What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing strips for next season

coolumsharkie

Referee
Does anyone know if there will be any theme week this year? Surely not the 60's?

They have played a match in a jersey that was a remake of the first one they played in back in the sixties.

Almost faded blue with grey from memory... looked the goods.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah I think you can mate... McSharkie had the details last time.

I think we played the Dragons I know it was at Shark Park and I also know we smashed 'em!

I'll do a google and try and find you a picture.

coolumsharkie

Referee
The first one.. don't know where i got the grey.. looks great though.
sharksjerseys.jpg

Shark

Bench
Give me the 2nd generation. The V motif is too over-rated...and the f**kheads at Kogarah have tarnished ALL the V's for mine.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
coolumsharkie said:
The first one.. don't know where i got the grey.. looks great though.
sharksjerseys.jpg

That original jersey with the Vs is my all time favourite. That's what they had on in the first game I saw and it's always been the "real" Sharks jersey to this old fart.

BTW, who else noticed there's a jersey style missing from that pic. The one just before the current - the fin one.

MightySharks

Bench
Frenzy. said:
That original jersey with the Vs is my all time favourite. That's what they had on in the first game I saw and it's always been the "real" Sharks jersey to this old fart.

BTW, who else noticed there's a jersey style missing from that pic. The one just before the current - the fin one.

Yes, I wrote to the makers about 2 or 3 months ago to advise them of the error

Frenzy.

Post Whore
MightySharks said:
Yes, I wrote to the makers about 2 or 3 months ago to advise them of the error

Did they care? Probably made out is was intentional :lol:

Not a bad looking product though just the same

MightySharks

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Did they care? Probably made out is was intentional :lol:

Not a bad looking product though just the same

They said that as there was only minor changes between the current jersey and the last one, they chose not to put it in.

But that is wrong as they put two jerseys in that are excatly the same, the ones during and straight after super league.

Booyah

Bench
coolumsharkie said:
They have played a match in a jersey that was a remake of the first one they played in back in the sixties.

Almost faded blue with grey from memory... looked the goods.

That's right, it was back in '98 against the Stains. I think it was as a celebration of the new NRL. It didn't look too bad, but I'm bloody glad it was a one off.

Check inside Colour me Black White & Blue for a picture/s.