What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Attributes

Matta

Juniors
On Lockley's site it says that the top 5 in the game would be Jones, Fittler, Johns, Gower and Orford, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the best five to use in the game. Lockyer would be a better player than Orford in the game, even though Orford is in the Top 5 and Lockyer isn't. I'll explain here:

The top 5 are all halves, so they're good kickers, passers, tackle breakers, fit and agile. Johns, Orford, Fittler, and Jones all kick goals; Gower is a good tackler and is a good at breaking them; they are all good at controlling aggression; they can offload; and some of them are fast and have good acceleration as well... So they are good all round players, but that does not make them the top 5 to use in the game.

These top 5 probably have their stats past the 90% mark, and probably Jones, Johns, and Fittler over the 95%, but someone like Lockyer or Tallis still would have high attributes, but wouldn't get over the 90% because they are not halves.

Say, for instance, Lockyer, he has good speed, acceleration, aggression, aglilty, fitness, passing, catching, tackling, breaking tackles and kicking, but his offloading would be lower, and he has his GK lower as well, but his catching, passing, speed, acceleration, and fitness would be higher than the top 5. So put him around the 85-89% mark.

Tallis, however, is slower, less fit, passing and catching skills not that high up, and has less kicking and GK skills (but he is a good kicker for a second rower). He does, however, has good tackling and break tackle skills, and can offload. But because he's other skills aren't up to scratch doesn't make him a good player. He would still be rated higher even though his attributes aren't that high. And anyway, he's a second rower.

And it gets even worse for a prop; they're slow, nuggety, less fit, angry (not all of them though), bad passing, bad catching, and bad kicking and GK (except for Villisanti of course). Yet, they are the hardest tacklers, can breaks tackles, and can offload. But still, they're attributes go lower.

How about the winger? Speed is good. Accelleration is good. Agility is good. Fitness is good. Catching is good. Breaking Tackles is good. And some can kick and kick goals as well. Yet, even with these high skills, they would probably be rated as a lower player compared the props or second rowers, even though they have higher attributes.

So really, you cansay that one player is better than another just by comparing their attributes. Really, let's just get the game going and not worry about which players are better to use... and anyway, it dsepends on HOW they play in the game, not just who you are playing AS.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, Mario.

Superhemi

Juniors
Matta said:
On Lockley's site it says that the top 5 in the game would be Jones, Fittler, Johns, Gower and Orford, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the best five to use in the game. Lockyer would be a better player than Orford in the game, even though Orford is in the Top 5 and Lockyer isn't. I'll explain here:

The top 5 are all halves, so they're good kickers, passers, tackle breakers, fit and agile. Johns, Orford, Fittler, and Jones all kick goals; Gower is a good tackler and is a good at breaking them; they are all good at controlling aggression; they can offload; and some of them are fast and have good acceleration as well... So they are good all round players, but that does not make them the top 5 to use in the game.

These top 5 probably have their stats past the 90% mark, and probably Jones, Johns, and Fittler over the 95%, but someone like Lockyer or Tallis still would have high attributes, but would get over the 90% because they are not halves.

Say, for instance, Lockyer, he has good speed, acceleration, aggression, aglilty, fitness, passing, catching, breaking tackles and kicking, but his tackling and offloading would be lower, and he has his GK lower as well, but his catching, passing, speed, acceleration, and fitness would be higher than the top 5. So put him around the 85-89% mark.

Tallis, however, is slower, less fit, passing and catching skills not that high up, and has less kicking and GK skills (but he is a good kicker for a second rower). He does, however, has good tackling and break tackle skills, and can offload. But because he's other skills aren't up to scratch doesn't make him a good player. He would still be rated higher even though his attributes aren't that high. And anyway, he's a second rower.

And it gets even worse for a prop; they're slow, nuggety, less fit, angry (not all of them though), bad passing, bad catching, and bad kicking and GK (except for Villisanti of course). Yet, they are the hardest tacklers, can breaks tackles, and can offload. But still, they're attributes go lower.

How about the winger? Speed is good. Accelleration is good. Agility is good. Fitness is good. Catching is good. Breaking Tackles is good. And some can kick and kick goals as well. Yet, even with these high skills, they would probably be rated as a lower player compared the props or second rowers, even though they have higher attributes.

So really, you cansay that one player is better than another just by comparing their attributes. Really, let's just get the game going and not worry about which players are better to use... and anyway, it dsepends on HOW they play in the game, not just who you are playing AS.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, Mario.
I tried to explain exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago on this forum...
You just did a much better job than I did :)
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1818

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
angelus said:
Lockyer's last line defence is the best in the game, why would his defence be lower?
Peachey is better.
:lol: :lol:

Sorry Tama, but that was funny. ;-)

Although Lockyer isn't either. Patten is the best defensively.

angelus

Juniors
Mad Duck said:
Tamazoid said:
angelus said:
Lockyer's last line defence is the best in the game, why would his defence be lower?
Peachey is better.
:lol: :lol:

Sorry Tama, but that was funny. ;-)

Although Lockyer isn't either. Patten is the best defensively.

Another Drongo. Pattern is very very average. Last year he was in line for a NSW call up, but all that went out the window.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
devonuto said:
The_Savage_1 said:
why do halves always get the glory?

Because they give the halve roles to the best play makers in the team... pretty straight forward

just because they are the best play makers how does that mean they are the best in the game? i'd like to see them make plays with no forwards :roll:

Latest posts