What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players who missed out on Grand Final winning teams due to injury/suspension...

Snoz

Juniors
jim serdaris got suspended in game before g/f in 1997

blocker got suspended but flew over to england and played and served suspension over there from memory

simon says

First Grade
he played in UK but the NRL vetoed it and he couldnt play.

MAde a big difference in the GF,we really missed him.

flamin

Juniors
Jordan said:
Grand final winning teams. I truely hope for his sake that the Storm lose on Sunday. I'd be disapointed for Michael to see him miss out on a premiership under such circumstances :sarcasm:

*cough*go the broncos*cough* :p

Wouldn't he be happier if the storm won? Wouldn't you be happier if your team won even though you couldn't play because of injury? Maybe not.

I guess there'd would be a lot of mixed emotions for him if that was the case.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Lomax 94, got sent off against Norths the week before for a swinging arm I think it was.

Serdaris 97 for Manly, I think it was a spear tackle against the Roosters the week before.

Steve Price in 2004 I thought was unlucky, but the Bulldogs did well to win without him on the night.

Ricketson almost did in 2002, he was ruled out, but then had one more training sessions and they gave him the thumbs up.

What about Brett Dallas 1995 for the Bulldogs I think it was? Was he injured late in the season.

JJ

Immortal
PARRA_FAN said:
Ricketson almost did in 2002, he was ruled out, but then had one more training sessions and they gave him the thumbs up.

John Cartwright, Brad Izzard and Mark Geyer all nearly missed 91, I think.

Geyer wore a special boot for his ankle, and was devastating - what a wasted talent

Hoss and Izzard started off the bench, I think Hoss' back was pretty ordinary by all accounts

Quigs

Immortal
Mark Schulman -- the little Stains Halfback. Career ending neck injury 1977.

One of Baths Babes... the team allowed him to sit on the bench in his gear during the GF although he had buckleys ( Not Bill ) of playing.

Felt sorry for the little bloke. Even if he was a Stain George man. It was the Stains last GF victory. What was that --- 29 years ago or what ever.

'how brilliant is old Quigs? 29 years later and I still can produce a piccy.
p-23-7.jpg

Harry Bath, the old Fox and Mark Schulman celebrate the Dragons win (How could I possibly post good news about the enemy)

C'mon Preach, can you trump that ????

Cheers
Quigs

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Mentioned on NRL fox, Petero Civoniceva missed the 2000 GF. Not sure when the injury occured though, mightve been earlier in the season.

Chad Robinson in 2002, in fact 2 years in a row, 2001 (Parra lost that tho :( ) and 2002, wouldve played if Ricketson was ruled out, then he had two losing Grand Finals to Penrith and Bulldogs.

Mr Saab

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
Mentioned on NRL fox, Petero Civoniceva missed the 2000 GF. Not sure when the injury occured though, mightve been earlier in the season.

He broke his arm some weeks before the GF