What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Anything less than ten years between Brisbane teams is rushed

dolphins and broncos will be dead against it
I agree that they shouldn’t be bought in… but other clubs getting upset shouldn’t be the reason …

The Warriors are dead against NZ 2… not sure the NRL will care much

flippikat

Bench
Anything less than ten years between Brisbane teams is rushed

dolphins and broncos will be dead against it
Yeah, that's precisely it.

You have the Broncos & Dolphins in the Brisbane market already, plus the Titans further south.. and Melbourne with their keen-ness to sign SE-Queensland talent.

It just strikes me that a 4th team in South-East Queensland is gonna be a tough sell to get past a lot of existing NRL clubs - especially compared to NZ 2 which will just ruffle the Warriors, and can be somewhat mitigated by putting it in Christchurch.

Wb1234

Referee
I agree that they shouldn’t be bought in… but other clubs getting upset shouldn’t be the reason …

The Warriors are dead against NZ 2… not sure the NRL will care much
I’m not saying never

but not ahead of nz2

2035 would’ve given the dolphins enough time and post Olympics boom

Matt_CBY

Juniors
I hope to god they go with Ipswich Newtown Jets and not just, The Jets
Western Corridor Jets?
Ipswich Jets? (with the QCup Ipswich Jets leaving the being replaced by the same club with a different name - instead of the NRL club having the Different name?)
Brisbane Jets?
South Queensland Jets?

Vlad59

Bench
NZ 2 18
Perth Bears 19
Adelaide 20

NZ 3 21
Jets 22
Nz2 next? Isn’t that your place of birth. Oh that’s right. You have two! Must cause a lot of divided loyalties being born in two countries. I’m gobsmacked. Oops sorry. That’s right. You are. It’s all very confusing.

final say

Juniors
Stupid reason to not be on board with something.
They'll be divided between Ipswich and Newtown... and not even be united by thier colours...
The most " the" team in the history of team sports.
So while we're in Brisbane.. we represent Ipswich.. but when we are in Auckland , we represent a hipster niece in inner Sydney...

So they're not united by geography or colours.. just the love of Jets?
Ok..

Gobsmacked

Bench
Nz2 next? Isn’t that your place of birth. Oh that’s right. You have two! Must cause a lot of divided loyalties being born in two countries. I’m gobsmacked. Oops sorry. That’s right. You are. It’s all very confusing.
I understand how it can be confusing being a gay man living in Tasmania following the Sharks.
Living in Tasmania I have no issues with.
Being gay, by all means. Whatever makes you happy
But a Sharks supporter???
Please f**k right off !

Gobsmacked

Bench
They'll be divided between Ipswich and Newtown... and not even be united by thier colours...
The most " the" team in the history of team sports.
So while we're in Brisbane.. we represent Ipswich.. but when we are in Auckland , we represent a hipster niece in inner Sydney...

So they're not united by geography or colours.. just the love of Jets?
Ok..
Bro ! On point ! There's no identity!

Omott91

Juniors
Bro ! On point ! There's no identity!
I agree, it's an awful idea to combine the 2 without embracing one locality or fanbase, and making the Western Bears concept look great who are seamingly looking to embrace being a predominantly WA side. Hopefully with NZ2 and Brisbane Easts in the mix and imho better options, this Jets bid never gets off the ground.