What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Ratings v Raiders

imasharkie

Coach
1.B.Kearney – 6: Did some good things in attack but his game was generally sloppy.
2.D.Simmons – 2: He is pathetic, not much else I can say. There must be someone in PL who is better than this hack.
3.B.Pommeroy – 7: Great in defence and shut his opposite out of the game. Try scoring machine.
4.F.Anderson – 6: Did his job in attack and defence.
5.L.Covell – 5: Once again the great man had an ordinary game. Lucky he can kick.
6.A.Dykes – 6: Good to see him back. Two try assists see him getting the backline moving.
7.B.Kimmorley – 6: If he learnt to stop tackling everyone in sight, he might do the job he is paid to.
8.P.Leuluai – 5: We call him the tackling bag.
9.K.Kingston – 5: Didn’t see much of him. Obviously Sticky told him to pass the ball from the dummy half and not to try anything fancy.
10.L.Douglas – 7: He’s a machine in both attack and defence.
11.P.Gallen – 6: What was his story tonight. Has he taken his angry pills before the game.
12.L.Thompson – 6: Thommo is the tackling machine. He hammered everyone he could get near.
13.G.Bird – 8: What can you say. He’s the star of the team and should be recognised by the NSW selectors
14.C.Stapleton – 6: Pumps the ball up all game and defends stoutly.
15.B.Ross – 6: Up and down game
16.R.Williams – 6: A much better game tonight.
17.I.DeGois – 6: Did what he had to do.

jc155776

Coach
B.Kimmorley – 5: If he learnt to stop tackling everyone in sight, he might do the job he is paid to.

Come on IMA. The blokes on radio were saying he was playing great.

2 line breaks a couple of try assists. Should have been a few more had the outside backs not bombed them.

kearney 6. Didn't look comfortable against well placed high balls
Simmoms 5 ordinary game
Pommeroy 7 Unstoppable
Anderson 6 very quiet
Covell 6 Good goal kicking, average game otherwise
Dykes 5 really struggled first game back, dropped balls
Kimmorley 7 Kicks found space, heavily involved, took the line on.
Ross 6
Kingston 5
Douglas 7 Best prop out there.
Gallen 6
Thommo 6
Bird 8 Consistently playing blinders

Loo loo 6
Stapelton 6 Made some good runs
Williams 5
DeGois 6 Nice try

Adds up to a lacklustre effort

imasharkie

Coach
Come on IMA. The blokes on radio were saying he was playing great.

Yes jc he was playing great in defence. But did little in attack.

I maybe a little harsh on his score but I expect a lot more from the half million dollar man who is paid to steer us round the ground.

imasharkie

Coach
Dykes 5 really struggled first game back, dropped balls

The dropped ball was from a shocking ball from Noddy which was highlited by Greg Alexander in the call of the game.

fizman

Bench
imasharkie said:
Yes jc he was playing great in defence. But did little in attack.

I maybe a little harsh on his score but I expect a lot more from the half million dollar man who is paid to steer us round the ground.

C'mon Mate, what about we give him a 5 for his defence and a point for each of his line breaks?? Can someone please change that to a 7.....:p

tye

Juniors
Dykes was very ordinary tonight, took some horrible options with the line wide open, he either took the tackle himself or turned the ball back inside. His kicking game did add another option & was pretty good.

imasharkie said:
The dropped ball was from a shocking ball from Noddy which was highlited by Greg Alexander in the call of the game.

I think Dykes should have caught it. It wasn't his only dropped ball Imasharkie. I love Dykesy as a long term Sharky player, but I though he wasn't great tonight.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Noddy apologised for the pass to Dykes. End of story. It was fugged and not the only one he threw out in front of players. Like the face ball to Anderson when Noddy could of simply dummied and scored himself or even went hands through the line.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
fizman said:
C'mon Mate, what about we give him a 5 for his defence and a point for each of his line breaks?? Can someone please change that to a 7.....:p

A point a line break is a bit over generous fizzer.

