What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players most overrated by their own fans

Vic Mackey

Referee
If anything soward is under rated now. Yes he was over rated at saints but his 2014 season was his best by some margain, and with very little support. Hopefully he keeps it up and is playing for nsw in that form this year.

Moylan I tend to agree, fantastic young player no doubt, but still a but off being a representative player IMO

Apey

Staff member
Lord Waqa Blake, Duke of Penrith, Viscount of the West; the most highly touted youngster since Raiders fans were labelling Matt Gaffa as the second coming of Harold Horder.

Based on Panthers fans stratospheric levels of worship and praise for His Royal Highness Waqa Blake, I fully expect that by the end of 2015 he will usurp Sione Mata'utia as the youngest Kangaroos debutant. Dave Smith would be looking over his shoulder too. Hell, Norm Provan's record of 10 Premierships may be beaten by Waqa the Usurper in 2015 alone.

The next time I visit Penrith - always high on my trip advisor list - I fully expect to see more statues of His Holiness Waqa Blake than the average North Korean would see of Kim Il Sung during their lifetime.

Your butthurt over the Panthers doing well last year is something to behold :lol:

soc123_au

Staff member
Waqa Blake has his own postcode now. He is bigger than Rooty Hill RSL. Captain, Coach & CEO by June. I shit you not, he is that good.

rooster25

Juniors
Yeah, he's no doubt the next Brad Fittler. Hopefully we don't lose this one to some soul-less money club with no juniors.

Still hurts doesn't it! Oh well your club made the greedy choice for Super League..thanks to that Freddy became a Roosters legend

Parra

Referee
Yeah, he's no doubt the next Brad Fittler. Hopefully we don't lose this one to some soul-less money club with no juniors.

Soul-less? Your club bailed out for a few short term bucks. You should kiss the ground every time you enter an NRL match and thank the benevolence of the ARL clubs that allowed your colours to ever appear again.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Robbie Farah. He's a great player and all but he isn't as great as he and some of his fans proclaim him to be.

Blues Riff

Bench
Soul-less? Your club bailed out for a few short term bucks. You should kiss the ground every time you enter an NRL match and thank the benevolence of the ARL clubs that allowed your colours to ever appear again.

Maybe my club didn't feel like waiting around for it's yearly invitation from the archaic administration. Every player and club had a decision to make.
Maybe you should kiss the arse of the clubs who lifted the sport out of the dark ages ;-)
Please don't tell me Fittler's exit had anything to do with him taking the moral high ground :roll:
Would you still be supporting the Parra/Penrith Slime-cats? A team made up of plumbers and concreters :lol:

winnyason

Juniors
About the only people that don't feel that way are idiot roosters fans fitter should be a penrith legend not the cappuccino boys.
It is common knowledge uncle nick loves the brown paper bag with cash for bonuses.

Lucky let's talk 2013 grand final shall we was shayne hayne on the payroll at bondi, how forward was that pass?

Dogs - Jackson
Sharks - ?
Raiders - Crocker, Wighton
Tigers - Brooks, Moses
Eagles - Buhrer
Souths - Johnstone, Reynolds, Clarke
Dragons - nightingale, de belin
Eels - Morgan, mannah
Knights - McManus, rochow, snowden
Panthers - mansour, Cartwright, Taylor
Roosters - Cordner
Broncos - whoever they've signed for the next season
Storm - ?
Cowboys - cooper
Warriors - Manu, Tompkins
Titans - ?

Knights fans hardly rate Snowden at all.

watcher

Juniors
I will go for Greg Bird, a grubby hollywood throwing cheat onfield and a woman beating drunken piece of shit off field

Snappy

Coach
Lord Waqa Blake, Duke of Penrith, Viscount of the West; the most highly touted youngster since Raiders fans were labelling Matt Gaffa as the second coming of Harold Horder.

Based on Panthers fans stratospheric levels of worship and praise for His Royal Highness Waqa Blake, I fully expect that by the end of 2015 he will usurp Sione Mata'utia as the youngest Kangaroos debutant. Dave Smith would be looking over his shoulder too. Hell, Norm Provan's record of 10 Premierships may be beaten by Waqa the Usurper in 2015 alone.

The next time I visit Penrith - always high on my trip advisor list - I fully expect to see more statues of His Holiness Waqa Blake than the average North Korean would see of Kim Il Sung during their lifetime.

Tautau Moga ring a bell ?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Of course, Tatau the Terrible, Moga the Merciful.

Two ACLs in consecutive seasons for the great one. So hardly his fault that he's had a slow start to his NRL career.

Noname36

First Grade
Knights fans hardly rate Snowden at all.

I rate Snowden when he gets himself up to fitness by mid-way through the season. Not because I think he's spectacular...but more in a "he's the best prop we've got" kinda way which is pretty depressing.

For Knights fans I think Clydesdale is overrated. Sure he's only young and easing into FG but he hasn't shown much yet to warrant some of the wraps. Chanel Mata'utia too. Getting hype based on his brother when in reality most wingers could do what he did at the end of last season.

For other clubs the ones that pop into my mind first are:

Boyd Cordner for the Roosters
Cornish and Wighton for the Raiders
Luke Keary for Souths
Luke Brooks for the Tigers
Pretty much anyone that played in Penrith's 2014 squad you'd think was set to become an immortal.

Latest posts