What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please read: Personal attacks and arguments

The Colonel

Immortal
With the inevitable stress that losses have caused, there has been a rise in arguments that go too far and become personal. This is not on and really needs to be hauled in before things get too far out of hand. One of the biggest things that is really getting stuck in my throat is all this carry on about "Where is your loyalty?". We all share a common interest in Parramatta and some see things differently to others but that doesn't open it up to question the loyalty of others based on your own opinions.

Not everyone is here to make friends and it is fair to say that not everyone is going to agree with everyone else. I think people need to realise that there are differences and you aren't necessarily going to change another persons point of view. If their point of view is different to your own it doesn't make it wrong nor does it open it up for ridicule. This has been the main crux of the arguments.

If things continue down the path they have taken over the weekend then people may be looked at having an enforced holiday to let things cool off.

Losses are inevitable and they cause stress. If you feel you can't post considerately and contructively on the forum then take a break.

This is one of the biggest Eels forums on the internet and we'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks

The Colonel

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just to reinforce what the Colonel has said, this is taken from our LU members rules and guidelines

Other stuff we don’t like...
MEMBERS ATTACKING OTHER MEMBERS
Please note: We're not referring to squabbles or a bit of name calling. This section mainly deals with those members who threaten other members.

The vast majority of members join forums to have reasonable and good humoured discussions. However, there are a minority who try to stand out from the crowd by attacking other members.

If one member is being excessively abusive to another member, then deletions of post(s) may be warranted. These are posts which are excessive or by accepted description, are personally threatening.

Additionally, any posts which vilify or aggressively single out another member will be deleted.

This also includes posts from 'impersonators' who take up similar names to other members or public persons in an effort to humiliate (Naturally, this does not include members who wish to have the same name as their sporting hero). The examples of this have been evident with names of some members being changed slightly to mislead the reader in believing that they reading the view of another member.

Members who repeatedly attack other members in this manner will have their forum membership suspended.

To reiterate: Mods and Admin are not here to break up fights. Should an online fight develop, it is hoped that members can sort out their differences in mature manner prior to the need for any intervention.

Its a sure sign that you are loosing an argument when you have to stoop to name calling.

Deal with the argument, not the person who presented it.

newmanj

Juniors
Last weekend left me feeling that i did not want to be part of this forum any longer. I thought, although from various backgrounds and parts of the country, that we all respected and enjoyed each others opinions. If this is not so, i am out of here!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
and i just want everyone to know, that if i have to moderate a post, its cos i have to, don't yell at me! ;-)

the same goes for colonel, twizzle, eela, holic

forward pass

Coach
Well done Colonel for stressing this point.

I personally find it extraordinary at the hysteria in this place after a loss. Even more so when we have been beaten (controversially) by the best side in the comp by a mile!!! Calm down people.

Our losses have been to the undefeated Cowboys, Knights at Newcastle and Broncos at Suncorp !! Plenty of sides will lose those matches.

We haven't been beaten by mugs yet so I can't believe the hysteria !!:?

Stagger eel

Staff member
i also feel partially responsable with all this and I think we can all be above that and show that no matter how different our opions are that we can all be friends and get together as a group once a week and and share the glory, anguish and angst together in here.

group hug.

eelaholic

First Grade
Hence my "where is the love thread"

we all need to take a deep breath and chill a little

We are all here for the eels and share a passion for them. Its a shame thats what can also come between many of us too

The Colonel

Immortal
Disappoints me but it needs to be done. Seriously, this Eels forum is by far the largest and generally most friendly on the internet. I'd rather that status stay that way.

Avenger said:
God I'm sick of the slow starts though

I'm sure most would agree but going by previous seasons those who are hot right now aren't necessarily the ones doing the business at the end of the season.

All I'm asking is that people chill.

Parra Guru

Coach
I'd just like to make mention of this aswell...

Just think for a minute before getting personal with people here, because

a) What you say to them or 'label' them, may not only be offensive to them, but to others on here that might be the same.

b) You might be attacking someone on here who has family and friends who read the board (I'm sure you wouldn't want your family, especially kids, reading all the name calling etc if you were in that situation).

All in all, this is a great forum, 100 times better than the Eels official site, and we should be grateful that we have the luxury of posting on here without waiting hours for a moderator to approve what you type. I'd hate to see it change!

PG

forward pass

Coach
The Colonel said:
This is one of the biggest Eels forums on the internet and we'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks

The Colonel

Hey Colonel, are you saying there are bigger forums than this one???

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
no there aint, and its a fair job, so we appreciate eveyone making our job a little bit easier

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
i have read with interest the posts in this thread. i am glad to see that some common sense prevails. we, as people living in a democratic society, have the right to our own opinions, we have the right to express those opinions. we also have the right not to agree with the opinions of others. i don't feel that anyone could be more disappointed with the result of fridays game. however i appreciate the thoughts of everyone else and respect their opinions. i also expect and look forward to criticism from other members when i submit a post. as all others have said. lets move forward and rise above the name calling and childishness. i am sure that we can.

bartman

Immortal
Hear hear, to this thread. By all means analyse the games, and disagree with each other about the issues. But we should do it politely, and not get annoyed that others don't always think like we might do.

Playing the man (or woman) and not the ball is not on - whether you do it out of frustration first, or in retaliation second. If you get off on that stuff, go to the Fight Club thread to take out some frustrations on "anonymous" people in there that are up for it.