Did you guys just watch the same game as me tonight?
yeah Dykesy dropped a couple but the set moves were out of time hence the dropssies.
his kicking was great, defineately opened up our game and even Noddies improved because of the room which was created.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sheros los Deros said:
kearney 6. Didn't look comfortable against well placed high balls - Agree
Simmoms 5 ordinary game - Agree, ordinary player.
Pommeroy 7 Unstoppable - Agree to an extent. He still bombed one.
Anderson 6 very quiet - Agree
Covell 6 Good goal kicking, average game otherwise - Disagree, no one else in our team could of set Pom up the way he did.
Dykes 7 really struggled first game back, dropped balls - Disagree, he was the main one finding space with kicks.
Kimmorley 6 - As they say in the U/8's weekly reports "He's such a trier." When Dykes tired in the second half and Noddy took over the primary playmaker role we stalled. It was so obvious.
Ross 6 - Agree
Kingston 5 - Agree
Douglas 7 Best prop out there. - Agree
Gallen 6 - Agree
Thommo 6 - Agree
Bird 8 Consistently playing blinders - Agree

Loo loo 4 - lazy, doesn't do enough in defence for mine.
Stapelton 6 Made some good runs - Agree
Williams 5 - Agree
DeGois 6 Nice try - Agree

Adds up to a lacklustre effort - Agree. Certainly not one to base a title shot on.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
bad boy bubby said:
Did you guys just watch the same game as me tonight?
yeah Dykesy dropped a couple but the set moves were out of time hence the dropssies.
his kicking was great, defineately opened up our game and even Noddies improved because of the room which was created.

I don't think people actually pay attention to who is kicking BBB. As far as I can tell they assume as Noddy is the primary kicker then he gets credit for the good ones. Dykes took 3 or 4 of the first half a dozen kicks and set us up for field position to get the half time lead. Even Kinga made one good one.

Most of Nod's kicks were in the second half. The half we practically went backwards in.

CHAOS said:
I don't think people actually pay attention to who is kicking BBB. As far as I can tell they assume as Noddy is the primary kicker then he gets credit for the good ones. Dykes took 3 or 4 of the first half a dozen kicks and set us up for field position to get the half time lead. Even Kinga made one good one.

Most of Nod's kicks were in the second half. The half we practically went backwards in.
very true.
i'm hoping it was a tactic, maybe to make future games/teams think we'll try and close it out but then keep it open and go for it.
who knows. I do like the fact we kept them blotch, I was very impressed by our defence.
A Sticky trait.

I'll have to watch the replay. The only points of disagreement are Covell, Noddy and
Dykes.

I'm by no means a critic of Dykes. He threw a nice long pass in the first try, but the money ball was Gallen's. Second try was set up by Noddy's cross kick. Third try was all Bird doing.

Other than that Dykes seemed to trip over alot, drop a few balls, got run down by a second rower, threw a pass out into touch.

The timing of the back line moves lacked execution. The whole backline was rusty as.

Inferno

Coach
I noticed Dykes was very heavily targeted tonight as well. Nice coaching by Henry, Sticky probably assumed they were going to target Kimmorley and was prepared for it, but seems Henry anticipated that and Noddy was barely targeted at all.

Inferno said:
I noticed Dykes was very heavily targeted tonight as well. Nice coaching by Henry, Sticky probably assumed they were going to target Kimmorley and was prepared for it, but seems Henry anticipated that and Noddy was barely targeted at all.
good call.
when was the last time we saw Noddy make a line break? and he made two tonight!

EDGAR44

Juniors
imasharkie said:

well stop watching it on tv and get out there you merkin and geez still have negativity when we win 26 blot

sharks_4_06

Juniors
i think its good that there is heaps of room for improvement. if we r winning 26-0 and we can still pick things that they could do better than isnt that a good thing???

millersnose

Post Whore
1.B.Kearney –6
2.D.Simmons – 5 didnt put enough effort in after dropping a kickoff
3.B.Pommeroy – 7
4.F.Anderson – 6
5.L.Covell – 6
6.A.Dykes – 6 a few great kicks
7.B.Kimmorley – 7
8.P.Leuluai – 6 he is trying to run hard and create some fear
9.K.Kingston – 6 best game this year
10.L.Douglas – 7