What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastic Merkin - Chucker Trophy. Aussie Team and predictions

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So after being belted by King Kholi, Prince Pujara, Baron Bumrah and co we move on to an opponent a little more our level.

This is the team I'd have taking on Sri Lanka. Basically the worst Australian batting line up I've ever seen but who else?????

Harris - has shown enough to warrant a couple more tests but really needs to put a big score on the board

Khawaja - Mr Lazy would be in trouble in an ordinary team, in this one he's the best bat. A better opener than 3 imo.

Burns - needs to play, would prefer him at 5 but desperate times means he goes a bit higher.

Hanscombe - the bloke is at least a battler. Again, too high but options are short.

Head - needs to be told that this is his last chance. Has potential but no patience. Last chance mofo.

Maxwell - I don't think he's a test player's arsehole but I've always thought that he's a bloke who at least cares about playing for Australia.

7 - 11 - no change.

Holy f**k, that is slim pickings.

And before Mr Squawk starts fapping over Warner - the guy is suspended and is not coming back before March.

We should win 2 zip against a team that is ranked at 6 as the Lankans usually struggle against pace and bounce. (We are 5!!!!)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Harris
Burns
Oozie
Handscomb
Patterson
Head
Paine (c)
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Haze (vc)

Dizzy (coach)

Bazal

Post Whore
Man I've been trying to post a reply to this thread since about 2:30 on and off and the fking internal server error is a constant thing...

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd use it as a chance to check out a few things for the Ashes. Especially one or two swing bowlers with a day night test at the Gabba.

Obviously this is not the way the selectors will go though

Harris
Khawaja
Burns
Patterson
Head
(See Part Two-Internal Server Error, Had to split it)
Paine
Cummins
Worrall/Mennie
Lyon
Tremain/Richardson

For the Gabba anyway. Change the attack at least for Manuka which is a very different wicket.

Bazal

Post Whore
Part Tw

I think we need to audition a swing bowler for the Ashes. Starc and Haze are both struggling to an extent too.

With the number six bat, I'd be looking at giving another new guy a look. Younger too if possible. Someone like a Will Pucovski if he's fit for it maybe? Otherwise a Daniel Hughes or even a Jake Lehmann or someone. Just pick someone who has a bit of Shield form and potential about them, give them a crack and see what they can do for the two tests. We've really gotta get away from the Marsh and Finch type selections and at least try someone new.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Harris
Burns
Lambuscagne (vc)
Handscomb
Maxwell
Wade
Paine (c0
Cummins
Siddle
Tremaine
Lyon

typicalfan

Coach
Khawaja
Burns
Harris
Handscomb
Head
D Hughes
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

12th man Labuschagne

Surprised to see some people selecting Handscomb.

Harris
Burns
Khawaja
Patterson
Head
Maxwell
Paine
Cummins
Lyon
Tremain
Hazlewood

If Head fails in the first test I’d try something wild like picking Will Pucovski.

Part Tw

I think we need to audition a swing bowler for the Ashes. Starc and Haze are both struggling to an extent too.

With the number six bat, I'd be looking at giving another new guy a look. Younger too if possible. Someone like a Will Pucovski if he's fit for it maybe? Otherwise a Daniel Hughes or even a Jake Lehmann or someone. Just pick someone who has a bit of Shield form and potential about them, give them a crack and see what they can do for the two tests. We've really gotta get away from the Marsh and Finch type selections and at least try someone new.

Pucovski played Victoria’s last shield game. So hopefully he’s ok. I’d strongly consider him too. Dan Hughes could be a reliable no.6.

Tommy Smith

Referee
My XI for Sri Lanka:

Finch
Khawaja
Labuschagne
S Marsh
Handscomb
M Marsh
Paine
Cummins
Lyon
Siddle
Hazelwood

Gun side.

Matt23

Staff member
Harris
Burns
Khawaja
Head
Handscombe
Lubuschagne
Paine
Cummins
Lyon
Hazelwood
Tremain
Starc (12th man)

Did anyone catch what Mark Waugh had to say about Shaun Marsh?

He said he’d stick with him because if it’s a dry summer in England he’ll score a lot of runs. The mindset of a former selector, explains a lot.

Imagine predicating a selection on the hope England has a dry summer?!

Cricket needs more of the American analytics. Cricket is a numbers game, you don’t need to overthink it. Look at the numbers.

Fangs

Coach
Surprised to see some people selecting Handscomb.

Harris
Burns
Khawaja
Patterson
Head
Maxwell
Paine
Cummins
Lyon
Tremain
Hazlewood

If Head fails in the first test I’d try something wild like picking Will Pucovski.

Basically my team. We should rotate some bowlers but our main 4 will be selected for the first Ashes test. I'd look at Daniel Worrall.

I like a guy like Patterson at 4/5. Anyone who can value their wicket ala Smith to stop these ridiculous collapses. If they want experience I'd look at Callum Ferguson or Cameron White. Surely Shaun Marsh is done at test level.

Head/Maxwell should fight it out for position 6 once Smith returns. Neither of them can bat further up the order but are ideal at 6/7. If we have a better batsman/keeper I'd move them up to 6 but Paine isn't going anywhere.

If there is a wild batting talent waiting to be unleashed in Australian cricket you'd have to debut him right now. We will know when the squad is announced on Wednesday.

Eelectrica

Referee
Need more allrounders
1. D. Short
2 Labuschagne
3 Stoinis
4 MMarsh
5 Maxwell
6 Wildermuth
6 Faulkner
7 Paine
8 bosisto