What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Wb1234

Immortal
If somebody is asking you to buy it then I think it's advantage NRL. Wonder if nrl wants to partner someone in this like Murdoch?!
He sold Bskyb I think

Sky almost walked away last time covering the sport

I’m sure pvl is holding talks behind closed doors as your article says

MugaB

Coach
a taxpayer funded NRL team with a cosy compound for them to live in will boost albo's rating lol
All the salt here ffs
2lS.gif
Do you want RL to be strong? or do you want it to not get leg ups by govts like the RU or AFL do constantly, I can't believe the fuķcing karens here, complaining about any tax payers funds they they'll never see or know where it goes to even if this bid didn't exist, you're all morons if you think this isn't happening, the NRL wants a share of government funding, afl have been getting it for decades

Pippen94

First Grade
All the salt here ffs
View attachment 88404
Do you want RL to be strong? or do you want it to not get leg ups by govts like the RU or AFL do constantly, I can't believe the fuķcing karens here, complaining about any tax payers funds they they'll never see or know where it goes to even if this bid didn't exist, you're all morons if you think this isn't happening, the NRL wants a share of government funding, afl have been getting it for decades

So true. AFL would have team in PNG, Taiwan, east Timor if government was paying..

Wb1234

Immortal
All the salt here ffs
View attachment 88404
Perf or bust

Canard

Immortal
All the salt here ffs
View attachment 88404
This is beyond government handouts though.

Getting a few mill here or there to subsist a sport is one thing, this is different.

It's 100% reliant on handouts to survive, and when the handouts stop our game takes a huge hit financially.

This is all about short term greed, with no long term plan.

MugaB

Coach
This is beyond government handouts though.

Getting a few mill here or there to subsist a sport is one thing, this is different.

It's 100% reliant on handouts to survive, and when the handouts stop our game takes a huge hit financially.

This is all about short term greed, with no long term plan.
Garbage, take what you can while it's there then if there's no more handouts, drop the team, asap, not sure why you care SO much, in 1997-2000 there was more was like 10 teams merged/cut etc we are talking about 1 png club that you already don't want

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Garbage, take what you can while it's there then if there's no more handouts, drop the team, asap, not sure why you care SO much, in 1997-2000 the more was like 10 teams merged/cut etc we are talking about 1 png club that you already don't want
The removal of teams 30 years ago, saved the comp money, not cost it.

This team, will suddenly cost 10s of millions to run for the game, once the handouts dry up.

A better option would be to choose a more economically stable region that will grow the game and be a geniune return on investment.

Unfortunately RL administrators don't seem to have any long term vision.

MugaB

Coach
The removal of teams 30 years ago, saved the comp money, not cost it.

This team, will suddenly cost 10s of millions to run for the game, once the handouts dry up.

A better option would be to choose a more economically stable region that will grow the game and be a geniune return on investment.

Unfortunately RL administrators don't seem to have any long term vision.
Fućk all that, we have a chance to get a team paid for a decade, up front, and you're like nah man let's go somewhere else more stable, listen if was costing the NRL 600 million, then yeah I agree flush it, but it's not, that money would never see the light if day, probably end up building AFL an new stadium in Darwin and Hobart FFS

Latest posts