What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playstation 3

Azkatro said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
So best console game in show at E3 means xbox isnt fun, means xbox is a faulure??(Halo 2)

Having the most played game in the world come to xbox isnt fun?(counter strike)

Having Playstations 'funnest' game come to xbox isnt fun either is it? (GTA)

Meeting expected sales totals is a failure?

Having more online players than PS2 even though ps2 has sold about 10 times more units and had the entire market before xbox is a failure?

The people will buy it. A lot of people didnt buy xbox's because they already had playstations.. It will be a different story this time around. I myself had a playstation, but it sucked, way too slow, the games sucked and its dvd quality was atrocious. So i sold and got an xbox.

Jeez you spin some crap mate. I have never seen one person spin off so many baseless "facts" off the top of their head in their life and here you are dumping more rubbish in a single thread than I've ever seen.

I'd challenge all of your claims but I can clearly see that you're going to just respond with more made up crap. Wake up to yourself. DVD quality was atrocious? I've never seen so much rubbish in my life.

The PS2 is advertised more than Xbox? What a total load of crap! The Xbox has superior hardware? Even more rubbish! Considering the Xbox is basically a PC in a box, and that the x86 architecture has been around since the XT's, I would hardly call that superior gaming hardware. Specs-wise, the PS/2 is less than half the speed of the Xbox; 733MHz processor compared to 294 odd, 64mb of RAM compared to 32mb, 133MHz bus speed compared to a mere 33/36, etc etc. Additionally, the Xbox comes with built in hard disc, ethernet etc.

Consequently Microsoft lose ridiculous amounts of money on each Xbox sold, just so it can compete with the PS2. This cannot and will not last forever. And if Xbox continues to put PC hardware in future releases of their consoles, they will continue to have a torrid time breaking even.

Microsoft only understands one thing, and that is how to establish and maintain a monopoly. Their plan is to make an initial (and quite massive) loss on the Xbox to gain market share, gradually kill off the competition, then emerge as the only viable alternative. Then what? We have to pay $1000 to get the latest console because it's based on PC hardware? Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Sony are on the path of traditional gaming consoles and that is releasing a product that is optimised for gaming, keeping the costs down. Microsoft don't do this. I'd be willing to bet they have no choice but to say they're meeting sales expectations to keep their competitors on their toes.

What did i say that was crap?

Halo 2 won best console game at E3
Xbox has counter strike which is the biggest multiplayer game ever(on PC)
Xbox has GTA
Xbox live does have more users

PS2 dvd quality is crap, how come a bunch of my dvds got played in black and white on PS2? Xbox plays them fine.

Where did i say playstation has had more advertising?

But yes Xbox is the superior console as far as performance and all specs are concerned it beats PS2 in every way possible.

Simo

First Grade
Is there a Mod messing around with this thread and the Xbox2 thread? Some posts are moving between the 2!

Azkatro,

You made some good points but:

Sony are on the path of traditional gaming consoles and that is releasing a product that is optimised for gaming, keeping the costs down

they are keeping the costs down to who?

Do you mean for them to build or for us to buy?

Because i only really care about how much it is to buy for us because if i recall correctly the PS2 was $800 friggin bucks when it first cam out. Same with the Xbox but they had to refund everyone $250 cause they had to drop the price so quick to get any sales.

Azkatro

First Grade
Chicken_Hunter said:

Yeah? How many copies has it sold?

Chicken_Hunter said:

What's the PC got to do with it? Oh that's right, the Xbox basically IS a PC! And playing a game like Counter Strike without a mouse and keyboard is a joke - end of story.

Chicken_Hunter said:
Xbox has GTA

Hahaha... and PS2 hasn't already had it for years? GTA 3 and Vice City are a spent force. Get with the times.

Chicken_Hunter said:

And what does that mean exactly? That the only way you can have fun with an Xbox is by playing online which costs money most people can't afford to spend? The PS2 has online capabilities as well.

Chicken_Hunter said:
PS2 dvd quality is crap, how come a bunch of my dvds got played in black and white on PS2? Xbox plays them fine.

Hahaha! Because you don't know what you're doing, you dork!

Chicken_Hunter said:

From your post in this same thread on Feb 10, 10:52am:

Chicken_Hunter said:
And actually, the sales have been pretty neck and neck for the past 18 months.. Making microsoft better.. Why? Because PS has more advertising, Its been around longer, has more games as PS1 games are compatable with PS2.. Microsoft can come out 2 years later and outsell and compete neck and neck to an already established console..

Which goes to show you are obviously spinning made up crap because you don't even remember the rubbish you've said :lol:

Chicken_Hunter said:
But yes Xbox is the superior console as far as performance and all specs are concerned it beats PS2 in every way possible.

