What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

players off contract.

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
I assume you mean Kurt not Matt??...if it's Kurt, and he was at our club now, he'd be our best option at five eight, that's why if there's a player i'm keen to snare from Hages men, it would be Kurt, Simpson would be a second choice.
Of course. My tip is that Kurt will come to the Eels in 2007. ;-)

Avenger

Immortal
My mate at the club rates Keating a better prospect then Green. I must say that I have never seen Keating play.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Can we swap and get Simpson instead? ;-)

I wouldn't say no to either, but don't you think we're lacking in that special player in 6 to compliment Tim at Half?

If I see a problem with our season other than injuries it's the lack of a quality, geunine five-eight.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
I wouldn't say no to either, but don't you think we're lacking in that special player in 6 to compliment Tim at Half?

If I see a problem with our season other than injuries it's the lack of a quality, geunine five-eight.

Give Jeremy Smith a go at it. He looks a better option at 5/8 than Morris.

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:

So Gidley solves that how exactly? Good player but I'm not of the opinion he is a five eight. Fullback, centre or at lock and he did well at half when Johns was out - utility value is good but I think he is a similar player to Morris.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
So Gidley solves that how exactly? Good player but I'm not of the opinion he is a five eight. Fullback, centre or at lock and he did well at half when Johns was out - utility value is good but I think he is a similar player to Morris.

come on Colonel, he's got a better all round game than John IMO. more creative, speed and better kicking game. John does get him on the tough factor.

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
come on Colonel, he's got a better all round game than John IMO. more creative, speed and better kicking game. John does get him on the tough factor.

Not sure about creativity. Kicking game and speed now doubt are much better but he is a utility player first and foremost IMO and not someone you base the attack around with Smith. Injuries have soured his career a bit and that too worries me that a player like Marcus who looks a better option may end up at another club or filling in when Kurt is out. There have been enough players through the club who have been walking injuries just waiting to happen.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
no kurt gidley, he's crap IMO and im not listening to my boyfriend carry on about how we steal their players :(

Colonel,

I don't think Marcus is a 5/8. He is not the quickest player and I just think his game is suited to the No.7. I'd give feleti and jeremy smith shot beofre Marcus.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Not sure about creativity. Kicking game and speed now doubt are much better but he is a utility player first and foremost IMO and not someone you base the attack around with Smith. Injuries have soured his career a bit and that too worries me that a player like Marcus who looks a better option may end up at another club or filling in when Kurt is out. There have been enough players through the club who have been walking injuries just waiting to happen.

but if you want to talk about injury prone players, Marcus has had a very disruptive career due to injuries aswell, but in syaing that I'm not ruling any of our boys out for that five-eight spot I'm simply that imo, if Kurt was at the club now he'd probably be a better option than our main man, Morris..by June of this year we may be in a position where we may have to choose between three firstgraders who could do the job at 6, then Kurt is completely out of the equation alltogether

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
feleti mateo bugs me

how can everyone rave about him when noone has seen him play in 2 years!

Stagger eel

Staff member
JessEel said:
feleti mateo bugs me

how can everyone rave about him when noone has seen him play in 2 years!

yeah! true, we can only go by constant inside reports saying that he's reved up this year, but I think he has to prove it to us first, It's really frustrating, because everyone knows what he's capable of doing on the field, he just needs to realise it, and then put a little more into it.

Latest posts