What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please give me hope.

Walpole

Juniors
The 2023 GF was contested between 2 teams that had a Father as coach & Son as a player.
Hello….we are now ready & activated also!
Hang on a sec...this is it! In 2022 Parramatta had the Arthurs and they were in the grand final too! They parted company this year and the Eels were rubbish.

The Flanagan's have already guaranteed a GF spot and we didn't even realise it.

Although disappointment seems infinite when supporting the Dragons, don't lose hope.
'The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive.'

Or do what I have done - Buy a pool table!
When Saints play shite, turn it off & shoot some stick :)

Showing our age! (Not that I was alive)
Just remember my Grandparents talking about him.
No one came close to Lindrum.

His record break of 4,137 in1932 precipitated a change in the rules of the game.
Appropriate you bring him up as it's just like the Dragons and unlimited tackles. They had to change the rules!

Dragon David

First Grade
Showing our age! (Not that I was alive)
Just remember my Grandparents talking about him.
No one came close to Lindrum.

His record break of 4,137 in1932 precipitated a change in the rules of the game.
Appropriate you bring him up as it's just like the Dragons and unlimited tackles. They had to change the rules!
Now that Penrith have won 3 in a row, they should be penalised so that it will be much harder for them to win 4 in a row. Rules should change.

It's like a horse winning all the time and so they handicap that horse to buggery especially for the Melbourne Cup for example.

Penrith could easily win the premiership in 2024. They know what it takes to win grand finals. They will still have the main players in the backs and forwards and the recipe for success has been established. That is why they should be penalised somehow. But the NRL most probably would like to see them dominate again and set a record that would be very hard for another club to surpass. Just envious, that's all.

Walpole

Juniors
Now that Penrith have won 3 in a row, they should be penalised so that it will be much harder for them to win 4 in a row. Rules should change.

It's like a horse winning all the time and so they handicap that horse to buggery especially for the Melbourne Cup for example.

Penrith could easily win the premiership in 2024. They know what it takes to win grand finals. They will still have the main players in the backs and forwards and the recipe for success has been established. That is why they should be penalised somehow. But the NRL most probably would like to see them dominate again and set a record that would be very hard for another club to surpass. Just envious, that's all.
Agreed. They should have to give us Cleary, Edwards and Fisher-Harris.

Gardenia

Juniors
It’s all too depressing, promising youngsters try as they may not making the jump to 1st grade, seeing other clubs signing or retaining quality players, we for the love of money can’t attract any gun players and our captain keeps telling everyone in the media he wants to leave. Please someone give me some hope.
I feel your pain

Dragon David

First Grade
I feel your pain
We have Flanagan as our head coach - so far we have signed Sele and Flanno junior. Terrific!

Some players have been linked to us but that has been the case over other years and they did not eventuate.

Is it a Dragons thing that no one of any relevance wants to come to the club? Would we have the same dramas in recruiting players if we had Bellamy or Cleary or Robinson as the head coach?

I know that money can influence some players but what is the real reason that for so many years we end up with has beens, drifters and players beyond their use by date?

I can understand the frustration of Ben Hunt. He wants a winning culture. He wants success. We want the same. Why aren't we achieving this?

12 bloody years in the doldrums - way too long and life is shortening each day for me and others. :(

Nutz

Bench
It’s all too depressing, promising youngsters try as they may not making the jump to 1st grade, seeing other clubs signing or retaining quality players, we for the love of money can’t attract any gun players and our captain keeps telling everyone in the media he wants to leave. Please someone give me some hope.
Careful what you wish for grasshopper. You blokes have a decent roster. The challenge for Flanno is to call out the imposters and work with those wanting to make a real go with their NRL career, those who roll up their sleeves and train/play hard.
There's millions of hard working Aussie that do extra time just to put food on the table...they don't get paid squillions to play a sport they love.

Last edited:

saintmar

Juniors
Sorry but 2026

SEAT 1A

Bench
Careful what you wish for grasshopper. You blokes have a decent roster. The challenge for Flanno is to call out the imposters and work with those wanting to make a real go with their NRL career, those who want and do roll up their sleeves up and train/play hard.
There's millions of hard working Aussie that do extra time just to put food on the table...they don't get paid squillions to play a sport they love.

I reckon Flanno has sent a message to the players.

The players weren't receiving the attention required to improve their game both on and off the field and to be honest, the last few years has shown that.

Flanno won a comp, has brought in Dean Young, new strength and conditioning team. So, he's delivered.

The players responded late this year and should be ready to go when they return.

Things aren't going to change overnight however, depending on what players full out of the tree, we won't be anywhere near the bottom four and having a crack.

Nutz

Bench
I reckon Flanno has sent a message to the players.

The players weren't receiving the attention required to improve their game both on and off the field and to be honest, the last few years has shown that.

Flanno won a comp, has brought in Dean Young, new strength and conditioning team. So, he's delivered.

The players responded late this year and should be ready to go when they return.

Things aren't going to change overnight however, depending on what players full out of the tree, we won't be anywhere near the bottom four and having a crack.
Exactly mate. You roster and my tigers roster are actually pretty good. It's the dumbarse players attitudes and concentration that lets both of us down. I mean WT put 60 on NQ one week only to have the tables reversed shortly thereafter. How does that work?
I put most failures back on players as they are the one out in the middle.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Exactly mate. You roster and my tigers roster are actually pretty good. It's the dumbarse players attitudes and concentration that lets both of us down. I mean WT put 60 on NQ one week only to have the tables reversed shortly thereafter. How does that work?
I put most failures back on players as they are the one out in the middle.

The consistency issue has me beat.

Both clubs aren't anywhere near the top clubs and to be honest, can't compete however, the Dragons off the field have been cannon fodder. The BBQ, presentation night and Hunts 300 and anything that could go wrong has.