What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please, anyone else in 2021

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So this small minded Roosters are cheating the cap baloney is just that.

What they do as a club is offer the best business minds in Sydney to advise players where to and how to invest their money. They've built that stable of business people over the last 40 years which has enabled them to have first class facilities in some of the best areas of Sydney. Of course players are going to be attracted to sign.

That's their strength. Just like the panthers strength is their junior production line. The storm's strength is Bellamy and their ability to identify top talent.

That's what other clubs have to strive for - a way to make themselves stronger.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
So this small minded Roosters are cheating the cap baloney is just that.

What they do as a club is offer the best business minds in Sydney to advise players where to and how to invest their money. They've built that stable of business people over the last 40 years which has enabled them to have first class facilities in some of the best areas of Sydney. Of course players are going to be attracted to sign.

That's their strength. Just like the panthers strength is their junior production line. The storm's strength is Bellamy and their ability to identify top talent.

That's what other clubs have to strive for - a way to make themselves stronger.
Every side cheats the cap but they take the piss. We have lucked into the world's best player being the coaches son, so we obviously pay Ivan a bit more to top up Nathan's contact

Iamback

Coach
The argument isn’t parity mate. It is unpredictability. When something is unpredictable, it is more exciting. Also, I’m not talking about within a year, or even a couple of years, I’m talking about five years, ten years or twenty years.

For example, I have never seen an NBA team or a MLB team (I don’t know anything about gridiron) to essentially be in the top 1-2 or 3 chances to win a competition for 15-20 years as the Storm and Roosters have. That’s weird.

So you got 27 perfect rounds in tipping? There is plenty of unpredictability.

On the Storm alone.

They lost to Canberra at home in the 2019 Prelim.

Lost to Warriors in 2013 Prelim.

Lost to us in the PF as Premiers in 2021.

2022 they finished 5th and lost to 8th placed Canberra. Roosters that year was also out in week 1 of the finals

This is with a Top 3 coach of all time and atleast 2 future immortals in the squad.

What usually happens is x team goes well for a season or 2 and then some players get overpaid and they fall away.

If you compare say Cameron Smith with say Steph Curry or Tom Brady. Hell Jordan even got 6 rings so those sports with elite talent and you get teams dominating.

Atleast you get the odd team come from the clouds for a season or 2

Iamback

Coach
Nrl you can

Just most nrl teams are too lazy to do what Penrith did

Good luck to Penrith let them keep winning till other clubs start developing players

You can get teams to makes finals regularly but you need Origin guys and good coaching to be regular top 4.

Iamback

Coach
Every side cheats the cap but they take the piss. We have lucked into the world's best player being the coaches son, so we obviously pay Ivan a bit more to top up Nathan's contact

I am sure Nathan didn't pay for the family home what it would of got in an auction... that is how it is

Iamback

Coach
The thing is, I don't mind seeing Roosters, Storm or Penrith dominate, because they are raising the bar. It is up to the other 14 teams to improve themselves and catch up.

That is how I see it.

Look at the retention of the Parra 2022 GF squad as an example.

Only 2 years ago

Storm and Roosters finished 5th and 6th.

That was the chance for other teams to lift that standard and they fell away

JamesRustle

First Grade
Nrl you can

Just most nrl teams are too lazy to do what Penrith did

Good luck to Penrith let them keep winning till other clubs start developing players
If every team did what Penrith did... there'd still be a wooden spooner, a top 8 and a premier... granted all would be on equal wins, with position determined by F/A. All we'd argue about as fans would be why we didn't take that field goal that would have been the difference between a spoon and top 4 finish.

Iamback

Coach
it seems a while since a team outside the Top 4 made the final

Yes but we have had different combinations inside that top 4.

2023 - 1 v 2 but Bronx 1st GF since 2015. Before that was 2006

2022 - 1 v 4 Parra 1st GF since 2009
2021 - 2 v 3 Souffs 1st GF since 2014
2020 - was Panthers 1st in 17 years.
2019- 2 v 4. Canberra's since 1994
2017 Cows made it from 8th
2016 - Sharks 1st Premiership
2015 - NQ 1st comp

So you have 9 teams in GF in the last 10 years. Some of whom breaking long droughts in the process

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
The ‘21 Panthers Storm prelim was the most important event in rugby league history. A day when believers were born and walls were broken down. A day when we were saved from the Roosters/Storm terrorist cabal. A wankfest over Bellamy vs Wayne, dodged.

May the saviours of our great game, the Panthers, continue winning premierships and eventually get home crowd averages of over 100k. Amen.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Yes but we have had different combinations inside that top 4.

2023 - 1 v 2 but Bronx 1st GF since 2015. Before that was 2006

2022 - 1 v 4 Parra 1st GF since 2009
2021 - 2 v 3 Souffs 1st GF since 2014
2020 - was Panthers 1st in 17 years.
2019- 2 v 4. Canberra's since 1994
2017 Cows made it from 8th
2016 - Sharks 1st Premiership
2015 - NQ 1st comp

So you have 9 teams in GF in the last 10 years. Some of whom breaking long droughts in the process

They need a year where a less fancied team has a run IMO … I appreciate that this shouldnt be expected to happen regularly…although three years in a row 09,10,11 there were three teams 6th or lower that made the final…( they all lost though) …

This year and last season has been predictable throughout all the finals games and there were a number of one sided games … both prelims last year were very one sided for the favourites so I’m hoping we don’t see the same this year …of course the GF was a classic

Latest posts