What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player comments - need a rebuild

possm

Coach
Can you provide a source for this claim?
Can you supply a reliable source for your claim. I have nothing but hear say and a recollection of a couple of newspaper articles for the 700k and the marketing contract with the NRL.

Go search and if you are really interestd, you may find it.

SBD82

Coach
Can you supply a reliable source for your claim. I have nothing but hear say and a recollection of a couple of newspaper articles for the 700k and the marketing contract with the NRL.

Go search and if you are really interestd, you may find it.
I didn’t make a claim.

Could you provide a source for your claim?

possm

Coach
I didn’t make a claim.

Could you provide a source for your claim?
The Roosters had just $69,000 worth of private sector TPAs, however the likes of Cooper Cronk and James Tedesco benefited from additional whole of game sponsorship which wasn't included in the team-by-team breakdown.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/13/nrl-crackdown-leads-to-dramatic-drop-in-third-party-deals/

I am still looking for the list that had Tedesco listed in the Roosters cap at 700k. If you are really interested you might want to help find it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I am still looking for the list that had Tedesco listed in the Roosters cap at 700k. If you are really interested you might want to help find it.
Hard to find something when it doesn’t exist though..

Perhaps I can help by heading over to Wikipedia and updating his page with that information?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Tedesco did agree to join the raiders for around $700k IIRC..

Perhaps you’ve mixed up your R teams?

TruSaint

Referee
Please have a look at the contract registered with the NRL at 700k. I have this number in good authority and I believe it was reported at the time.

TPA plus an NRL marketing contract together valued at 500k.

@possm, mate I do not have access to the registered contracts held by the NRL.

I do know that every site I have looked at has Teddy on between 1 to 1.25 mil.

As mentioned above, the NRL holds the rights to player images, etc. Heck, there was an uproar ( rightly so by the way ), when the NRL gifted Cam Smith's wife a ring if I recall.

If a player has become the face of the game, be it via NRL media and he then improves his own profile then he would certainly be an attractive investment for 3rd party agreements. I don't think there is a cap on those.

The NRL simply can't pay him with "under the cap " money to alleviate the pressure for the Chooks.

From all the reports I have seen ( pre Covid ), he was to enter into a new deal worth 1 mil, then 1.25 mil thereafter for 5 years.