What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players we should target

aussies1st

Staff member
Main worry with Finch is everytime he goes to halfback hes been booted from his club. Cronk should be our must buy.

I dont think the Storm will let Cronk go , I reckon Lima, Finch and Slater will be the ones to free up space.

Kimmorley is winding down , he would only be a stop gap like Smith was.

Scott Dureau would be a realistic target, he is behind Mullen at Knights and they are also looking into Barba. If he wants a FG shot we could provide that for him.

aussies1st

Staff member
Dureau has a spot at the Knights, he might have got injured at the wrong time though as Ben Rogers played well in his place but he definitely wouldn't be moving because of being stuck behind anyone. Although given the Knights are chasing Barba they might have lost confidence in him, maybe a chance of scenery is what Dureau needs.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Barba would be a nice pickup. To be honest campo is getting away by doing nothing as everyone is blaming the half back.. Campo on 500k should play to his value.

aussies1st

Staff member
Would like to see how he goes with a proper halfback before going full throttle on him. Barba would be awesome, love watching him play, hes a try scoring freak.

sydraider

First Grade
Whats the deal with Barba?

I have a mate who is a bulldog fan asking me if we have signed him, Im still baffled as to where he eard it from.

Whats the deal with Barba?

I have a mate who is a bulldog fan asking me if we have signed him, Im still baffled as to where he eard it from.

There was an article saying that he wants regular FG time and with Kimmorley almost signing on again he is lesss likely to get it. There were 2 teams mentioned the Knights and another , not us though. But the article also stated his preference was to stay at the Dogs.

Whats in the media doesnt always ring true.

There was this in an article on the Tele website

Vultures move in to snare champs
By Josh Massoud and David Riccio

Props Aiden Tolman, Jeff Lima and Ryan Tandy are among the free agents, while it's understood Slater has an option in his contract, which expires in 2012.

Canterbury and Canberra have both been in negotiations with Lima and Tolman, while Newcastle - one of the few NRL clubs with cap space this year after the release of Danny Wicks and Chris Houston - could also be a factor.

However, the Storm players want to stick together

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5857786611

Cryptic

Juniors
"Vultures move in to snare champs"? lol.... Go the media... I've got no issues against Melbourne or their supporters EXCEPT the idiots who actually try to defend what they have done or somehow try to put it in a good light... These "Vultures" are taking players the Storm shouldn't have even had and SAVING the club from needing to pay for contracts they really can't afford anymore...

aussies1st

Staff member
From what I'm reading Barba is about to re-sign with the Dogs for 2 years and they may have picked up Beau Henry.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
possibly its a fact Raiders Management have never realised, but the salary cap is for the players, the great clubs out there dont spend all there time developing players.. they spend it on GREAT coaches, Great trainers, Medical teams and maximising the $3million or so of that salary cap.

The Raiders choose NOTTTT!!! to keep Neil Henry.. as they dont want to pay.. they choose NOTTT!! to even bother to try get a coach like a Brian Smith... .they get David Furner.... it seems they are penny wise and pound foolish..

Anyway. if Craig Bellamy has any intent on leaving Storm... the Raiders should be a mortgage out on the leagues club and give him everything.. if the Raiders got soemone like that to our club.... i think our future prospects would flip around...a great coach can turn a Herbert or a Mccrone into Johns or Kimmorley... all a Furner can do is find a way to lose all the confidence those two kids have... look at what Bennett did to Soward, or Bellamy to Cronk..... its so clear the importance of a special coach.. i hope Raiders mgmt know that...

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
There was an article saying that he wants regular FG time and with Kimmorley almost signing on again he is lesss likely to get it. There were 2 teams mentioned the Knights and another , not us though. But the article also stated his preference was to stay at the Dogs.

Whats in the media doesnt always ring true.

Yeah its the Knights and the Cowboys who are interested in Ben Barba.

cucuboth

Juniors
Maybe we should have a go at the halfback at the Warriors. Maloney? Dunno what his contract situation is though. He's young, but he looks better than what we've got right now. Or how about Porter from the Sharks? But I don't think we'll lure any player away from a Sydney team.

As for a No.9. I dunno!