What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player's Tattoos

nqcowboy87

Bench
I was watching the Qld Cup game today on TV...noticed Mark Leafa was playing ( former Souths player )...anyone seen his thighs ! covered in some cultural thing.

Hope i can find a pic..

yeh its traditional, its called a pe'a, but he must have only gotten it recently as he didnt have it back in 05 with leigh

52958185.jpg

md_DEVVTWE-SP22JPG.jpg

but with tattoos sure if its traditionasl like sbw or leafas ive got no problem, its guys like carney, tim smith, mat rogers and trent hodkinson who have their entire arms tattooedd in random junk, i mean how stupid are they going to feel when their 97 and getting spongebathed with flames tattooed down their arms (although in hgih school i thought they where pretty cool).

Joker's Wild

Coach
As if you're going to give a flying f**k what your skin looks like when your 97, or 67 for that matter.

BTW, that MRI thing posted previously was busted by myth busters ages ago. The radiation from a MRI machine has zero effect on a tatooed area.

davi

Juniors
I never understood some of these footballers getting a tattoo on their neck. They have to realize that their not going to play football forever and will need to go out and get a job. Apparently that way of thinking is now starting to catch on with some of these players.

"SYDNEY’S leading tattoo removalist has revealed he has already been contacted by NRL players wanting to have inkings removed.

Having already removed 4000 tattoos since opening Think Again Laser Clinic in Rozelle, 18 months ago, Mike Anderson said Reni Maitua’s neck tattoo removal would prompt other NRL players to have the procedure.

“We have done a lot of models and actors in the past,’’ Anderson said

“And now it is sports people. Reni is our first NRL player but I have already had an inquiry from another.’’

Anderson is booked out with up to 60 tattoo removal sessions a week and will soon expand his business.

“We were one of the first tattoo removalists in Sydney,’’ Anderson said

“We have done more than 4000 treatments now. Everyone has their own reason but the biggest factor is just that they change their mind.”

“They say that you change your mind on most things in eight years and that includes tattoos.’’

Anderson said a tattoo could take up to 60 weeks to remove.

“It takes between three and 10 sessions to remove a tattoo with six weeks in between each session. Everybody and every tattoo is different.

“We don’t know how long it will take because it depends on that person’s lymphatic system.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k/news-story/bc441aed55fa30342d162f6229b4b2ac

Spot On

Coach
Simply lol at that story.

Did he really have to turn 34 before he thought about these things? FFS.

Amazing how many people follow trends/fads for ...... some reason?????

Edwahu

Bench
The funniest thing is how there was no back story to most of them. Why get a giant tattoo of the Virgin Mary if you aren't even religious?

Timbo

Staff member
I wish I could go back in time and tell 16 year old me to take up tattoo removal after school.

I'd be writing this from my Point Piper mansion.