What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please, anyone else in 2021

firechild

First Grade
I don’t think the draft is the right way. The Dogs have responded to what we have done are are lifting their game across the organisation (Gould common denominator) and I can see them having a good few years.
The dogs are just trying to buy what Penrith has done, not respond to it. Parra did it when Manly were having a run of success. They bought a few players (didn't get as many as they were after) and coaching staff but fizzled out because it doesn't really work that way. The dogs are a stronger club than Parra so they may have a bit more success but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a few good years and then fall back to mediocrity when they don't get the near instant results.

MugaB

Coach
The dogs are just trying to buy what Penrith has done, not respond to it. Parra did it when Manly were having a run of success. They bought a few players (didn't get as many as they were after) and coaching staff but fizzled out because it doesn't really work that way. The dogs are a stronger club than Parra so they may have a bit more success but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a few good years and then fall back to mediocrity when they don't get the near instant results.
Don't be fooled, these dogs purchases are not the team that will give them their run of success, it's the teams below them that will be the real challenge, we've already seen a few debut this season, but the mercs "utilities" are there purely to help these kids become steady 1st graders, this is what happened at Penrith, give it a few more seasons, I would say only a handful of this current team remain, the rest will be from their crop below