What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG Prime Ministers XIII vs AUS Prime Ministers XIII

mikail-eagle

Bench
Tickets have been on sale since Monday.

10624906_291095531090635_8727104610884683854_n.jpg

mikail-eagle

Bench
The only way into Kokopo from the Rest of PNG is via a 2 nights Ferry Ride or by air.
The 4 daily flights into Kokopo from Port Moresby have been full all week.

983788_291095707757284_5679984558627035551_n.jpg

mikail-eagle

Bench
You've just got to love the PNG politicians. This Governor keeps this up every year and he is a certainty for re-election in 2017.

https://www.facebook.com/pnghunters

MEDIA RELEASE
8th October 2014

GOVERNOR SUBSIDISES TICKETS FOR PM13 CLASH

The Governor of East New Britain has today confirmed the ENBPG will be offering 1,000 tickets to fans at a subsidised ticket cost of K25 for Sundays PM13 PNG vs. Australia clash at Kalabond Oval.

The specially priced tickets will go on sale at Agmark from 9am this Thursday morning and will only be available until all 1,000 are sold.

The match featuring a young new look PNG and Australian sides is creating feverish excitement in the region with the Governor Ereman Tobaining Jnr. making the commitment to the PNGRFL;

“It is my gift to my people to commemorate the 10th Year anniversary of the annual PM13 match between PNG and Australia. It’s an expensive exercise and logistically difficult exercise to bring the match up here and I thank the foresight and recognition of what rugby league means to the region by the PNGRFL in giving us the opportunity to again host the match in Kokopo for the second year in a row. As a leader of my community I also wanted to make sure that a ticket to the match is affordable to everyone. Unfortunately we cant fit everyone in so fans will have to get in quick to purchase their tickets as they wont last very long.”

PNGRFL CEO Brad Tassell thanked the Governor and said the 1,000 subsidized tickets will be available from Agmark, Kokopo from 9am Thursday morning 9th October and encouraged fans to get in quickly to purchase their tickets for the match;

“It’s the sign of a good leader who wants to look after his own people and the PNGRFL congratulates the Governor on his offer which has been accepted by the Board of the PNGRFL. This year is a packed program featuring a PNG U16 Kumul Teams, Ladies representative teams and a the best of the DIgicel Cup and local competition players in the ALL stars clash as lead up games to the PM13 PNG vs. Australia. It’s a showcase or PNG Rugby League and fans will be treated to top class matches from 10am this Sunday. Get to the game early and watch some of the best young PNG Rugby League talent – men and women on display.”

Tassell urged fans to get their tickets early:

“Last year there were a lot of fans who left it to the last minute to get tickets and missed out. Don’t make the same mistake this year. Get into Agmark and get your tickets now to the biggest annual sporting event on the PNG calendar.”

mikail-eagle

Bench
http://www.thenational.com.pg/?q=node/76926

Players impress coach

Source:
The National, Thursday October 9th, 2014
By PETER SEVARA Jr in Kokopo

AN IMPRESSED Papua New Guinea Prime Minster XIII’s head coach Mal Meninga put his team through its paces yesterday during a morning training session at the Kalabond Oval, Kokopo.
Meninga, who joined the side on Monday, said he was impressed and excited with the change in the players after his last involvement with the same fixture last year.

“I’m very happy with the progress and the development of the players now for the last 12 months, to this time last year,” Meninga said.
“I think that their heaps prepared.

A lot fitter and a lot more knowledgeable about the game. The Hunters season has been really good, and I’m very confident that this time we’ll put in a much better performance against the Australians.
“Again a very, very good side” a clearly impressed Meninga said.
“I’m excited about them (players). They’re fairly young and I’m imagining their progress over the next couple of years.”
The 54-year-old Queensland Origin coach said the weekend’s match would provide his players a rare chance to test themselves against the best.

Meninga, who is the Team Kumul programme director, said the long term goal was the 2017 World Cup but that would start with every player picked in the PM’s XIII and the other representative teams maintaining their high standards and developing as professional players.
“There are opportunities to take another step and build to the next World Cup. I’m hoping that they keep improving the way they are over the two or three years.

