What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please explain?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Hey running into your own players or other players happens in every sport game, I dont see why everyone has a problem with it.

By looking at the graphics and the gameplay, I dont think I'll say anything negative about this game. Why should anyone else?

knowsleyroader

Juniors
To be fair to some of the people on here ( and I would include myself in this ) the majority of people wont understand what is involved with regards to features and how difficult they are to implement.

I think what is also happening here is you are unfortunately receiving some of the backlash with regards to Rugby 2004.

I think a lot of peoples confidence in Rugby games has been shaken with that release and everyone is just a little wary at the moment.

Add to that the fact that weve been waiting 7 years for this game.... im afraid its all getting a bit too much :D

For my part I have only seen great things in the screenshots, videos, feature lists and have certainly not seen anything that has lowered my hopes for this game.

Thanks for the tip on running through the posts btw I will use that technique when I give locksley his first of many thrashings :D

westhull

Juniors
KR how come the Saints shop will be screening video at 5pm and why can't we all see it? if poss can you video and put it up for downloading pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

Big-Hitter

Juniors
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

For fook's sake, can everyone quit being so anal and griping about every little thing?

I'm as excited about this game as anyone else and will be gutted if it turns out to be pony. But at the end of the day, if it stinks I won't buy it. End of story.

Give the developers some credit for stepping up to the plate and at least attempting this, when the larger companies such as EA have been happy to ignore the game and its fans. Be glad that you no longer have to make do with Jonah Lomu rugby on your PS1 and wish it had been a league game.

Sure, this game may be crap - in which case, as I've said, I won't buy it. But from what I've seen and heard and from the honest responses Mario and his colleagues have taken their time to post on here, I'm willing to bet that it's a winner.

And if it does turn out to be a turkey (which I personally doubt) the only losers will be the developers, as its them who've put the time and funds into trying to make this game a reality.

So please, STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE AND PEDANTIC! If the game sucks, what have you lost? :roll: :roll: :roll:

locksley

Juniors
Right, let's put things into perspective.

Jonah Lomu Rugby for me (And many others!) is the benchmark for Rugby games. Am I right? So before people start whinging about minute animations, or players running through each other in Rugby League etc let's look at the facts.

Jonah Lomu Rugby was the best Rugby game playability wise. Great one player, Fantastic 2 player, excellent kicking system etc

HOWEVER... it DID NOT HAVE:

Spanking great cut scenes a'la Madden 2004 (in fact, it didn't have any!!)
Knock ons
Substitutions
Flashy Graphics
Players with faces!!!!
Club teams
Good tackle animations
Injuries
High Tackles

Also:
You couldn't play a match for longer than 15 minutes
Hand off was VERY unrealistic
Side step was dire
Commentry was repetetive
The teams were already out on the field, no intros for them
etc...

But did it affect the game? NO, absolutely NOT!!!! The game is amazing playability wise, and I think, no, sorry, I KNOW that Rugby League will wipe the floor with it without even trying.

So come on fellas, pack in whinging about things that don't matter.... Jeez.

Roll on October

knowsleyroader

Juniors
Superb Post !!

Totally agree. Its how much enjoyment you get while playing the game that counts. Who cares what it does or doesnt do ? If your enjoying it with the pad in your hand thats all that matters.

westhull

Juniors
Here Here..think the problem is that the time is passing very very slowly and every one seems to be getting stressed..hard to believe but the anticipation is unbearable..i can honestly say i have never felt this way about any other game..probably due to the fact that this sport means a great deal to me and no doubt many of you guys..i feel pretty sure that once i get my grubby little mits on this game then my social life will be over...Mario you have alot to answer for...just think about all those people who will go missing for weeks on end..i hope you are happy...you should be ashamed ;-)

azzah72

Bench
The fact is is that some ppl are just never satisfied, hell i was close to satisfied with the freakin demo!

Never in my mind did i think a tiny little aussie/NZ company could bring out a classy, in depth game!

So stop bitchin and enjoy it

This has been made for us ppl (and we have almost practiacaly made it)

So enjoy it

Unfortunatly i think all the exposure on the net with the input of fans has become catch 22 because now all the anal ppl will want more and more

Your all picky SOB's and all i can say is thank you very much mario and co' you have a done a superb job and don't let a couple of whining turds disheart your imense effort!

