What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plea to England, NZ and PNG for the 4N..

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Let alone the halves and the hookers and the fact that on a technical side, the European game is still a fair bit away.

Eg, the constant use of the cut out pass and the way the defence still hasnt grasped the concept of decoy runners.

westie

Bench
Let alone the halves and the hookers and the fact that on a technical side, the European game is still a fair bit away.

Eg, the constant use of the cut out pass and the way the defence still hasnt grasped the concept of decoy runners.

Are you still going off Smith's c**k ups? That was solely down to inept coaching, especially when you consider that the same players could defend the same plays a few weeks before in their club systems.

MKEB...

Staff member
who the hell is kade snowden* and wft the f**k does he know about comparing origin to tests??

* i know who he is...

and the really reason most origin forwards say its more intense is because its an even battle between the 2 sets of packs.....where as in tests,especially in the past couple of years, the australia pack has been totally dominated by both the kiwi and english packs and they are'nt to keen to hype the battle when they've been mullered and more often than not its the backs like thurston,inglis & slater that have dug the forwards out of the sh!t..

i hate agreeing with you... but deadset hit the nail on the head

MKEB...

Staff member
the word 'intense' is the most myth-riddled label in RL....and define competitive....

QLD wins 5 series on the trot..its intense,competitive blah blah blah..

australia wins 5,6,7 ashes series against GB/eng....mainly 2-1 wins..a few 3-0..just like SoO..but you all describe GB/eng as not competitve enough..less intense etc...

and for the record..the recent set of games between wigan-st helens-leeds have been the most "intense/competitve" games of RL i've seen anywhere in the world this year...and i watch NRL AND THE 1st & 2nd origin games this year...

Agree with you again.. I have switched off SOO for the last coupla years, as tbI know who is going to win...ergo I have no interest.

I would rather a competition...

Last edited:

Dutchy

Immortal
Aus v NZL at Newcastle quite a few years back was probably the best footy game I have ever been too. Atmosphere was like WOW. When Buderus pretty much killed Robbie (?) Paul in a legal try saving tackle the crowd errupted like nothing I have heard before.

joseph1

Juniors
The grand final tri nations 06 was the best game of league i have ever seen. And just wait, kiwis will be very strong again in 2010. We kill it in the forwards, will blow the aussie forwards off the park if we pick the right big boys (nuasala, blair, moimoi, rapira, harrison). Pity Ben Teo wants to be a cane toad twig instead of donning the mighty kiwis jersey)

Origin runs on a fair bit of hype these days. There's been some f*ckin sh*t players get an Origin jersey in the last 5 or so years. (especially NSW obviously). Tests have been a better spectacle since 05.

I do get pissed off when I see androtops like Creagh and Tahu make comments like that. But I just remind myself they're fools who're buying into the hype. You even see refs saying "it's an honour to ref this game, it's the best 34 players in the world..." ..uh no it's not f*ckface.

kovana

Juniors
1992 and 1995 WC finals are inspirational and I wonder what some of these players above would have thought wearing the Green and Gold and listening to the 70,000 crowds at Wembley..
Thanks and...game on..

Not to be pedantic but the 1995 RLWC final got 66,540 at wembly did they not.

docbrown

Coach
Aus v NZL at Newcastle quite a few years back was probably the best footy game I have ever been too. Atmosphere was like WOW. When Buderus pretty much killed Robbie (?) Paul in a legal try saving tackle the crowd errupted like nothing I have heard before.

I remember that, we were screaming like crazy.

The best thing for Rugby League Four Nations is to overcome the stigma that Australia is unbeatable. The best way to do that is to... well... uh... beat them!

I'd really like to see the 4 nations extend to 2 matches against each opponent plus the final. The reason being that a 2-0 win would mean that things like the Ashes can be awarded and those individual games can be marketed like that (before anyone says that the Ashes are between Great Britain and Oz, the trophy is clearly inscribed with the words England).

And if we did that, the mid year Anzac Test could probably be dropped as well and used at the end of every year - maybe even on November 11th as part of the tournament.

You'd have a 7 week international schedule at the end of every year along with Pacific and European cup games.

Any how, I think that's what RLIF are working towards.