On the match against Laurie Daley’s Australian side, Meninga said his men needed to play hard and not be intimidated.
“I just want effort, I want our boys to stand up, be courageous, execute their skill, show the rugby league fraternity how good they are, and how far they have developed over the last 12 months under the Hunters programme,” he said.

“I’m excited about the team. I’m very pleased with their progress, as players and as people, they are heading in the right direction which is great.
“I’m expecting a spirited performance and the boys need to give their best, no matter what’s happening in their game. It’s all about attitude.”

Meninga said PNG’s game plan would centre on having good direction from its halves.
The Hunters pair of Roger Laka and Dion Aiye has the most important job in controlling the sets and taking the right options and kicking well.

“I have already been in the PNG system for nearly two years now and I know the players and the coaching staff and everyone involved has been working really hard,” Meninga said.
“Michael (Marum) and his staff have worked well to improve the players in the basics like how to control ruck speed, the execution of sets, the way we really need to finish up in tackles and all those little things that you need to get right in the game. We have improved but we need to be get better.” Meninga said no team was perfect or unbeatable and even the best Australian side could be tested and beaten.

Meninga maintained that the players can always do better but he said that the progress is really looking good citing the Under 19’s success in the Inaugural commonwealth tournament.

Meninga said of the national junior side, the U20s, had proven with their success at the inaugural Commonwealth Nines earlier this year, that PNG had the talent to be a top ranked country. The PNG team plus the captain will be announced today.

mikail-eagle

Bench
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PNGRFL-Papua-New-Guinea-Rugby-Football-League/531057333687951

MEDIA RELEASE

PNG PM13 LINEUP RELEASED

PM13 PNG Coaches Mal Meninga and Michael Marum have today announced the line up who will face the PM13 Australian Team on Sunday @ 3pm:

PM13 PNG Team:

1. Israel Eliab
2. Gary Lo
3. Thompson Teteh
4. Jason Tali
5. Adex Wera
6. Dion Aiye
7. Roger Laka
8. Mark Mexico
9. Wartovo Puara
10. Esau Siune
11. Sebastian Pandia
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Adam Korave
14. Noel Zeming
15. Willie Minoga
16. Timothy Lomai
17. Lawrence Tu'u
18. Brandy Peter

mikail-eagle

Bench
https://www.facebook.com/groups/139...066/?comment_id=1486482298282713&notif_t=like

PM13 MATCH TO BE TELEVISED

The PNGRFL has today announced the PM13 PNG vs. Australia match will be televised in PNG live on Sunday 12th October from 3pm.
In a unique initiative the match will be shown live on Kundu and Hitron.

PNGRFL CEO Brad Tassell said there were many people to thank for getting the coverage in place for the highly anticipated match;
“Firstly I would like to thank John Mangos and his Digicel Team for making this happen and providing and the live feed through to the networks. Without their assistance this would not have been possible. A huge thank you also to NBC (Kundu) and Hitron for taking the telecast for fans who cannot be at the match.”
“Lastly a big thank you to telecast sponsors Digicel, PNG LNG, Air Niugini, PNG Power, Coca-Cola, Boroko Motors and the National Government. Again without their commitment we would not have been able to make this happen and it’s greatly appreciated. This is a perfect example of how far Rugby League has come in such a short time. Everyone is working together for the betterment of the game which is a great thing for a fanatical Rugby League Nation.”

Tickets for the match are selling quickly and are still available at Agmark, Kokopo. The PNGRFL are urging fans to purchase their tickets quickly and ensure a capacity crowd is at
the match to support a new look, young PNG team as they take on the might of Australia.

GongPanther

Referee
I notice that nobody is covering this game to Australian audiences on Sunday.

So it looks like a day of watching cars going around in a big circle on a mountain and being periodically woken up with the odd car crash.

franklin2323

Immortal
I notice that nobody is covering this game to Australian audiences on Sunday.

So it looks like a day of watching cars going around in a big circle on a mountain and being periodically woken up with the odd car crash.

Of course not. RL coverage in this country is a disgrace

Ok so this isn't going to be on sky sports, can't find any streams to the match, anyone have any idea how the fudge we're mean't to watch this match?

Latest posts