What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players for 2008 who have "Jumped the Shark"

Avenger

Immortal
Luke Rooney

Brent Sherwin

Josh Perry

Matt Utai

Matthew Head

Brett Firman

Brett Kimmorley

Craig Gower

Andrew Ryan

LeagueNut

First Grade
Inferno said:
What the hell happened to Rubes, he was playing like a man possessed last year. He was unstoppable.
A persistent rib injury has a lot to do with it. He still has the odd "possessed" game, but they're few and far between these days.

Personally I think his best contribution to the club for next year and beyond could be from the sidelines.

Munky

Coach
Phillips said:
most of the panthers 03 side..

For sure, only Waterhouse has shown good form this year.

Even the players at other clubs turned to rubbish, Presto and Fatz are useless now.

skeepe

Immortal
Nathan Hindmarsh. Although that would imply that he was ever good to begin with.

Billy Slater.

Butters

Bench
Billy Slater

Are you serious? I just read in the courier mail today that he tops the kick return metres at 1618m, with Brett Stewart at 1200ish and Matt Bowen in the 800's.

skeepe

Immortal
Butters said:
Are you serious? I just read in the courier mail today that he tops the kick return metres at 1618m, with Brett Stewart at 1200ish and Matt Bowen in the 800's.

True, I just think he's losing some of his brilliance and replacing it with thuggery.

Besides, basing how good a player is purely on kick returns, then Denan Kemp's average of 120.5m per game would make him the best fullback in the world. It's the whole package, and I honestly think Slater is dipping.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ruben Wiki (sadly)
Logan Swann
Grant Rovelli (although hopefully that was actually just second year syndrome)

parra pete

Referee
Mark O'Meley..definitely. He is the shadow of the feared player he once was..
Once was good, now........

Misty Bee

First Grade
I guess you could list any player over 27 in the NRL. Therefore Hindy, Lockyer Bedsy et al.

The trick is to pick the young 'uns. Scott Cramm jumped the shark after 15 first grade games.

Therefore, I'll nominate cutie.

Latest posts