What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PLATINUM ALREADY??

PREDATOR

Juniors
Gday all,heard a rumour the game has gone platinum already..if thats the case will the price drop?
And if so when?
ta.. :D

ghoti

Bench
Even if it did make platinum, they won't release it on the platinum range for a while. Anyone find it fishy that GTA: Vice City hasn't gone platinum despite being a best seller for a few months?

They'll keep at full price so they can squeeze every penny out of the game, then they'll release it on platinum around the time the next version comes out.

P.S. Platinum games (on PS2 anyway) are 50 bucks

ghoti

Bench
on the topic of GTA... does anyone know what the status of the upcoming GTA is???

It'll be here in late 2004 it seems. Rockstar won't release any info until about 3 months before release. It's the best way to do it IMO.

Mario

Juniors
To go platinum the game would have to sell 500,000 units. As well as the game is selling, the market just isn't big enough to come anywhere close to that.

The only way around it would be for HES to strike a deal with Sony. Due to the popularity of the game in the region they may make an exception.

Even if that happened, I wouldn't expect a platinum release until well into next year.

trigger

Juniors
i no nearly every rugby league fan in britain is buying it. *WHEN ITS AVAILABLE TO GET LOL* so i think it might go close to that u no

Mario

Juniors
We had a great first week of sales. It will be interesting to see how subsequent weeks sales go.

If we continue strong through Christmas and beyond then the possibility of a sequel will be good.

Munky

Coach
Speaking of GTA, the double pack comes out for the X-Box next month. I'll be importing mine from NZ so I get the complete game :D

Alan Shore

First Grade
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe ARL96 was used as a promotional tool in Russia. Surely, if contact was made with the billionaire who runs the RRL, he'd buy a few thousand copies to use for promotion?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
GTA is mad, what's the new one that's coming out next year called? I'm definately going to buy it i didn't know they were releasing another one. I have both GTA 3 and Vice City and love them both.

nz_kid

Juniors
I love gta3 and gta vice city I have both. I'm glad it's coming out in october because now i can ask for it for xmas and not have to wait very long.