Look forward to RL2 next year!

Cheers!

Moffo

Referee
People are just anxious

It'll pass

And come on, lets compare the alternatives. Rugby 2004...Um hello, has anyone actually seen that play? Its a joke! :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

Matta

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
Matta said:
Mario said:
Matta said:
Mario said:
However, it will be the case that players can walk through each other. This is essentially cosmetic, and in my opinion does not detract from gameplay.

Running through others? Like is it running straight through like the demo, or is there an animation so that they swirve around?... I was hoping that this would be fixed... :cry: :cry: :cry:

A lot of people were hoping for a lot of things. I myself would have loved to have added more functionality, finishing touches, and gameplay components, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Our budget and timeframe only allows us to achieve so much. I personally think we have done well despite of the restrictions imposed, but at the end of the day if you are expecting something which exceeds other sports games developed on 10 times the budget you will be disappointed.

OK, but can you at least tell me if there is an animation for it?

Matta, stop whinging about it, its a minor problem and all people like you seem to be doing is pointing out every negative aspect of the game, just think of it this way 'a rugby league game is going to be released, first since 1996' and just leave Mario alone.

First, I'd like to say that I (me) dont bloody care if it's in... but a few dickheads do... And that pisses me off... And I'll tell you why:

The 'running between people' animation was the only thing I was concerned about... I'll tell you why:

On the rleague forums everyone was telling everyone to tell their freinds about it... So I went and told mine... They went and downloaded copies of the demo and played it (this was way after I got my first taste of it)... The next day back... they went and blasted at me:

(all in little immature kiddie voices)
"They look like shit"
"Why is it roosters and warriors, eh?"
"Craig Fitzgibbon is an arsehole (like I care, but)"
"It plays like shit"

But the thing I was most pissed off that they said was:

"I can run through one of the others, this is gonna make it the shittest game in the world... Nobody's ever gonna make a rugby league game..."

AND ILL BET YOU WHEN THE GAME COMES OUT IN OCTOBER AND THE FIRST DAY AFTERWARDS THEYRE GONNA THROW SHIT AT ME... IM NOT THE ONE WHINGING, I JUST DONT WANT TO GET BLASTED DAY AFTER DAY FOR A LITTLE GLITCH (personally I dont care it I can walk through another, but these dickhead who are whingers do, and the first person theyll blame is me.

It's alright for me, I can understand if you don't fix it... but I'll get bloody blasted the first day after it comes out... And I'll be bloody pissed...

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Tell 'em to a) go screw themselves, b) to grow up and c) go whinge to somone who gives a rats......

That will make you feel better and hopefully shut them up :)

Matta

Juniors
theVodkaCircle said:
Tell 'em to a) go screw themselves, b) to grow up and c) go whinge to somone who gives a rats......

That will make you feel better and hopefully shut them up :)

thanks for that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matta

Juniors
when i was talking about it with somebody else, they chipped in and said it was made by 'codemasters'... could you believe it... CODEMASTERS!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Red V Hot

Juniors
Right, let's put things into perspective.

Jonah Lomu Rugby for me (And many others!) is the benchmark for Rugby games. Am I right? So before people start whinging about minute animations, or players running through each other in Rugby League etc let's look at the facts.

Jonah Lomu Rugby was the best Rugby game playability wise. Great one player, Fantastic 2 player, excellent kicking system etc

HOWEVER... it DID NOT HAVE:

Spanking great cut scenes a'la Madden 2004 (in fact, it didn't have any!!)
Knock ons
Substitutions
Flashy Graphics
Players with faces!!!!
Club teams

Good tackle animations
Injuries
High Tackles

Also:
You couldn't play a match for longer than 15 minutes
Hand off was VERY unrealistic
Side step was dire
Commentry was repetetive
The teams were already out on the field, no intros for them
etc...
But did it affect the game? NO, absolutely NOT!!!! The game is amazing playability wise, and I think, no, sorry, I KNOW that Rugby League will wipe the floor with it without even trying.

So come on fellas, pack in whinging about things that don't matter.... Jeez.

Roll on October

*slow clap* CLAP....CLAP =D> =D>