What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player scenarios

It would appear that way. Wolves in the house & parading on forums spreading lies,muck & disinformation

well theres alot of that.

i dunno why we are speculating about players. we wont be doing anything because of out financial position.

ricky leaving frees up only so much to keep us afloat.

Why why why

Who cares when we lose a few under him you'll want him sacked anyway.

No definately not.

I'm more concerned in seeing improvement in the team.

Signs that we are heading in the right direction.

We haven't seen that in a Stuart coach side until he resigned.

Do you think I'd be asking him to f**k off if we played like we did against Parramatta every week?

it was beautiful to watch.

That's how footy should be played.

That's what would bring the crowds back.

speaking of that who's going on saturday. Im making my second shire appearence of 2010.

ill probably make a few more. dragons game for sure.

tye

Juniors
Dane Nielson could be a handy pick up if he decides to leave the storm, not in the class of Gasnier but def a quality finisher & a whole lot cheaper.

Surely

Post Whore
Except a finisher is good but we really want someone who is going to create something himself.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No definately not.

I'm more concerned in seeing improvement in the team.

Signs that we are heading in the right direction.

We haven't seen that in a Stuart coach side until he resigned.

Do you think I'd be asking him to f**k off if we played like we did against Parramatta every week?

it was beautiful to watch.

That's how footy should be played.

That's what would bring the crowds back.

Who coached the team against Parramatta last week DS?

So Ferrous you are saying that the players coached themselves. ARe you on record saying this?

I can't be on record as I wasn't there and neither were you.

All I know is that Gallen has been saying for weeks that they have been held back from playing their natural game.

Stuart handed in his resignation on Thursday so he could hardly give a f**k anymore so he said go and have fun and throw the ball around.

Surprise surprise players like Tupou played one of their better games since coming to the Club.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Stuart handed in his resignation on Thursday so he could hardly give a f**k anymore so he said go and have fun and throw the ball around.

So what did he say to Flanno who controlled the interchange against NEwcastle?
And can you post the audio of Ricky saying "have some fun" "throw the ball around"

Or are you not only a cancer, but a lying cancerous merkin?

So what did he say to Flanno who controlled the interchange against NEwcastle?
And can you post the audio of Ricky saying "have some fun" "throw the ball around"

Or are you not only a cancer, but a lying cancerous merkin?

I like when you get angry.

Too funny!!

:lol:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I'm not angry? Nice avoidance of the question. The forum can accept that comment as a lie & no such thing was said or reported.
Same game Sticky based plan as all year, with a few variations around the fringes & heaps better execution , commitment & completions.

I'm not angry? Nice avoidance of the question. The forum can accept that comment as a lie & no such thing was said or reported.
Same game Sticky based plan as all year, with a few variations around the fringes & heaps better execution , commitment & completions.

Well the forum disagrees with you.

re: poll on did we change tactics and playing style on Saturday night.

Even commentators and journo's have been saying why the f**k did it take so long to play entertaining footy.

Our completions and execution were not much different.

Compare the stats to other games.

But because we were attacking minded the f**k ups didn't matter.

Inferno

Coach
I disagree with both of you. Ricky claims credit for the plan

No link, but take my word for it, 2nd back page of the leader says

Outgoing coach Ricky Stuart said part of his team's plan was to move Parramatta's big forwards around the field.

"We wanted to throw the ball around and have a pass for a pass," Stuart said. "We wanted t make sure we were running them around. It just created more work for them in defence."

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I disagree with both of you. Ricky claims credit for the plan

No link, but take my word for it, 2nd back page of the leader says
Hang on a second there. I said there was variations to the same game plan. Those variations were clearly, on the fringes.
At any rate, it was smart work.

Frailty

First Grade
So at what point is a 'variation' of a game plan a different game plan Reefy?

Attacking the fringes and throwing the ball around is a much different plan to hitting up the guts and holding on the ball - restricting 2nd phase play.

As for you calling anyone a lying merkin, perhaps it is time you look at yourself when you put that label anywhere. You said Ricky was about to extend his contract, but then after he resigns you claimed you were just trying to put the fire up some posters. This is very similar to when you kept saying Kimmorley would be sacked/dropped in round 4, 5, 6 in 2007 and 2008. You, amongst all the other posters, have been one of the most deceitful posters in this forum.

I don't know who devised the game plan on Saturday, but I was genuinely happy to see that play, and even if Ricky said 'throw the ball around and have fun' I would be happy to keep him there. Players play better when they have fun. They don't need to coached the skills, they should already have them.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So at what point is a 'variation' of a game plan a different game plan Reefy?.
Its called an off season, where the entire structures are put together. Did you see any player playing in a different position? toops on the right? Fergo on the Right? Morris at 5/8?
No, we played the same plan we have been playing for 3 years with just another variation.
It kind quite sad really that people in a football forum think that;
1) the players have taken control of the club(its a beauty , I know. Thnks Redders)
2) that Flanno only coaches when we win
3) That Flanno can coach by remote control from origin
4) that something that took an entire offseason to build just gets thrown out prior to game time & something else is invented & put in its place. Or that game plans are jsut interchangeable amongst teams players & clubs.

Tell me Frailty, did u notice the change in the defensive teams the other night? there was one major variation in our defensive game plan. What was it?

The Dodger

First Grade
We pushed forward in defense runnin out from the line instead of holding back and allowing them room tomove around.

Where's my badge?

Frailty

First Grade
Its called an off season, where the entire structures are put together. Did you see any player playing in a different position? toops on the right? Fergo on the Right? Morris at 5/8?
No, we played the same plan we have been playing for 3 years with just another variation.
It kind quite sad really that people in a football forum think that;
1) the players have taken control of the club(its a beauty , I know. Thnks Redders)
2) that Flanno only coaches when we win
3) That Flanno can coach by remote control from origin
4) that something that took an entire offseason to build just gets thrown out prior to game time & something else is invented & put in its place. Or that game plans are jsut interchangeable amongst teams players & clubs.

Tell me Frailty, did u notice the change in the defensive teams the other night? there was one major variation in our defensive game plan. What was it?

But Reefy you are missing the point and trying to turn on issue onto the stupid arguments of others (see your list).

Game plan variations would be slight tweaking to an existing game plan. I mean, variation even implies it is different, but we will neglect this issue.

Our attack had a different structure and different aim - a different game plan.
Our defence, again, had a different aim and structure.

I believe these differences were played to our strengths. We did not play in the same style as we have in the last 10 weeks, and we aimed for different goals. This weeks goal was to run the forwards around, and I hope that we continue with that plan, until oppositions can defend it - then the game plan will need to change.

Game plans change all season Reefy, and are not set in stone at the start of the year. And this is one of the criticisms Stuart received - he didn't change game plans throughout his tenure. The game plan worked in 2008, but it didn't in 2009 and he tried the same style. 2010 he did try to change but it didn't work - until Parramatta when he changed the game plan again - and it worked.

We are getting into semantics in this argument. I see a game plan that is something that is dynamic. It is constantly changing and evolving and adapting. But it does not mean it is the same game plan. It changes and becomes different. You, however, see it is the core structure to a team - who is in what position. This, to me, is different.

Either way, either of us can not deny the style of play was much more attractive than what it has been - with even opposition supporters throughout the NRL commenting on how good it was.

The Dodger

First Grade
one thing i noticed is that the second or thrid play of each set, instead of one out passing then runnint at the line, they went two out and ran at the line which seemed to confuse them quite a bit.

they did this which shows that there was obviously a game plan.