What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please explain?

NPK

Bench
Firstly, I'm not whingeing, I just have some concerns.

Have any of you noticed that after the first tackle of the new clip (Wigan vs. Saints) , the attacking team's #5 player runs in a loop around one of the other players?? (bottom left hand corner of the screen)

Looks really funny :lol:

Also, just after the first tackle, the new dummy-half player runs straight through the #11 player. This was a problem in the demo, where players walked through each other and ran straight through the goal posts to score a try. I hope this will be corrected before it is released.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah i notice that too i hope it is corrected for the real one and i'm sure they realised that and done so.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Like even in ARL 96 a player can't run through the posts and its 7 years since then so i would have to think they would have, well i hope so.

Mario

Juniors
Collision detection is a complex and CPU intensive task, especially with so many people running around.

Players are 'aware' of each other, and strictly speaking you can't pass through or tackle through other players.

However, it will be the case that players can walk through each other. This is essentially cosmetic, and in my opinion does not detract from gameplay.

umosay

Juniors
rugby 2004 has very bad graphical clipping, when you do a big hit, the player that tackled him sinks into his body and they become one.

i didn't even notice that he ran through him so it won't matter at all

Matta

Juniors
Mario said:
However, it will be the case that players can walk through each other. This is essentially cosmetic, and in my opinion does not detract from gameplay.

Running through others? Like is it running straight through like the demo, or is there an animation so that they swirve around?... I was hoping that this would be fixed... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mario

Juniors
Matta said:
Mario said:

Running through others? Like is it running straight through like the demo, or is there an animation so that they swirve around?... I was hoping that this would be fixed... :cry: :cry: :cry:

A lot of people were hoping for a lot of things. I myself would have loved to have added more functionality, finishing touches, and gameplay components, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Our budget and timeframe only allows us to achieve so much. I personally think we have done well despite of the restrictions imposed, but at the end of the day if you are expecting something which exceeds other sports games developed on 10 times the budget you will be disappointed.

Matta

Juniors
Mario said:
Matta said:
Mario said:

A lot of people were hoping for a lot of things. I myself would have loved to have added more functionality, finishing touches, and gameplay components, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Our budget and timeframe only allows us to achieve so much. I personally think we have done well despite of the restrictions imposed, but at the end of the day if you are expecting something which exceeds other sports games developed on 10 times the budget you will be disappointed.

OK, but can you at least tell me if there is an animation for it?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Matta said:
Mario said:
Matta said:
Mario said:

OK, but can you at least tell me if there is an animation for it?

Matta, stop whinging about it, its a minor problem and all people like you seem to be doing is pointing out every negative aspect of the game, just think of it this way 'a rugby league game is going to be released, first since 1996' and just leave Mario alone.

Mario

Juniors
incredible_holc said:
but they cant be shielded of all critisism just because it is 'Rugby League'

Nor do we expect to be shielded. But people have to be realistic in what they expect.

If we deliver a game that that sucks to play, flame or criticise away. If the game doesn't have the depth of content or breadth of functionality as a much more established and more deeply funded franchise like the Madden series (and I can tell you now it won't) and you were expecting it to, then your hopes were probably too high.

incredible_holc

Juniors
yeh i know but people are questioning just little things and they are just getting blasted because 'its rugby league' which shouldnt happen

incredible_holc

Juniors
ok what i am saying is that everyone knows what a more than excellent job sidhe has done and no one is denying that.
Except people are getting blasted for saying'Why arnt there left footers'

that is a reasonable question but then you get people saying 'Oh just be happy because it is rugby league'. That is what all the rugby people said and look how that turned out

now we know this will not be anything like that but it is an example

angelus

Juniors
Sidhe/HES are doing more then any other company has done since 1996. Stop whinging and be happy with what we get. Otherwise, don't play it. You guys make me sick sometimes. I've said since the start that I'm not expecting a faultless game. The Madden series has been around for over a decade and still has bugs. This is Sidhe's first go, and I'll be happy to play and give constructive feedback for pending releases in the future providing this sells as it should.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
I think what Mario was trying to say was that during actual play you wont be able to just run through the opposition or indeed your own players. However when its a case of players getting back into position for the play the ball, maybe they will.

What would you rather the players walk around each other and bump into each other and are still doing so when the ball in back in play ?

Or players may walk through each other and all be back in line ready and waiting to smash your players to bits ?

I know which one I would have.

With regards to running through the posts, I dont think this will happen. However it may be a case that the player would automatically skirt around the post and carry on running rather than actually smack into them and lose the ball as in ARL 96.

Mario

Juniors
People seem to getting dismayed because this or that isn't in, or some feature is seen to be substandard in a screenshot or movie. To those people I suggest renting the title before deciding to purchase.

And don't expect to run into the posts - you will pass right through them when you try. Sorry, but this was another aspect which was deemed less important than other features in the game.

westhull

Juniors
I too have 1 or 2 whinges but from what i have seen so far(videos/screenshots etc..) i fully expect this game to be a smash hit and i believe that Sidhe/Hes guys etc.. have/will deliver a game which we all can be happy with as a starting point which i am sure will be improved on year on year

Latest posts