What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plane Crashes Into World Trade Centre

L

legend

Easily the best thread of all time and it still stands today as a monument to everything that has happened between September 11 and today. The eerie thing is to see everyone posting on September 11, 2001. This thread really is a valuable piece of history IMO.

C

CanadianSteve

4th anniversary of the attack, and of this thread. Worth a re-read.

One of the more monumental events in modern history, due to its audaciousness and cultural impacts.

I remeber seeing it as it unfolded, glued to the screen, not really being part of this e-community at that stage.

Were are we now after all that ?

blacklovevirgo

Juniors
They shouldn't build another building on the site of the twin towers. They should make it a large memorial site for all the victims of that terrible day. God bless them.

Benderparma

Juniors
Half a decade?

Anyway, what does everyone think of the war on terrorism in hindsight - Should we have nuked like many first responses wanted?

L

legend

Good question. In hindsight, many of the predictions came true but I find myself less hostile these days.

May be because I'm older and far more enlightened, I can look at things in a more rational way?

Nah, I think I'm going senile...

C

CanadianSteve

Nothing like the 9/11 anniversary to bring us back together. Hope everyone is well, and please pos here a little more when you can.

Cheers, Steve

C

CanadianSteve

Hard to believe 7 years has passed. What a thread this was, in LWOS's glory days.

this is scary stuff. as an 8 year old, i understood lives are being lost but i never expected this. i was crushed because dragon ball z wasent playing, and that makes me feel like sh*t now.

r.i.p all of those who lost their lives

alien

Referee
I haven't seen this thread before. I'm just reading through this now. I was in New York state when this happened. The tv was on and I was in another room but I could hear on the tv that a plane hit one of the World Trade Centre towers. I came back into the room and when the news reporters first started to talk about it they thought it was just a small plane but then there was alot of smoke and the news reporters started to think that maybe it wasn't a small plane at all. These news reporters were in New York City on the top of another building. You could actually see the towers behind the reporters in the distance. Shortly after I actually saw the second plane hit the other tower as it actually happened and some of the reporters and I guess the camera crew started swearing and yelling like "holy sh*t" and "oh my god" and stuff like that. Some of them started crying I think. I'm wondering if anyone over here saw that footage? I don't remember what channel this was on over there. After the second plane hit they knew it was terrorist attacks and later during the day they were discussing what terrorist group it could be. One of the towers fell, then the other. Later they said there was an explosion at the Pentagon, and there was also news about the plane that went down in Pennsylvania. They said they were evacuating the White House too because they thought there might be another plane coming towards Washington. I was infront of the tv the whole day. It was hard to believe that it was all actually happening. It almost felt like a movie, a very bad movie. When I left the USA in Feb 2002 the airports had alot more security compared to when I arrived in Aug 2001. They had soldiers with M16s inside the airport. Atleast that's what I think the guns were. It's hard to believe it was 8 years ago now. Time has gone quickly. I would like to hear about other peoples experiences on that day. Where were they .etc.