What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Reports From Parkes Trial

I attended the match in Parkes, as did my fellow Finatics, this is what I compiled from the match

1. Dustin Cooper - Looked solid in defence, kicked 1/3, looked slow when trying to run down a player, he got him in the end but parra scored next set
23. Misi Taulapapa - Misi looked very stong in attack, Parramatta didn't attack his wing that much, started a punch up with an Eels forward, which Star Timani finished, every time he ran the ball he broke the line, he is a small nuggety player, in the frame of Matt Utai.
3. Paul Stephenson - Had limited game time, scored a try, thats basically all he did
4. Dane Nielsen - Looked good in attack and defence, Scored a great try
5. Fraser Anderson - A stand out player, broke the line on numerous occasions and ran the ball hard all night, has an awesome fend that flattend some oposition players
6. Brett Seymour - Was in the thick of the action in the first 2 quarters, was caught out in defence a few times, but with ball in hand he looked very dangerous.
7. Brett Kearney - Scored a try, then dropped the ball from the kick off, which led to Parra's first try, was targetted in defence, but the same as Seymour, looked good with ball in hand.
8. Ben Ross - Looked good, very fit, played basically 40 mins, was seen trying to gee the boys up when we were behind, ran the ball with no fear, looks to be near fully fit.
9. Issac De Gois - Only played 40mins, very elusive player, looked good in defence, didnt offer much in attack, apart from a few dummy half scurries
10. Jacob Selmes - Was on the end of 3 or 4 bell ringers from the oposition defence, didn't get much game time.
11. Henry Perenara - Started in the back row, moved out to the centres, and one stage to the wing, didn't see much ball, had a very quiet game.
12. Phil Leuluai - Hit the line hard, bad game with his hands, dropped the ball on numerous occations.
13. Cameron Ciraldo - Just a typical Ciraldo game, hard hits, looked soft in attack, he did thow an awesome flick pass to Anderson to set up the Nielsen try, but tried it again and threw it over the touch line.

Reserves
2. Matt Raftery - Only saw about 10 mins of game time, didn't have an oppertunity to do anything.
14. Michael Greenfield - Dropped the ball with his first touch back in Sharks colours, was solid in attack, soft in defence
15. Scotty Porter - Great to see him back at the Sharks, had the last 10 mins on the field, his kicking game was pretty impressive
16. Travis Robinson - Played fullback when Cooper was moved into the centres, looked dreadfull at the back, dropped one ball and thumbled a couple of others.
18. Brett Finn - Got about 40 mins, did some good things in attack and defence.
19. Dane Weston - Had limited game time, can put a hit on.
20. Leonard Ropeta - Got about 5mins, didn't have time to shine.
22. Sitaleki Timani - Star had a solid game, knocked a parra player down with one punch in a fight, offloaded the ball at wrong stages and turned over possesion, was hard to control when he ran straight.

Hope this helps people who didnt see the match.

Dread

Juniors
If I hadn't known the score already, reading those reports I might have assumed that we'd won the match.

Who f**ked up to let Parra score so many tries?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Sharkie Army Gorilla said:
I attended the match in Parkes, as did my fellow Finatics, this is what I compiled from the match

1. Dustin Cooper - Looked solid in defence, kicked 1/3, looked slow when trying to run down a player, he got him in the end but parra scored next set
23. Misi Taulapapa - Misi looked very stong in attack, Parramatta didn't attack his wing that much, started a punch up with an Eels forward, which Star Timani finished, every time he ran the ball he broke the line, he is a small nuggety player, in the frame of Matt Utai.
3. Paul Stephenson - Had limited game time, scored a try, thats basically all he did
4. Dane Nielsen - Looked good in attack and defence, Scored a great try
5. Fraser Anderson - A stand out player, broke the line on numerous occasions and ran the ball hard all night, has an awesome fend that flattend some oposition players
6. Brett Seymour - Was in the thick of the action in the first 2 quarters, was caught out in defence a few times, but with ball in hand he looked very dangerous.
7. Brett Kearney - Scored a try, then dropped the ball from the kick off, which led to Parra's first try, was targetted in defence, but the same as Seymour, looked good with ball in hand.
8. Ben Ross - Looked good, very fit, played basically 40 mins, was seen trying to gee the boys up when we were behind, ran the ball with no fear, looks to be near fully fit.
9. Issac De Gois - Only played 40mins, very elusive player, looked good in defence, didnt offer much in attack, apart from a few dummy half scurries
10. Jacob Selmes - Was on the end of 3 or 4 bell ringers from the oposition defence, didn't get much game time.
11. Henry Perenara - Started in the back row, moved out to the centres, and one stage to the wing, didn't see much ball, had a very quiet game.
12. Phil Leuluai - Hit the line hard, bad game with his hands, dropped the ball on numerous occations.
13. Cameron Ciraldo - Just a typical Ciraldo game, hard hits, looked soft in attack, he did thow an awesome flick pass to Anderson to set up the Nielsen try, but tried it again and threw it over the touch line.