So you'd rather pay twice as much for something that's marginally better in performance, and draws probably three times as much power? Whatever! If I want to play PC games on a PC, I'll buy a PC! Oh wait, I already have one... so I don't need an Xbox after all! :lol:

Simo said:

Because i only really care about how much it is to buy for us because if i recall correctly the PS2 was $800 friggin bucks when it first cam out. Same with the Xbox but they had to refund everyone $250 cause they had to drop the price so quick to get any sales.

Sony charged that because it could due to its monopoly. Business is business - if the public perceives a product to be worth $800, it will sell it for that much. When competition came along, they could quite easily afford to reduce the price dramatically and still cut a profit. Which is why the Playstation line has more of a future than Xbox. The public will not spend $1000 on a games console, which Xbox would have to charge to make a profit.

Erhan

Juniors
Guys, it's called "Price-skimming'. It involves prices changing through a series of marketing strategies over a course of the product cycle as the market changes. It's only logical that Sony or anyone else for that matter overprices their product in order to maximise profits.

[furrycat]

Coach
if your PS2 is playing in black and white, I think your PS2 is broken, or you have put in a mod chip that does not play region 4 movies, so they go in Black and White... so in other words its your fault because you opened your PS2 :p XBox's are starting to copy the PS2. In that they are creating a similar controller, using the same games... But the XBox is just a PC that you cant upgrade.

PS2 > Xbox < all!

Azkatro said:
Chicken_Hunter said:

Yeah? How many copies has it sold?

Chicken_Hunter said:

What's the PC got to do with it? Oh that's right, the Xbox basically IS a PC! And playing a game like Counter Strike without a mouse and keyboard is a joke - end of story.

Chicken_Hunter said:
Xbox has GTA

Hahaha... and PS2 hasn't already had it for years? GTA 3 and Vice City are a spent force. Get with the times.

Chicken_Hunter said:

And what does that mean exactly? That the only way you can have fun with an Xbox is by playing online which costs money most people can't afford to spend? The PS2 has online capabilities as well.

Chicken_Hunter said:

Hahaha! Because you don't know what you're doing, you dork!

Chicken_Hunter said:

From your post in this same thread on Feb 10, 10:52am:

Chicken_Hunter said:
And actually, the sales have been pretty neck and neck for the past 18 months.. Making microsoft better.. Why? Because PS has more advertising, Its been around longer, has more games as PS1 games are compatable with PS2.. Microsoft can come out 2 years later and outsell and compete neck and neck to an already established console..

Which goes to show you are obviously spinning made up crap because you don't even remember the rubbish you've said :lol:

Chicken_Hunter said:

So you'd rather pay twice as much for something that's marginally better in performance, and draws probably three times as much power? Whatever! If I want to play PC games on a PC, I'll buy a PC! Oh wait, I already have one... so I don't need an Xbox after all! :lol:

Simo said:

Sony charged that because it could due to its monopoly. Business is business - if the public perceives a product to be worth $800, it will sell it for that much. When competition came along, they could quite easily afford to reduce the price dramatically and still cut a profit. Which is why the Playstation line has more of a future than Xbox. The public will not spend $1000 on a games console, which Xbox would have to charge to make a profit.

hahahaha you are the dumbest f**k i have seen ever.

1. Halo 2 isnt out till mid year.
2. If you bothered to read the rest of the f**king thread moron, i was making a point that xbox's are fun. I was pointing out a game called counter strike that is the most popular game ever, and its now on xbox and not PS2.. Making the xbox fun.
3. As above, i was pointing out how fun it was, and if you had bothered to read the thread, you would have seen that i mentioned xbox getting GTA, as its a fun game... Are you really that thick?
4. Most people cant afford xbl? I am sure if you are rich enough to have a console and be talking on the internet now, then you can easily afford a broadband connection and 50 bucks a year on XBL
5. I do know what i was doing, half my dvds worked on ps2 the other half were in black and white. My xbox plays all my dvds in colour making it better Duh, i didnt think that point was that hard to understand. :roll:
6. If you had of quoted it i would have seen it, but you didnt.. And yes PS2 has had more advertising.. Considering it is a lot older as well, it had atleast a year of advertising on the xbox.. Only advertising i have seen of xbox is the NRL.
7. Xbox is cheaper than PS2, so i didnt pay twice as much for it.

[furrycat]

Coach
You're walking on a fine line between being critical, and being a total asswipe. I suggest you take a look at yourself and stop being so stupid or else you'll find yourself banned very fast. Counterstrike on Xbox automaticallly makes it fun? Have you played CS on xbox? It gets ratings of 60 and less... Wow... Xbox has a game that is 60 and less that is good on PC... It must be better than PC... oh wait, thats stupid logic, so no...

