What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

played today, my review

LordStrone

Juniors
i posted this in the thred titled "wollongong gamesmen" but i thought id put it here as a review as u might not look at the gong thread,sorry if this ticks some of u of.

PLAYED IT TODAY ON SHITBOX...SORRY I MEAN X BOX

played 3 games 2 against a guy and 1 on the seconed diff level, what a gem game,took me one game to lern the controls,played against another guy in shop, i was manly he was dogs, i got done 4 nil 5min halve

seconed game, i was manly he was dragons i scored twice in the first to be up 12 nil at the half then another in the second in the corner,full time 16nil, the guy left he had enough.

game 3 manly vs sharks at brookvale,oh the grounds look bloody fantastic, beat the sharks 10 nil.

well i gott say this is a top top game, its easy to play and very addictive,i could of stayed in there all day,but had to go, the graphics are fine as far as im concerned so i dont know why whoever was bagging them was,they are great only one thing tho,was does hoppa have a afro???? also the player likeness is great too except for a few people when the close up is on,but most of the time u know who has the ball when you are running,anyway some of the tackling cut scenes are top notch and there are some big hits in the game. i didnt work out how to step or dummy yet,but i was on a x box so thats why.

all in all after about 45 of play i give it 8/10.

there were some things that i didnt like and that was:

-sometime the dummy half isnt there so the guy plays the ball and there is no dummy half so u just have to wait for the hooker to get before u can get the ball

-its very strange but when passing from dummy half it seems that sometimes the player dont run onto the ball,they catch it flat footed then it takes a while to get goin.

-the x box controller, what a joke its to big to bulky and the buttons are bloody shocking,i have played x box before quite a bit but it bloody hard to play nrl and use all the features, cant wait for my PS2 version

there u go,i dont normally wright review and this is my first so enjoy!

Moffo

Referee
Good read mate, im looking forward to it

How did the crowd look? Were they sellout games, and where were they placed?

Cheers,
Moffo

LordStrone

Juniors
Moffo said:
Good read mate, im looking forward to it

How did the crowd look? Were they sellout games, and where were they placed?

Cheers,
Moffo

yeah sorry i didnt put that in, anyway, the manly vs dragons game was at suncorp ant there was no one behind the post or high in the stans,just dribs and drabs on the sides, manly vs sharks there was a good crowd at brookvale there to watch,packed in on the sides then spread a bit behind the posts ect. they have little morron and white flags and the crowds wear team colours ect

also i hit the posts with one of the conversions,that was great to see,the commentry is frigin great! like i said was there fopr about 45mins and i didnt get board of vossy at all, the refereeing speach is seconed to none as well,i really cant say enough good things about this game except that everyone who plays it on PS2/PC or shit i mean x box will be in love with it after 5mins.

people have said that there should be wear and tear on uniforms and the pithch,dont worry about it because i seemed to be so into the game that u dont even notice it,the replays are great as well.

bring on friday!

STOP BAGING THE BLOODY XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get over yourself! I don't care how jelous u are that u have an inferior console mario has said before that the xbox version looks better and I think that pisses u off.

I really don't get it, just talk about the game without your bullshit
everyone I know who owns both consoles says xbox owns!! thats why I sold my PS2 afterall....
PS that review sucked

(sorry for that out burst it has just realy been getting annoying)

HBG

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
Get over yourself! I don't care how jelous u are that u have an inferior console mario has said before that the xbox version looks better and I think that pisses u off.

I really don't get it, just talk about the game without your bullsh*t
everyone I know who owns both consoles says xbox owns!! thats why I sold my PS2 afterall....
PS that review sucked

I didn't mind the X-Box version, and am keen to get one. However, I wouldn't replace the PS2 as I have @ 25 games for it.

LordStrone

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:

I really don't get it, just talk about the game without your bullsh*t
PS that review sucked

ok maybe if the x box came with a ps2 control then i would, man settle down hey its just a bit of tounge in cheek mate,no need to lose your head.

ghoti

Bench
You're not one to talk Jimmyson...i've heard you many times in the past bashin the PS2. :p

I don't think we need to bash consoles in this forum. I'm a PS2 man, always was, always will be, but I find console bashing to be quite childish. Just be happy with what you've got rather then proclaiming to everyone within ear shot that your console is better...they both have their ups and downs.

After all, everybody knows the PS2 is far more superior...:p. Just kiddin. Both consoles are fairly equal IMO. The X-Box is technically superior, but the PS2 just feels so much better. All a matter of opinion when it comes down to it.