What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player's Tattoos

sooperdooper

First Grade
It makes me feel physically sick when I see players lying down on the ground milking penalties like spoilt little boys in a sandpit.

Have you noticed that alot of the white boys are now starting to talk like Jonah out of Summer Heights High, so small is their brainpower and imagination.

All the Polenisian boys are inked up, so lets get inked up too and while we're at it, lets start talking like them too.

see i laugh at all the people who think oh it is sweet for polys to get tatts but no one else.
Alot of poly boys get tatts just to 'look good' as well. as much as white boys...
people get them as they want to

shinobi

Juniors
see i laugh at all the people who think oh it is sweet for polys to get tatts but no one else.
Alot of poly boys get tatts just to 'look good' as well. as much as white boys...
people get them as they want to

This is partly true. Traditional tattooing is usually around the waist and thighs. Or for Maori it was on the face. About 10-15 years ago arm bands were the in thing then the whole sleeve thing came in and you notice the tattoos started creeping further and further down the arms to be more visible. All good though nothing wrong with being proud of where your from besides even if they are traditional they were done to make oneself more attractive or to 'look good'.

wittyfan

Referee
One of the worst in the NRL

95027706.jpg

shiznit

Coach
This is partly true. Traditional tattooing is usually around the waist and thighs. Or for Maori it was on the face. About 10-15 years ago arm bands were the in thing then the whole sleeve thing came in and you notice the tattoos started creeping further and further down the arms to be more visible. All good though nothing wrong with being proud of where your from besides even if they are traditional they were done to make oneself more attractive or to 'look good'.
Tradition evolves... Ta Moko evolves as our culture evolves... it has to evolve to stay alive...

it was also tradition to use hand tools... and from all accounts its f*cking painful as hell.... if our rangatira had the choice to use the quick electric machine they would have jumped at the chance.

in 100 years time our descendants will be getting some weird variation of our Ta Moko... but as long as they keep the Kaupapa right it wont matter...

shinobi

Juniors
Tradition evolves... Ta Moko evolves as our culture evolves... it has to evolve to stay alive...

it was also tradition to use hand tools... and from all accounts its f*cking painful as hell.... if our rangatira had the choice to use the quick electric machine they would have jumped at the chance.

in 100 years time our descendants will be getting some weird variation of our Ta Moko... but as long as they keep the Kaupapa right it wont matter...

Yeah true well they switched from bone to iron pretty quickly.

I guess the problem is the kaupapa some are no more that squiggly lines with no meaning.

dribblers09

Juniors
All those bitches out there who think Tats are sh*t,pointless,no meaning, etc can all faaaaark off. Shove your opinions up your cake hole and go back to drinking milk off your mums teets. Those who dont have tats will never understand why those that do have them get them, so dont try. just faaaaark off.

God-King Dean

Immortal
For something that's so personel, you sure give a sh*t what people think. :lol:

Nah, but seriously, how much did your barbed wire tattoo cost ?

rickyg.01427

Juniors
I know this is pretty much dead thread but I have seen Michael Sullivans tattoo and I like it but what does it say and mean I think it might be greek but I aint sure.