[furrycat said:
]You're walking on a fine line between being critical, and being a total asswipe. I suggest you take a look at yourself and stop being so stupid or else you'll find yourself banned very fast. Counterstrike on Xbox automaticallly makes it fun? Have you played CS on xbox? It gets ratings of 60 and less... Wow... Xbox has a game that is 60 and less that is good on PC... It must be better than PC... oh wait, thats stupid logic, so no...

Well i have played both versions.. and they are pretty much identical.. And yes its a f**ken awesome game... Even better on XBL..

And what the f**k will i get banned for? Being an Xbox fan? Ur being a f**ken asswipe too, threatening to have me banned because my opinion differs to yours? Get a friggen life knob jockey.

[furrycat]

Coach
What will you get banned for... read your last post... christ... I didn't threaten you, I informed you... I don't say "YARR f**kHEAD U BE BANNED ASSWIPE.. f**k!" 99% of your posts are that.

Once this thread gets moved to the fight club i can say what i like.. Except for racial slurs like sony is cheap gook crap and stuff like that...

Azkatro

First Grade
Chicken_Hunter said:
hahahaha you are the dumbest f**k i have seen ever.

1. Halo 2 isnt out till mid year.
2. If you bothered to read the rest of the f***ing thread moron, i was making a point that xbox's are fun. I was pointing out a game called counter strike that is the most popular game ever, and its now on xbox and not PS2.. Making the xbox fun.
3. As above, i was pointing out how fun it was, and if you had bothered to read the thread, you would have seen that i mentioned xbox getting GTA, as its a fun game... Are you really that thick?
4. Most people cant afford xbl? I am sure if you are rich enough to have a console and be talking on the internet now, then you can easily afford a broadband connection and 50 bucks a year on XBL
5. I do know what i was doing, half my dvds worked on ps2 the other half were in black and white. My xbox plays all my dvds in colour making it better Duh, i didnt think that point was that hard to understand. :roll:
6. If you had of quoted it i would have seen it, but you didnt.. And yes PS2 has had more advertising.. Considering it is a lot older as well, it had atleast a year of advertising on the xbox.. Only advertising i have seen of xbox is the NRL.
7. Xbox is cheaper than PS2, so i didnt pay twice as much for it.

*sigh* Just as I predicted, you respond with more made up rubbish.

Where did you read that Counter Strike is the most popular game ever? Are you saying it's more famous and successful than games like Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog, Street Fighter II, and Doom? Nah just looking at that list ... they were nothing games. Sorry I ever brought the point up.

As far as your whole "Xbox getting GTA is good because GTA is fun" argument is really dumb. What you're alluding to here is that the GTA on Xbox is fun, but it's not fun on the PS2, because the PS2 is just SO inferior in every way. Riiiight.

Mate I'm talking on the internet with a cheap old ratty dialup connection. So by trying to claim that I can automatically afford a broadband connection "easily", you're making up rubbish without knowing the facts - again.

And with regards to your PS2/DVD/black and white movies stupidity, did you stop to think that you might be trying to play NTSC movies and either a) don't have an NTSC-capable television or b) haven't set your TV to NTSC mode? The Xbox probably works because it does the conversion automatically AFAIK. But because you don't know that, the PS2 is a dodgy DVD player, right? Riiight.

I shouldn't have to quote something you said for your own benefit either. If you can't remember what you said earlier today you've got no hope of forming a decent argument. And again, could you show us some figures that prove the PS2 has had more advertising? Including and not including the extra year, of course. Oh what, you can't make up exact figures off the top of your head to support your argument? My mistake. Oh right I see, YOU'VE only seen Xbox advertising the NRL game, so that means they don't spend as much as Sony does. That's sensational evidence to support your claims. Have you ever considered becoming a solicitor?

As far as your number #7 response goes, way to completely miss the point! All I'm saying is the Xbox would have to be twice as expensive if Microsoft wanted to cut a profit on the machine. If you would like, I'll find some figures to support this claim. Although I don't really know why I'm even bothering to respond to you because your arguments are so bad.

Cheers!

Simo

First Grade
Id just like to point out that i predicted at the start that you wouldnt be able to convince each other 8)

Atari 2600.......WHAT A MACHINE!

Anonymous

Juniors
X-Box might have a few of those shooty shooty war games that the nerds appreciate, but how the hell are you supposed to play them with that ridiculous controller?

ak47

Juniors
yeah
u xbox boyz dribble and drule over 4 controller ports in the machine
but thats 4 crappy controllers

would rather have 2 ports, a multitap, and 4 of the best controllers money can buy

Latest posts