What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player scenarios

jackal

Juniors
haha - but to be realistic, as if they would develop any of their own....
waits the 'where did snowden come from' rebuttal

coolsteve

Juniors
on fox sports,think i heard it right,gallen and 6 others have get out clause in their contracts, hope they stay.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Manly are after Snowden and will probably get him now with Perry most likely off to UK.

Doesn't make sense

Perry and Matai are getting squeezed out due to cap pressure as the Beagles rush to upgrade the Hodginson's and Foran's of their world.

Snowden wouldn't come cheap.

I doubt Manly could get him under the their cap.

Have they tied up Glenn Stewart and Jason King yet?

Since 73

First Grade
can't imagine there's a heap of guys in the game who have been yearning to play under Flanaghan.

Bit like when we had George the idiot.

We had to pay double for ben Ross or buy hacks like Darren Albert or Josh Hannay.

We have to put our resources into keeping and developing our young guns and tying up the core members of our current squad.

Flanaghan's talking today about chasing a 5/8.

We have a first grade 7 in Smith.

Surely we can develop kelly, lewis or Stapo to fill the 6.

Why go chasing some 'name' who keeps getting cut from every other team he plays for like Travis burns or watts.

Barrett's a lock if he plays on.

samshark

Juniors
All guess work but there are a few possibilities.
Baz. More likely to retire now. So we need to buy a 5/8
Snowy. We wont be able to afford to keep him. it will be a $ shootout for his signature. Mid next year
Toops. Off contract end next year so will sign somewhere else mid next season.
Kelly. off contract next year.
Pomm. Will prob move on after this year.

We are going to be really struggling in the player market with an untried rookie coach.

Tupou has a four year deal to end of 2012.
Kelly has a three year deal, same.

Wobbygong

First Grade
I also heard Peter Peters say the eagles were going to throw the bank at Snowden, the sharks only have small change, he's as good as gone.

Vossy

Bench
I also heard Peter Peters say the eagles were going to throw the bank at Snowden, the sharks only have small change, he's as good as gone.

what are they going to pay him with? pies..

we have the bank, they have f**k all..

tye

Juniors
I'd like to see Matai in a sharks jersey next year, he would certainly stiffen up the defence!

Inferno

Coach
Toops is not off contract till 2012 Reefster.

I can't see us not re-signing Snowy to be honest, he's our best prop at the moment, and after Dougy and Snowy our depth and quality in props drops dramatically both in performance and salary.

Inferno

Coach

Those merkins will probably have the money as well, I think Perry is headed to the ESL.

It would KILL me if we lose Snowy to Manly. FFS there is a sh*tload of props off contract this year.

slammingsam

Juniors
If John Mannah can get back on the field he has the potential to be just as good as his brother.

I hope you guys can keep guys like Snowden and Douglas - they are the rock of your team.

tye

Juniors
you would get rid of 1 of the reserve props eg. Cordoba/Harlen & give Kade the extra cash, surely if they are going to resign him it will happen this year.

bono69

Juniors
toops signd a 5 yr deal ddnt he matai would be great but he wont come hear no1 will come hear who would want to

carinashark

First Grade
I just hope we dont go back to the old days of signing one 'name ' player to make the roster look ok. We need to keep the youth coming through. Im very depressed tho about loosing Ricky, feeling pretty sick about the future. I will be watching Redback posts 2011 just to see how wonderfull he feels then.