside the airport. Atleast that's what I think the guns were. It's hard to believe it was 8 years ago now. Time has gone quickly. I would like to hear about other peoples experiences on that day. Where were they .etc.