What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please give me hope.

Veteran Dragon

Juniors
It’s all too depressing, promising youngsters try as they may not making the jump to 1st grade, seeing other clubs signing or retaining quality players, we for the love of money can’t attract any gun players and our captain keeps telling everyone in the media he wants to leave. Please someone give me some hope.

Dragon David

First Grade
It is amazing isn't it!?

Some time back we pinned our hopes on the "three musketeers" - Sloan, Sullivan and Amone. Three young guys wanting to show their abilities in first grade and we were waiting for them to shine under Hook. So much anticipation and wanting so much success but now, Sloan out for an extended period following ankle surgery, Sullivan gone to the Tigers and Amone found guilty with destroying property, assault occasioning actual bodily harm in the company of others and intimidation in relation to the same incident.

Three strikes and most probably we will not see them together again playing in the same team.

I guess fate had it set that these three young guys were not the answer to make it in the Red V. Such a shame.

matPORTS

Juniors
...and all this just goes to show that the problems go way deeper than just the junior system not churning through the best available players in the country, like it used to.

While Shane Flanagan is the best available head coach to point this ship back in the right direction (and will no doubt get the absolute maximum out of what one could consider to be a shed full of rusty tools at the moment), unfortunately we're all going to have to be patient because this isn't going to turn around quickly.

In 2024 - if we finish anywhere above the bottom five on the ladder, and along the way put in performances that show some pride and respect in the mighty Red V (be it win, lose or draw), it will be a monumental achievement... and just perhaps that might start to give us all some hope for the future.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
18 months (hopefully sooner)
By then we should be in a much better position.
Flanagan will have reprogrammed their brains
Hunt will be gone. And the new generation will be in place.

18 months. Go take a holiday- build up the brownie point with the misses.
new sponsors
The ‘New world order’ will reign supreme

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s all too depressing, promising youngsters try as they may not making the jump to 1st grade, seeing other clubs signing or retaining quality players, we for the love of money can’t attract any gun players and our captain keeps telling everyone in the media he wants to leave. Please someone give me some hope.
Take a couple of Aspro with a cup of hot tea and have a bit of a lie down and wake up in season 2025 and all will be good . ☺️

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hopefully this time next season we will all be feeling better about the team after Saints have a much better than expected season. I thought since Hook left Saints played well and hung in for most games against top 8 sides and did not get flogged much. That was pretty promising. They would have learnt from those games. I feel better about 2024 than what I did with 2023 that is for sure. There is not much change in the players but heaps in the coaching ranks for 2024 and that alone will make a difference. Look at the Warriors for inspiration as they showed what a difference a coach can make with not much change in the players.

thebigredv

First Grade
In all seriousness I am sure I am not alone in the impact 'losing my club' has had on my overall mental health. Sure, there's many more important aspects to life but that doesn't change how much you depend on the footy to bring some relief to busy life, some entertainment and thrills of hard fought wins.

Nothing of the sort the last decade. Rather than enjoying good footy it's all about off-field antics and excuses. We change coaches more often than we win games. The identity of a competitive footy team is lost somewhere out there into the ether.

I'd give anything to go back to the heartbreak that came with the 90s. That was a time when the pain was real but so was the passion for the red v. By God you were proud to wear it on the streets and let everyone know you were one of them.

Life gets tough for us all but no longer can you turn to the Dragons for some respite. It's just adds to the mix of it all.

jeffdragon

Bench
In all seriousness I am sure I am not alone in the impact 'losing my club' has had on my overall mental health. Sure, there's many more important aspects to life but that doesn't change how much you depend on the footy to bring some relief to busy life, some entertainment and thrills of hard fought wins.

Nothing of the sort the last decade. Rather than enjoying good footy it's all about off-field antics and excuses. We change coaches more often than we win games. The identity of a competitive footy team is lost somewhere out there into the ether.

I'd give anything to go back to the heartbreak that came with the 90s. That was a time when the pain was real but so was the passion for the red v. By God you were proud to wear it on the streets and let everyone know you were one of them.

Life gets tough for us all but no longer can you turn to the Dragons for some respite. It's just adds to the mix of it all.
92-93 were awesome.

Dragon David

First Grade
we lose Hunt next month and gain Luai, Holmes, Ippape, Tracey and 2 big name props, we keep Sua, Sloane learns to tackle, Finau is the next superstar young winger and the Couchys and other gun juniors coming through STEP UP and carve in 24 taking us to the GF
I like your positivity Bud. That's the spirit. I hope that what you say eventuates.:D