Reserves
2. Matt Raftery - Only saw about 10 mins of game time, didn't have an oppertunity to do anything.
14. Michael Greenfield - Dropped the ball with his first touch back in Sharks colours, was solid in attack, soft in defence
15. Scotty Porter - Great to see him back at the Sharks, had the last 10 mins on the field, his kicking game was pretty impressive
16. Travis Robinson - Played fullback when Cooper was moved into the centres, looked dreadfull at the back, dropped one ball and thumbled a couple of others.
18. Brett Finn - Got about 40 mins, did some good things in attack and defence.
19. Dane Weston - Had limited game time, can put a hit on.
20. Leonard Ropeta - Got about 5mins, didn't have time to shine.
22. Sitaleki Timani - Star had a solid game, knocked a parra player down with one punch in a fight, offloaded the ball at wrong stages and turned over possesion, was hard to control when he ran straight.

Hope this helps people who didnt see the match.

Thanks SAG... Bit biased but nice to get a positive spin on a relatevely talentless bunch of PL players ... cheers :)

newman

First Grade
Thanks SAG. Positive as ever son.

Obviously a few problems with handling eh... And defence?

Inferno

Coach
Cheers for the review SAG.

I thought Stephenson was named in the backrow, I take it that was a mistake and he played in the centres?

Boatharbour

Juniors
I wonder what part of Isaacs game you found to
be "very elusive", as he cannot have been "very
elusive " in defence because you said he looked
good in defence, and he could not have been
"very elusive" in attack as you said he didn't
offer much in attack. Was he very elusive in
some other area of the game besides attack
and defence ?

Boatharbour said:
I wonder what part of Isaacs game you found to
be "very elusive", as he cannot have been "very
elusive " in defence because you said he looked
good in defence, and he could not have been
"very elusive" in attack as you said he didn't
offer much in attack. Was he very elusive in
some other area of the game besides attack
and defence ?

im trying to do u guys on here a favour by giving u my reports, its hard to cheer for your side and analyse the game in depth, i threw it together from what i can remember, next time i wont bother

Thomo.

First Grade
Sharkie Army Gorilla said:

did piggy riddell crashed over de gois? looked like it from the shot in the paper.

Boatharbour

Juniors
I really am sorry Sharkie Army Gorilla I was purely
being facetious. Your report was thorough and welcome
here and you did a good service to other sharks who
could not make the trip west. Were you standing with
the small group of sharks fans with all the black white
and blue colour because I came and had a chat to
you for a while .

Boatharbour said:
I really am sorry Sharkie Army Gorilla I was purely
being facetious. Your report was thorough and welcome
here and you did a good service to other sharks who
could not make the trip west. Were you standing with
the small group of sharks fans with all the black white
and blue colour because I came and had a chat to
you for a while .

yeah m8 i was there, with the guys with the flags and banners, it was just good to see some footy, i over reacted a bit to your post, but i know where u were coming from.

Macca

Coach
Ha Ha. I had cricket last weekend but we did a deal and made it a one dayer so I can make it this week.

Macca said:
Ha Ha. I had cricket last weekend but we did a deal and made it a one dayer so I can make it this week.

ah well done, i had to miss a week, but our team has 14 so it was all good, but like i said ill do my best, should be a good match, like going the centy to watch footy.