What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you miss playing at your club.

BranVan3000

Coach
i honestly don't think you will miss Taylor. The style McGuire is bringing in (tough and no nonsense) doesn't suit Taylor. In comes Ben Te'o and Jeff Lima. 2 tough hardworking footballers that a Bellamy like coach would attract. Taylor will flourish in Goldy but you won't miss him as i think Te'o is a much better fit for your club than Dave is.

8. Roy Asotasi
9. Isaac Luke
10. Jeff Lima
11. Sam Burgess
12. Ben Te'o
13. Michael Crocker

14. George Burgess
15. Luke Burgess
16. Chris McQueen
17. David Tyrrell

Bench is a bit thin with quality front rowers although i rate Luke Burgess. McQueen is a handy backrow/backline replacement

Your best buy for 2013 imo is Goodwin. Reliable winger to have and can kick goals too. Experienced head on his shoulders.

Replace Luke with Cam Smith and that is a very Melbourne Storm like pack. Hard working pack with no 'world beaters' just a reliable pack to get the platform going for the backs to do their thing. You might see Sutton on the bench if Keary takes a shot with both hands.
I agree with you, but Taylor is just a unique player that is great to watch and I'll miss him for that. I think our pack is great, Teo is a great addition and Lima is the workhorse up the middle we've been lacking.

Our forward depth is quite underrated IMO, our pack rolled over many teams in the competition with both Asotasi and Geddes out all of last year. Guys like Clark, McQueen and Peats have a lot of starch, good team players and motivators and are underrated. They will probably all be featured in the squad off he bench. These guys are all a year older now and better for it. There is a lot of competition for spots in our forward pack. Is easy to forget we have guys like Ben Lowe who was 18th man for QLD two years go. And the Bears came first or second in NSW Cup last year. George Burgess will be next years big thing IMO. He was close this year, he cracked the squad and the only reason he didn't feature the rest of the year was because of a freak stomach injury. I remember he put some serious dents into the Knights. We are Melbourne like, a lot of our pack is underrated but if you take a closer look you see how well they get the job done.

I disagree on Goodwin. I think he is a defensive liability, and we need centres not wingers. I consider him an odd signing. But on the other hand we dropped Tabouli Talanoa for Goodwin so that's an upgrade

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
I agree with you, but Taylor is just a unique player that is great to watch and I'll miss him for that. I think our pack is great, Teo is a great addition and Lima is the workhorse up the middle we've been lacking.

Our forward depth is quite underrated IMO, our pack rolled over many teams in the competition with both Asotasi and Geddes out all of last year. Guys like Clark, McQueen and Peats have a lot of starch, good team players and motivators and are underrated. They will probably all be featured in the squad off he bench. These guys are all a year older now and better for it. There is a lot of competition for spots in our forward pack. Is easy to forget we have guys like Ben Lowe who was 18th man for QLD two years go. And the Bears came first or second in NSW Cup last year. George Burgess will be next years big thing IMO. He was close this year, he cracked the squad and the only reason he didn't feature the rest of the year was because of a freak stomach injury. I remember he put some serious dents into the Knights. We are Melbourne like, a lot of our pack is underrated but if you take a closer look you see how well they get the job done.

I disagree on Goodwin. I think he is a defensive liability, and we need centres not wingers. I consider him an odd signing. But on the other hand we dropped Tabouli Talanoa for Goodwin so that's an upgrade

Good wins experience is what will be invaluable for you guys come to the pointy end of the season. You have Matt king who is a good defender who can sit inside him. I think he will surprise you. I've always liked Goodwin as a no frills winger like burty

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I miss Preston Campbell, Ryan Girdler and Scotty Saddler.

I also miss Rugby League that wasn't all about the money.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Current Players
N/A

Former Players
Andrew Johns
Ben Kennedy
Paul Harrogan
Matt Parsons
Matthew Gidley

Iafeta

Referee
Easily the player though I most miss in a Warriors jumper - the late Sonny Fai. Rest in peace Son.

captainwarrior

Juniors
I agree with Iafeta. Sonny Fai could of been a mean player and it's sad he passed. RIP mate

Onto other players, the easy ones for me:

Sione Faumuina
Clinton Toopi
Francis Meli
Clinton Toopi
Stacey Jones
Ruben Wiki
Henry Fa'afili

The way PJ Marsh was treated was awful. And he would of played for the Warriors a lot longer had he not gotten injured. So he'd be on my list too.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Of the current players:

Lyon of course, probably the best NSW Centre and not playing Origin
Also Tahu, if he gets back to 2005-07 form
Mateo, cause we dont have anybody with an offload ability
Kingston, now nothing against Keating hes a good player, but Kingston adds that extra spark from dummy half which is important in the game when the forwards are getting tired and we need good metres. He played a huge role in our 2009 final series.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Easily the player though I most miss in a Warriors jumper - the late Sonny Fai. Rest in peace Son.

Couldn't agree more he was an amazing kid, on and off the field. RIP.

Also one player I really miss is Henry Fa'afili, used to love having him on the wing and seeing those post try celebrations. Wasn't an awful winger either. The Meli-Fa'afili combo was great entertainment.

Another one would be Brent Webb.

Latest posts