What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

players off contract.

shiftysmith

Juniors
sorry to ask but can some one let me know where the thread is that has the list off players off contract at the end of 06 thanks

Hellsy

Immortal
Hmmm.. can't help you with the thread, but most of the squad is off contract, with the exception of Hindy, Caylo, Tahu and a handful others.

I think the total is 20 of our first grade squad off contract

eloquentEEL

First Grade
one for the conspiracy theorists... did Smithy deliberately set it up so that most of the squad comes off contract when he does?

Hellsy

Immortal
Quite possibly.......

We need someone like Colonel to come in.

I had a list awhile ago but I have lost it in the mess that I call my bedroom

paulb88

Juniors
Found this in another thread...

1. Mckinnon

2. Burt

3. Delaney

4. Williams

5. Morris

6. Ben Smith

7. Afamasanga

8. Cannings

9. Moi Moi

10. O'Dwyer (gone )

11. Stringer

12. Peterson (gone)

13. Marcus Perenara

14. Henry Perenara

15. Peek

16. Robinson

17. Jeremy Smith

18. Blake Green

19. Ash Graham

20. Widders.

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah that sounds about right, I think a few more of our juniors are off contract as well

rowdy

First Grade
i am worried about this. too many all at the same time...perhaps it will make everyone play better as our whole team will pretty much be playing for a contract.

Avenger

Immortal
paulb88 said:
Found this in another thread...

1. Mckinnon

2. Burt

3. Delaney

4. Williams

5. Morris

6. Ben Smith

7. Afamasanga

8. Cannings

9. Moi Moi

10. O'Dwyer (gone )

11. Stringer

12. Peterson (gone)

13. Marcus Perenara

14. Henry Perenara

15. Peek

16. Robinson

17. Jeremy Smith

18. Blake Green

19. Ash Graham

20. Widders.

The ones in bold I would keep. I think that Kurt Gidley may be keen to move on. Mullen is regarded as the long term number 6 ( he recently re-signed) and with Johns signing for another 2 years, the writing is on the wall for Kurt.

Now a question to forum members:

Is Kurt Gidley better then John Morris? I think they are about even.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Under Smith, Kidley may have had some room for improvement, but if he comes with Hagan he'd be the same player and need to develop new combinations. They're about even but because Morris has already developed the combos, he'd probably be the wiser pick if you had a choice. then again, by the end of this year things could be different.

Once Kris keating comes on to the seen we will be saying Moriss who?? Gidley who?? Don't forget also that we have Blake Green who hopefully can come good at 5/8.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Gidley is quicker and has a longer kicking game then Morris.

I assume you mean Kurt not Matt??...if it's Kurt, and he was at our club now, he'd be our best option at five eight, that's why if there's a player i'm keen to snare from Hages men, it would be Kurt, Simpson would be a second choice.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Once Kris keating comes on to the seen we will be saying Moriss who?? Gidley who?? Don't forget also that we have Blake Green who hopefully can come good at 5/8.

in reality Jake, we're not guarenteed that Kris and Blake will kick on, they may well do but we're about 2 or 3 seasons away from finding out.

Latest posts